• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Cheat Mod RAGS No Haven: Loaded Dice Mod [v.7.3.1] [V.983 - Patreon] [Bedlam Games]

5.00 star(s) 7 Votes

Which version of "Change Conjuration" should be used going forward?

• Version A(Clicky)

Votes: 23 21.5%
  • Version B(Less Clicky)

Votes: 20 18.7%
  • Version C(Quick and Done)

Votes: 63 58.9%
  • A different idea altogether(post it)

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
If people are interested there was recently(ish) posted at the Hypnopics Collective a couple of tools for RAGS games, including some of the features of this Mod, like automatic criticals. It allows you to edit near anything using a debug mode via python scripts. Examples scripts are provided but a range of things are not clear, like affecting Biomancy/Corruption

Also they posted a tweak to RAGS 2.4.16 that significantly speeds it up

load/save games are a lot faster, especially for No Haven

Reactions: iamnuff and flakon

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
That debugrags does nothing for me. 'DebugRags has stopped working' the moment I try to launch the .exe

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
Working fine for me, I had downloaded it and unzipped into a new folder that is writable (not read only), I also unzipped their faster version of RAGS into said folder

I just tried then running 'DebugRags.exe' and it opens no problems, as it has when I have been using previously.

As always to play RAGS games you need to have the SQL components installed, and the other prerequisites for Rags

This does use python, not sure if you need it separately installed, I do and the poster/developer did not mention.

Not sure otherwise, you could try temporarily disabling your antivirus and try running. Scan the folder first, but I have been using it with no issues, but check for yourself. If it now works you could add an exception for the folder/exe

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
Working fine for me, I had downloaded it and unzipped into a new folder that is writable (not read only), I also unzipped their faster version of RAGS into said folder

I just tried then running 'DebugRags.exe' and it opens no problems, as it has when I have been using previously.

As always to play RAGS games you need to have the SQL components installed, and the other prerequisites for Rags

This does use python, not sure if you need it separately installed, I do and the poster/developer did not mention.

Not sure otherwise, you could try temporarily disabling your antivirus and try running. Scan the folder first, but I have been using it with no issues, but check for yourself. If it now works you could add an exception for the folder/exe
I already have all that stuff set so that I could play the default version.

Well, no. I might not have Python. I've never needed it for anything before.

horribleperson

Aug 21, 2018
No you don't need Python to run the exe since I don't have python installed either. You might need .Net 4.7.2 like it is recommended for the speed up modification.

Frank N. Stein

Modder
Aug 6, 2016
I fully endorse the use of that tool.
It's soooooo much smoother than modding the game itself, but for now, the mod.

I'll probably upload it tonight after I get back from D&D.
Haven't had any time to check if anything works, or if I broke anything that MIGHT have been working before.
In the event of worst case scenario and things are broke/missed, I'll fix ASAHP.
Don't want to put all my eggs into this one because that fu-... the dev just released an update and I was already well into this version.

Reactions: evelelf

evelelf

Jul 1, 2017
I fully endorse the use of that tool.
It's soooooo much smoother than modding the game itself, but for now, the mod.

I'll probably upload it tonight after I get back from D&D.
Haven't had any time to check if anything works, or if I broke anything that MIGHT have been working before.
In the event of worst case scenario and things are broke/missed, I'll fix ASAHP.
Don't want to put all my eggs into this one because that fu-... the dev just released an update and I was already well into this version.
I've noticed update only when I read your post! Funny) But let this not stop you from working on! We can still enjoy your mod even in previous version!

Frank N. Stein

Modder
Aug 6, 2016
Took a few extra minutes to check if everything isn't broken, and it doesn't seem like anything is. Honestly, it seems like there are things that were broken that are running smoother which makes no sense.

I'll update to the Patreon version once I get a hold of it for the latest version. It shouldn't be nearly as much of a chore to transfer the mod between versions anymore, so the only time consuming thing between versions now should be new content or horrendously over complicated bugs.

But anyways, update is out. Enjoy.

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
Aaand 0.812 is already out. Seemingly as soon as you updated the mod, the game itself had another update to invalidate it.

Look significant too, with encampment upgrades and debt content.

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
No you don't need Python to run the exe since I don't have python installed either. You might need .Net 4.7.2 like it is recommended for the speed up modification.
I got both python and .net 4.7.2, but I'm still getting the crash immidiately after opening.
Pain in the ass, since the debugmode sounds great.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Frank N. Stein

Modder
Aug 6, 2016
Just an FYI, choosing specific kinds of corruption seems to be crashing my game
You can't see it right now, but my third eye is twitching.

Normally, I'm supposed to ask for more details, such as "Who was the caster, who was the target, which tweak settings did you have up, did you bathe your computer in the blood of a virgin Bandersnatch?" and other silly but obvious things.
Yet, as corruption is one of those things that has long since driven a divide between my sanity and I, I shall forgo all that and just get to work on figuring out where I kerfuckered it.

