RPGM Nex(e)us Institute [v0.05.2] [TheHypnotizator]

4.20 star(s) 5 Votes

Anon21

Mar 29, 2017
Nice, I would have liked a male sub mc, but it looks good nevertheless.
That's not really my thing, but it does give me an idea. Everybody remembers the classic "male MC has to attend a female school in disguise (for reasons)" trope, right? Maybe the female protagonist in this game could find that one of her potential harem members is secretly a man.

Reactions: Automatized Bot

Aseratrix

Engaged Member
Dec 16, 2019
That's not really my thing, but it does give me an idea. Everybody remembers the classic "male MC has to attend a female school in disguise (for reasons)" trope, right? Maybe the female protagonist in this game could find that one of her potential harem members is secretly a man.
The second option for my liking would be for the mc to be the sub for all the other girls, I don't know if such a route is planned or not.

S&T

Game Developer
Feb 21, 2021
Not a bad start. Looking forward to seeing where it goes.

Sep 12, 2017
Hey guys, thanks everyone for your interest in this project. I take advantage of this post to clarify some doubts and curiosities about the future of the game. As you can easily imagine, despite the basic idea of what Nex(e)us Institute has to offer, its development has just begun and many mechanics have yet to be evaluated, so as to understand if they are worth implementing or not, although I already have clear ideas about some details.

First of all, I want to specify that in the game you will have two main tasks. The first will be to create your harem, the second will be to "rebuild" the Nexeus. Regarding this last task, it will be necessary to earn money by working (without making grinding too annoying), so that you can improve the structures that already exist and create additional buildings to enrich the institute even more (and of course, it will also be possible to earn money in less orthodox ways, if you know what I mean :sneaky:). Although the game is centered on the story and the "harem" component (which will mainly be linked to Abigail), you will be able to move freely around the Nexeus and various side quests will be available. These extra missions, if completed, will not only offer additional income, but also additional events, characters and bad endings. If you want, however, you can also ignore them completely. Also, in relation to the reconstruction of the Nexeus, each new location you build will bring new explorable maps and with them, additional characters and events.

As for the bad endings, although you will encounter several of them just as you progress through the story, many others will be hidden around the game world and you will have to carefully explore the maps to discover them. Some will be very easy to find while others will be much harder to reach. At the moment I thought of the bad endings as little "extras" in which to put any fetish that can come to mind. The bad endings, however, will not lead to deviations in the story... for now. In fact, currently I want to focus the adventure on a single viable path and, once that is over, create new ones linked to some choices with certain characters (although, I want to specify it, we are talking about something that will be implemented much later).

Jul 11, 2019
It's a good start and I look forwards to more, but I'm unsure why it was released this soon with little more than the prologue in terms of length. I feel it would've been better to let it simmer so one can sit down and spend a while on it rather than getting stonewalled as immersion and interest in the story begins to set in.
But I digress; what's there is good and the future does seem bright, if a little distant, so as long as it doesn't get abandoned I think it'll be a worthwhile project to keep in mind for us Yuri fans. Keep it up.

Sep 12, 2017
It's a good start and I look forwards to more, but I'm unsure why it was released this soon with little more than the prologue in terms of length. I feel it would've been better to let it simmer so one can sit down and spend a while on it rather than getting stonewalled as immersion and interest in the story begins to set in.
But I digress; what's there is good and the future does seem bright, if a little distant, so as long as it doesn't get abandoned I think it'll be a worthwhile project to keep in mind for us Yuri fans. Keep it up.
Inexperience, mainly. This is my first time working on such a project and when I started working on it I didn't know exactly how to move. I admit that I have struggled a lot to realize what little has come out so far, mostly because I did not know the programs I am using at all, and only now I can move more easily between menus and variables. I was a bit afraid that these months of work could lead to a result... not interesting for the players, so I preferred to publish a very basic version of the game (v0.01 consisted of only one room and its event) as soon as possible just to get some feedback and understand if I was moving towards the right path.

I didn't think the project would get such positive feedback (I mean, I was hoping for at least a couple of comments :LOL:) and it was comforting, I took a huge weight off my shoulders. The only rule that I really set myself is that whatever I did with this project, it would have been something that I would have enjoyed playing with, and I can say that it is working as I am really enjoying the development, even just imagining what upcoming events or bad endings to insert and how to insert them. I understand the annoyance of finding yourself with a version of the game that is still very narrow in terms of content (after all, it is the exact same feeling that I felt with some titles that I discovered on this site), but I assure you that the goal is to make it sooooo bigger and richer

Jul 11, 2019
You know, that's a fair point. I didn't consider the notion that some developers don't necessairly have a roadmap in their head to move from and some work based on feedback. I have been enlightened!

ss6

Nov 9, 2018
Inexperience, mainly. This is my first time working on such a project and when I started working on it I didn't know exactly how to move. I admit that I have struggled a lot to realize what little has come out so far, mostly because I did not know the programs I am using at all, and only now I can move more easily between menus and variables. I was a bit afraid that these months of work could lead to a result... not interesting for the players, so I preferred to publish a very basic version of the game (v0.01 consisted of only one room and its event) as soon as possible just to get some feedback and understand if I was moving towards the right path.

I didn't think the project would get such positive feedback (I mean, I was hoping for at least a couple of comments :LOL:) and it was comforting, I took a huge weight off my shoulders. The only rule that I really set myself is that whatever I did with this project, it would have been something that I would have enjoyed playing with, and I can say that it is working as I am really enjoying the development, even just imagining what upcoming events or bad endings to insert and how to insert them. I understand the annoyance of finding yourself with a version of the game that is still very narrow in terms of content (after all, it is the exact same feeling that I felt with some titles that I discovered on this site), but I assure you that the goal is to make it sooooo bigger and richer
For a first game, it's a really good start. Many games from big compagnies seems not better than your game.
I really like the CG in dialogue, it's a good point we rarely see.

Do you want to add "seduction event" in the game, like seduction event in the lust series ( 62 studio ) ? It could give us a bad ending :D

Stela-chan

Jul 27, 2018
Oooooooooooh boi...this thing is going to be amazing. But I need to wait till it gets more updates.

Averageguy17

Aug 28, 2019
I'm pretty excited to see where this goes. I love hypnosis games that take their time and aren't "look at phone, zap, hypnotized now sex" ya know? I'm glad there's more emphasis on the "hypnosis" than the "sex" part.

I also managed to find a bug. Basically when in Lowe's house, if you leave through the door and enter her house again before going to sleep, the cutscene with Sarah and her friend plays again.

Sep 12, 2017
I'm pretty excited to see where this goes. I love hypnosis games that take their time and aren't "look at phone, zap, hypnotized now sex" ya know? I'm glad there's more emphasis on the "hypnosis" than the "sex" part.

I also managed to find a bug. Basically when in Lowe's house, if you leave through the door and enter her house again before going to sleep, the cutscene with Sarah and her friend plays again.
We're on the same boat. Undoubtedly I appreciate the more "lively" part of these games, but I also really like all the preparation for the main event. Unfortunately it's an element that is often little considered, but I prefer to give it more space.

Anyway, thanks for letting me know about the bug. It will be fixed with the next version.

Reactions: brattlebob
4.20 star(s) 5 Votes