NeroD_175

Aug 24, 2019
This might be a classic case of "this game just isn't for me". There's a staggering number of reviews that strongly disagree with your viewpoint:

Personally, I think the gameplay is pretty mid. Nothing really new in the Soulslike genre. But the exploration, animation quality, and overall vast array of kinks being covered really makes it stand out, whereas many H game kind of just focus on a small handful of lewd concepts. The game is crammed full of enemy animations, game over CGs, cutscenes, and background NPCs, to a degree that I've rarely seen in other games. This makes it appeal to a wide variety of tastes. I've seen people discussing things from bestiality to mind control to bondage to futas to exhibitionism to clones, all of which cleanly fit into the context of the base game's offerings.

It also is clearly inspired by Bloodborne (and dark fantasy in general), which is arguably one of From Soft's most popular settings. It was also very visibly in the works for several years, allowing it to amass quite a following before even being released.

That all, plus the fact that it runs in unity using Spine animation makes it relatively straightforward for players to take apart and mod, adding to the longevity of the content. It's definitely not a perfect game by any means, but being totally flabbergasted that a game is popular despite you personally not finding it impressive is... actually kind of standard in the gaming community lol but coming into the thread full of dedicated fans to the game just to comment "this game is really mid lol, why are you all talking about it?" is likely going to get you some sour responses.
I must say it's pretty cool that it can be easily modded and that there are so many options to change the gameplay etc. but I played through the game on hard with 100% item collection once without mods and it took me 9 hours but I have no desire to play through it again with some mods that do nothing but alter the game's difficulty or escape mechanics etc. To me, it's just an ordinary Metroidvania with Souls-like elements but with hentai content like Alien Quest: Eve.

I also don't see how world design "inspiration" (or should I say 2D copy and pasting) from Bloodborne helps making the game more popular considering how Bloodborne is one of the Fromsoft games with the least sales (2-3 million). In that case they could have just stolen stuff from Dark Souls 3 instead which is way more popular with more famous areas such as Anor Londo etc.

And as I said , the animation and h-content is really good with a lot of kinks which is pretty neat but there are only ~10 game over CGs and I dont know if Im desensitized or something but I need some words to get turned on by games like this that describe the MCs feelings while getting raped etc. instead of just looking at some animations while hearing the same 4 moans over and over.

Last edited:

Plication

Mar 8, 2020
Its 5 secs after the shine being out of view. Too strict? 60 secs instead?
5 seconds if definitely way too quick, but I also don't think the current implementation achieves your intentions. From my quick tests, how it works currently is you interact with the trapped shrine, get the game over screen, and are then get put back at the shrine you tried to access, which will be accessible again. You don't lose souls even on very hard, so effectively the shrine still works, you just have to watch a cutscene first. Meaning the only reason to push on to another shrine is that you don't want to mash B to skip a load of dialogue.

So to properly dissuade the player from backtracking to a shrine, something needs to happen to the player on respawn. Losing souls is probably the bare minimum. Other possibilities could be respawning without full health/MP, without full potions, with a partially full pleasure gauge, respawning pregnant. The shrine should also stay disabled, though don't put the player into another GO if they interact with it immediately; that would be annoying.

I also think that it should be unpredictable, in both whether the shrine will get trapped and how long it remains safe. If you know you have to make it to the next shrine regardless, you're incentivised to play conservatively or just book it straight to the next shrine. If you don't know if the shrine will remain safe, perhaps you decide to risk it and fully explore an area without being super conservative, or you can aggressively rush to something in the area and try and get back to the shrine before it's trapped. I think the uncertainty would add more tension to the game than knowing 100% that you can't backtrack.

Personally, I think that instead of game overs, the trapped shrines should spawn enemies, or enemies should spawn at the shrine after X minutes, and you have to kill them before you can use it. They could be guaranteed elites or grab Aradia immediately (if using the shrine is required), and it could be any enemy in the same area as the shrine, rather than just the inquisition enemies. I get that this would probably be way harder to code, though.

EDIT: Oh you should also exclude the Church shrine from this, as it doesn't look like it is currently.

