Someone Unknown

Jan 2, 2018
Here is the NPC creator

1.29 (Based on Newlife 0.7.8, It's compatible with 0.7.10, no new traits since)

Windows Version

Linux Version

BTW in case you didn't know you don't need a NPC creator or any other program as you can edit the .yml files with notepad.

The Newlife discord has a channel for the NPC Creator

Creiz

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2018
Jesus. Games like this, Lilllith's Throne, TiTS, COC, etc. seriously need at least an avatar thingie.

It's fun reading a choose your own adventure novel and all, but without any visuals...

I really respect everyone who can still enjoy games like this completely on text. Seriously. It's like they have a superpower or something.

Tend

Feb 14, 2018
I mean, books are one thing, sure. To me, it's different, though. If I'm on a computer, at least a visual novel, or something.
The best thing about this game is that it is only text. You can imagine everything, which to me is so much better, than getting some whack image that shows the scene for you. Most games on this site have terrible art, so that doesn't make things better...
If a game has great art style it might be good, but I rather have only text, which allows me to imagine every scene in my head, than some whack ass art, that ruins everything for me.

Another good thing about text games is, that they shouldn't need that much time in development...but this lazy ass dev here really manages to put out 1 or 2 absolutely minor changes every month and still milk his patreons with this. I would actually pay for this game, because the actual groundwork is amazing...this game has so much potential, it hurts seeing it develop like this. Unless he actually works on it though, I will never become a patreon...

Hardor

May 29, 2020
The best thing about this game is that it is only text. You can imagine everything, which to me is so much better, than getting some whack image that shows the scene for you. Most games on this site have terrible art, so that doesn't make things better...
If a game has great art style it might be good, but I rather have only text, which allows me to imagine every scene in my head, than some whack ass art, that ruins everything for me.

Another good thing about text games is, that they shouldn't need that much time in development...but this lazy ass dev here really manages to put out 1 or 2 absolutely minor changes every month and still milk his patreons with this. I would actually pay for this game, because the actual groundwork is amazing...this game has so much potential, it hurts seeing it develop like this. Unless he actually works on it though, I will never become a patreon...
Everybody by his style I guess. For me the art is atleast acceptable on most games (besides the overtly large breasts that I find really disturbing, perhaps because in my clan older women tends to have those). The real problem for me usually is that there simply isn't actual game mechanics, so the games are more visual novels and less like actual games or if they are, they lack badly in content, are unfinished and are usually abandoned just when they start to get on the zone.

I personally enjoy very much an avatar-doll system, where you put a doll avatar clothes to help imagining things. I also don't mind the occasional visual aid, as long as it doesn't look like drawn by 5-year old, doesn't look like it is taken from a horror show or the Uncanny Valley (unless it is supposed to be a horror scene, naturally) or doesn't seem like totally out of place (chubby, middle-age redhead on scene, when the scene should be about petite teenager darkhair for example).

Tend

Feb 14, 2018
Everybody by his style I guess. For me the art is atleast acceptable on most games (besides the overtly large breasts that I find really disturbing, perhaps because in my clan older women tends to have those). The real problem for me usually is that there simply isn't actual game mechanics, so the games are more visual novels and less like actual games or if they are, they lack badly in content, are unfinished and are usually abandoned just when they start to get on the zone.

I personally enjoy very much an avatar-doll system, where you put a doll avatar clothes to help imagining things. I also don't mind the occasional visual aid, as long as it doesn't look like drawn by 5-year old, doesn't look like it is taken from a horror show or the Uncanny Valley (unless it is supposed to be a horror scene, naturally) or doesn't seem like totally out of place (chubby, middle-age redhead on scene, when the scene should be about petite teenager darkhair for example).
Yeah I get that. Games like Female Agent are doing that really well. But Female Agent has pretty much the same problem as this one.
Of course everybody has different tastes...I just personally like text games, because nothing is better than your own imagination.
There are some good games on here with visuals, content and game mechanics...but there are not that many unfortunately.
I also like realistic games personally. A game where you basically just live the life of someone...preferably someone you created yourself. Text games are perfect for this as you can see in newlife. Because you can basically create anyone with just a few keywords...and the rest is done by your imagination. Visual games that have a character creator either have a bad creator or the creator is good, but that's about it...there's not a lot about game content. (looking at you Illusion)
So that's the reason why I like text games. Unfortunetaly I have to say, there are not a lot good text games out there. I would even say newlife is the best one in that regard and that tells you a lot. Housesitting is pretty good as well, but that's really linear and doesn't have a lot of sexual content. It's insanely well written though.
I wish there would be more devs creating text games like this...maybe devs that actually work on their game, unlike SO.

ABlackOcean

Apr 27, 2021
At this point I realized, I wasnt even angry anymore. All the disappointment and anger has vanished up to the point its just amusing to see the "progress" and the changelogs.
Thank you for this, caus its a completely new experience for me to see myself transcend like that.

Anyone willing to start betting on how long till the changelogs will be one-liners?

Rhazes

Dec 29, 2019
There needs to be a few more developers using this system/engine. This dev is lacking in everything except the games initial design abd every update is disappointing. I skipped the last 4-5.

3.40 star(s) 35 Votes