RPGM Nex(e)us Institute [v0.05.1] [TheHypnotizator]

4.20 star(s) 5 Votes

Abibliboop

Oct 21, 2018
During the escape did you have difficulty even if you used the key to run? When I made that part, I had to try it over and over to make sure all the "lights" worked. If you walk it's impossible to get through that phase, but if you run it becomes much easier.
I've tried always run with both mouse and the keys and have never managed to get past the third light before the girls catch me. They are so fast and can just make a straight line to you while you have to keep going up or down or having to pause to let a moving light pass you. If they got "caught" by the lights and had to pause you could at least lure them into some traps to buy time, but currently I don't think its possible to acheive without failing 50+ times to memorize the pattern of each of the lights and the restart and load time makes that pointless.

Reactions: 0culus

Mograx

Oct 16, 2019
I was able to do it after a lot of trial and error with little issues. Once I got the hang of the movement, it became quite easy.

That said, I agree, the segment should honestly be entirely scrapped in lieu of something else imo. Even getting the hang of it and able to replicate success didn't make me feel good for accomplishing it. Just relief it was over. Though I'm biased against RPGM admittedly, I hate it with every fiber of my being lol.

My point: Even someone who eventually found it easy dislikes it.

Though I guess the response to that is: Then replace the switch thingy and avoid it. To which, okay, fair enough lol. Still felt it worth voicing my feedback.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
I switched on always run and/or use the mouse, and I can dodge the moving lights OK, though it's still very difficult with how fast they are. It's when the girls start chasing that no matter what I do I get caught when the dialog ends regardless of how fast I move; doesn't matter if I move forwards or to the side, they still catch me before I can move even one tile. I really dislike the entire sequence, twitch sections in RPGs suck.
That sounds like a bug altogether. I never had any experience like that. Difficulty not accidentally running into the lights, sure, but definitely nothing where there felt like a risk of getting caught for any reason other than spending too long trying to time when I go across the lights. I wonder if the issue is that something's causing them to start to move too early, or you're somehow starting the event too close to them? I probably have a save right before that, I'll check what happens when I do things different ways.

Edit: Hmm... That's strange. I went through the segment again and the first time I got that scene, I'm pretty sure they waited a moment before starting the chase. But every subsequent time I did it, they started way too early. One time I got caught even though I was already holding down the right arrow key before closing the text box. I'm not sure what changed.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2017
I've tried always run with both mouse and the keys and have never managed to get past the third light before the girls catch me. They are so fast and can just make a straight line to you while you have to keep going up or down or having to pause to let a moving light pass you. If they got "caught" by the lights and had to pause you could at least lure them into some traps to buy time, but currently I don't think its possible to acheive without failing 50+ times to memorize the pattern of each of the lights and the restart and load time makes that pointless.
I'm surprised you had so many problems at that point, I honestly thought it was relatively easy to get over. You have to learn the pattern of the lights, but using the button to run will make you faster than the two girls

grantemp07

Apr 5, 2020
I'm surprised you had so many problems at that point, I honestly thought it was relatively easy to get over. You have to learn the pattern of the lights, but using the button to run will make you faster than the two girls
One big issue during learning the section is that there's a light extremely close to the Player that is incredibly easy to hit, and the dialogue end (that opens up to the chase beginning) isn't 100% clear that it's coming up. This delay in starting, alongside the strong possibility of hitting the first light due to panic, leads to getting caught by the girls right off the bat being incredibly easy. That was my experience, at least, and it sounds similar to what other players are experiencing.

Reactions: Abibliboop

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
and it sounds similar to what other players are experiencing.
Nah, there are some times where they catch you before it's literally even possible to move, long before the question of hitting a light or even making a turn is possible. And some times when they don't. I was literally holding the arrow key while I ended the text and still got caught one time. I think there's something affecting when they start moving in relation to the character, and I'm not sure what. The best course of action might just be to start them significantly farther away from the player.

Reactions: Abibliboop

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Seems there's a news post, but it's Patrons-only. Anyone able to share the info? I was just about to ask if there was any new information about how the game is coming along.

Reactions: Clasified0000
Sep 12, 2017
How progress for the next version?
Seems there's a news post, but it's Patrons-only. Anyone able to share the info? I was just about to ask if there was any new information about how the game is coming along.
In short, "The work is progressing well, albeit slowly, and we are close to the release of the new update".

I have almost finished making all the images of the new update, after which there will be a final test of everything before the actual release.

Syrett

Jun 3, 2020
hits a lot of the boxes i've got.
haven't seen an update in a long time
but im happy to wait.

L12@

Feb 7, 2018
These are the contents of the new version of the game:
  • The "Pro Gamer" side quest is now completable.
  • Two new characters.
  • 4 new bad endings.
  • more than 450 new images.
  • The chase in the dungeon with the lights has been slightly simplified.
  • Various bug fixes.
When is the public release?

ChaosT

Nov 14, 2020
I have color blindness and hard struck at color pattern one. Can you help me with that?

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Seems the new update is public on Patreon.

The latest version of Nex(e)us Institute is now available for everyone! Here are the new contents of this version of the game:

• The "Pro Gamer" side quest is now completable
  • Two new characters.
  • 4 new bad endings.
  • more than 450 new images.
  • The chase in the dungeon with the lights has been slightly simplified.
  • Various bug fixes.
P.s. With this new update, side missions only become available after you have completed the first main quest. Therefore, in order to access the Pro Gamer side mission you must have a manual save in which you have not yet completed the Sarah and Gracie main quest. If you don't have it, you'll need to start the game all over to access the secondary mission.

Reactions: grantemp07
4.20 star(s) 5 Votes