Last edited:

CommentPlease

Feb 25, 2023
I have to polish it a little bit but all in all I am satisfied with the result of the first part of the animation.
now I have to experiment with the code to change the sounds (the ones it has don't fit very well with the scene), add a black fade screen for the scene transition and figure out how to edit new assets for the next part of the animation.
wish me luck!
and thank you Krongorka for the tech support!
View attachment 2544895
Now THAT is most impressive. Original, attractive, very creative usage of the elements. Can't wait to see the final result.

Reactions: Nephilim50

bgtbbb

Mar 3, 2021
5 seconds if definitely way too quick, but I also don't think the current implementation achieves your intentions. From my quick tests, how it works currently is you interact with the trapped shrine, get the game over screen, and are then get put back at the shrine you tried to access, which will be accessible again. You don't lose souls even on very hard, so effectively the shrine still works, you just have to watch a cutscene first. Meaning the only reason to push on to another shrine is that you don't want to mash B to skip a load of dialogue.

So to properly dissuade the player from backtracking to a shrine, something needs to happen to the player on respawn. Losing souls is probably the bare minimum. Other possibilities could be respawning without full health/MP, without full potions, with a partially full pleasure gauge, respawning pregnant. The shrine should also stay disabled, though don't put the player into another GO if they interact with it immediately; that would be annoying.

I also think that it should be unpredictable, in both whether the shrine will get trapped and how long it remains safe. If you know you have to make it to the next shrine regardless, you're incentivised to play conservatively or just book it straight to the next shrine. If you don't know if the shrine will remain safe, perhaps you decide to risk it and fully explore an area without being super conservative, or you can aggressively rush to something in the area and try and get back to the shrine before it's trapped. I think the uncertainty would add more tension to the game than knowing 100% that you can't backtrack.

Personally, I think that instead of game overs, the trapped shrines should spawn enemies, or enemies should spawn at the shrine after X minutes, and you have to kill them before you can use it. They could be guaranteed elites or grab Aradia immediately (if using the shrine is required), and it could be any enemy in the same area as the shrine, rather than just the inquisition enemies. I get that this would probably be way harder to code, though.

EDIT: Oh you should also exclude the Church shrine from this, as it doesn't look like it is currently.
Thanks for the feedback. New version with quick fixes
### v0.8.1
- Fixed not losing all exp on trapped save points
- Church savepoint can no longer be trapped
- Increased time for save point to be trapped

0lubt0

May 17, 2021
had the same idear but instead of random enemies it would be the guys(Black Suit) that strangle you and put you in the slum toilet they look as if the could be assasins and capture mc without rape as if they are specialy send just to capture her.

as for the shrine why not send her back a stage and we need to fight our way back to the stage we want or send her to stage 1 and lock the fast travel option in the shrine so she needs to defet the 1st boss again to unlock it

Plication

Mar 8, 2020
### v0.8.1
Thanks for the quick update, but unfortunately I don't think it's worked. The church shrine still got trapped, and I didn't lose any souls again.

The shrine in Illsuive's shop (the witch you rescue) should also be excluded from being trapped.

EDIT: Oh nevermind, I had some shortcuts wrong so I wasn't using the new version

Last edited:

nordownload

Apr 12, 2023
### v0.8.1
this might be a dumb question, but how do you install the mod to the game

bgtbbb

Mar 3, 2021
this might be a dumb question, but how do you install the mod to the game
Install instructions were posted with the patch notes:

## Installing
1. Only tested with a fresh install (See downloads on first page)
2. Unzip the file
3. Place the 'NoREroMod.dll' within the 'RJ405582 - Night of Revenge\BepInEx\plugins' folder

## Configuration
1. Install the mod and run the game to generate the conf file
2. Edit the file at "RJ405582 - Night of Revenge\BepInEx\config\NoREroMod.cfg" with any text editor
3. Change the settings as needed

nordownload

Apr 12, 2023
Install instructions were posted with the patch notes:

## Installing
1. Only tested with a fresh install (See downloads on first page)
2. Unzip the file
3. Place the 'NoREroMod.dll' within the 'RJ405582 - Night of Revenge\BepInEx\plugins' folder

## Configuration
1. Install the mod and run the game to generate the conf file
2. Edit the file at "RJ405582 - Night of Revenge\BepInEx\config\NoREroMod.cfg" with any text editor
3. Change the settings as needed
thanks dude

4.50 star(s) 79 Votes