Comics Collection NLT Media Collection [2021-10-19] [NLT Media]

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes

jande21

I AM THE LAW
Respected User
Former Staff
Oct 19, 2016
The quality of Y3DF REALLY fell off. For being such a big studio their renders are alright but the stories are hilariously bad.
I think they just stuck to going for the same thing, as smaller studios flew past them.
I really like Kalevra's renders, but for some reason he has to connect all of his stories together. It was fun at the start, but he's still doing that after years.

Reactions: Vibescu and Hadgar

Thrownaway13

Lvl 12 - Cutie
Respected User
Former Staff
May 27, 2017
I really like Kalevra's renders, but for some reason he has to connect all of his stories together. It was fun at the start, but he's still doing that after years.
Yeah that's why I liked their earlier stuff. It was short stories that you could read without needing a 5 week lore class. Kalevera does do some good work! Ive found myself not even bothering to look at Y3DF lately.

Hadgar

Jun 2, 2017
I like Kalevra's renders too and he can do better if he tries. But the problem of Y3DF is not only in the "Busted" series. This series began in 2014. How many good comics have come out under the Y3DF brand since then? I do not even remember all at once. And how much did they last? A maximum of 4 issues ("Sabotage"). Although they were not masterworks, they deserved at least 1-2 issues. Y3DF can not be popular only with one large series (now boring).

Reactions: jande21

jande21

I AM THE LAW
Respected User
Former Staff
Oct 19, 2016
I like Kalevra's renders too and he can do better if he tries. But the problem of Y3DF is not only in the "Busted" series. This series began in 2014. How many good comics have come out under the Y3DF brand since then? I do not even remember all at once. And how much did they last? A maximum of 4 issues ("Sabotage"). Although they were not masterworks, they deserved at least 1-2 issues. Y3DF can not be popular only with one large series (now boring).
They definitely started to overuse Kalevra's art, like you said I couldn't even name another artist of theirs. And it seems they'll keep doing it, since they have that game with his art that even made it to steam.

Reactions: Hadgar

monroe

insert cringey ass bio here
Staff member
Donor
Jun 23, 2017
Don't understand why Y3DF keep stopping their series like the Sabotage comic was good and had excellent art but got scrapped for no reason. Have no doubt the Bad Boss comic will also be abruptly stopped.

5.00 star(s) 4 Votes