New version, which is to say, an update to .812 - TF, will be up tonight.

cmacleod42

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Aug 29, 2017
I got both python and .net 4.7.2, but I'm still getting the crash immidiately after opening.
Pain in the ass, since the debugmode sounds great.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I may of got an issue when I first used the tool. I double checked I had the required version of the SQL engine and .NET, but I did.
Deleted and redownloaded and added the faster RAGS version and it worked

Also check you have .NET 4.7.2 as is required, the error is an exception being thrown in a .NET library. See the 'faster RAGS' post, it has a link for the installers.

Aug 13, 2018
You can't see it right now, but my third eye is twitching.

Normally, I'm supposed to ask for more details, such as "Who was the caster, who was the target, which tweak settings did you have up, did you bathe your computer in the blood of a virgin Bandersnatch?" and other silly but obvious things.
Yet, as corruption is one of those things that has long since driven a divide between my sanity and I, I shall forgo all that and just get to work on figuring out where I kerfuckered it.

New version, which is to say, an update to .812 - TF, will be up tonight.
tl;dr

Everything.

Didn't matter who was casting and who it was targeting, as soon as I picked from the list of transformations, RAGS froze, thought about it for 10 seconds, then died.

Biomancy rigging seems to be working 95% of the time, tho, it always makes *something* happen, although it's not always what I picked, but it's never giving me a dud casting.

Frank N. Stein

Modder
Aug 6, 2016
tl;dr

Everything.

Didn't matter who was casting and who it was targeting, as soon as I picked from the list of transformations, RAGS froze, thought about it for 10 seconds, then died.

Biomancy rigging seems to be working 95% of the time, tho, it always makes *something* happen, although it's not always what I picked, but it's never giving me a dud casting.
Hmm... Even when it didn't work, forced player success and player backlash were at least working.
With the new update out, I have some breathing room to play around, so I'll take a deeper look at it.
I created a preset just for testing and it doesn't seem to be running into issues (other than the does nothing one, but that's simply because the conditions for the event/effect aren't met), so I may have finally found a fix for it. Though, considering how often I say this about corruption, I'm not holding my breath for someone finding something wrong.
So, as per usual, just let me know when you run into a bug.

The Biomancy rigging I'll look into as well. I have yet to have the issue of randomness (even when the flavour text for random outcome shows up, it fires correctly according to the cheat), but I'll run a bunch of tests between player and Slaver, Slaver and slaver, etc. to see if I can repeat it, and if I can, I'll look into the code to see if I can make it consistent.

Aug 13, 2018
Ah, biomancy might have just been showing the wrong result then

Edit: further updates

Corruption selection no longer crashes my game, so long as the thing that I selected didn't happen or nothing happens at all. This happens both when trying to use backlash and rigged successful, on both slaves and my PC.

Update 2: Backlash on my PC, when cast by my PC, seems to work semi-consistently and doesn't crash my game

Frank N. Stein

Modder
Aug 6, 2016
Ah, biomancy might have just been showing the wrong result then

Edit: further updates

Corruption selection no longer crashes my game, so long as the thing that I selected didn't happen or nothing happens at all. This happens both when trying to use backlash and rigged successful, on both slaves and my PC.

Update 2: Backlash on my PC, when cast by my PC, seems to work semi-consistently and doesn't crash my game

Biomancy:

I am still running through all my checks at the moment, but I think that one is working as intended. I'll probably still take a look under the hood and see if there is anything I notice.

Corruption:

If nothing is happening(like it fizzles or or disperses) or if something you didn't choose happens, then it could be a couple things.
The first is that it's working as intended. If the target cannot be afflicted with that effect, then it will cycle through until it finds an effect that can work. If it loops too many times, it will play the "nothing happens" text.
I deliberately left that in my mod.
In the first few... well, several, runs of the mod I found that if I tried to alter Corruption too much, there was the persistent risk of nothing being able to fire because of a check I missed, resulting in a crash.
So I left the preexisting safety net in place in order to reduce risk and stress.
If it's triggering something you didn't select, that's also a result of the safety net, though I'm still trying to figure out why it sometimes does that. I know sometimes it happens because the "double trouble" event is triggered (which is built into that safety net, making it hard to remove), though only the extra event plays, as it still tries to play the one that was selected but can't.

As for the crashes you're still experiencing, I'll try and smooth some things out in RAGS, as I can't seem to replicate them after downloading the current version. I know where the issue is happening, so I can take at least take a guess at the problem.
Shouldn't take long, though I'll upload in the morning after going over it with a fresh pair of eyes.

Frank N. Stein

Modder
Aug 6, 2016
Delaying the next update, just a touch.

While I can get it so that the player fires corruption correctly, 100% (outside of when the target cannot be affected by the effect chosen), Slaver's are incredibly inconsistent. I can go from nothing wrong, to broken again after changing nothing.

So, keeping that in mind, I'd like to hear your opinions?

Do you want me to delay the update until I have a "doesn't randomly decide it's not going to work" version, or release a "fix" with only the player side of the Corruption Tweaker?

5.00 star(s) 7 Votes