Uz19

Jul 20, 2017
Why does it say August 29th for the update?
It's the same version listed on their website from December 25th
niburithegame.blogspot.com/2017/12/niburi-pre-alpha-download.html

U

User_18742

Brilliant concept with so much potential. I just wish they'd passed the point they were at with the old versions of the game by now.

Rpgfan6622

Aug 23, 2017
Brilliant concept with so much potential. I just wish they'd passed the point they were at with the old versions of the game by now.
What's new? Nothing. That's the problem. It makes me wonder if the game can continue past the rags version.

U

User_18742

What's new? Nothing. That's the problem. It makes me wonder if the game can continue past the rags version.
Yeah I agree. The art is okay but there aren't even any scenes. I just don't see this having the driving force or momentum/passion behind it for it to be fulfilled. I remember the original idea was quite ambitious and the lorebuilding was good. It's a shame as the concept and RAGs game was amazing- I'd prefer it even to games being developed now!
I just wish the devs would keep us updated a bit more. There's a sizable fanbase, they should draw assistance if they need it.

Whyllow

Apr 18, 2018

It has a lot of RAGS games, among which Niburi. :)

muuhelwei

Oct 29, 2019
The "Abandoned" tag should be updated too, right?

I wonder what happened with Zeviathan (the blog mentions Zeviathan leaving the project), but best wishes to both Zeviathan and JazzerJ in their endeavours. I never played the game, but I remember a friend had played through some older versions and once thought about helping. I think some of their comments are on the blog, but they never received a confirmation about whether help was wanted. They thought once about fixing bugs in what was the current version of the game and adding content from the older versions, during the time that it seemed to be abandoned/on hiatus.

Rpgfan6622

Aug 23, 2017
The "Abandoned" tag should be updated too, right?
Based on their development history I would vote NO. If you don't know their development history since they abandoned the Rags version, it's like 6 months work then two year vacation for whatever engine the changed the game too. They only change I would like to see is the abandoned tag change to complete. I don't expect to see that during this decade.

jazzer

Sep 5, 2017
Huh, I did not know there was a thread on F95 :) I don't blame you for thinking it will be abandoned again. A brief history. It went from RAGS to FLASH to RPGMaker to RENPY...They did not work for the scope I wanted. Eventually settled on RENPY.
I was meant to do the writing and some coding, Zeviathan was to do the artwork......I did not get much from her, but when she left the project I had to remove everything she did and do it myself. I couldn't draw, so had to learn to draw. I still can't draw, but it is ok.

Am now focusing on the text element, with some basic artwork. Would love to bring an artist on board at some point.
0.820 is out. Takes it to 112k words, have LOADS of new stuff already written. Just need to get it in.

bladestorm91

Jun 16, 2017
This isn't abandoned, it was updated to 0.820 0.830 in 2nd August this year.

Last edited:

Rikis

Jan 9, 2018
PC

Mac

Linux

from

Reactions: Easy Pete

Rpgfan6622

Aug 23, 2017
It's been four months since my post and six months since the developer posted anything on the their website. This game still needs the abandoned tag.

1.00 star(s) 1 Vote