Undecided

Aug 3, 2017
Are there any unique slavers (from the recruitment and strong right arm list) that have unique content beyond just a unique picture or a bonus/malus to certain missions? I know Lacey and Namaah have daily events, do any of the others have hidden content like that?

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
I'm sure I'm not the first to ask this but: Is there a way to get the html formatting/colour to work in the RAGS 3.0.6.0 engine? After trying the game on that version for the first time, I was amazed at how much faster the game ran. I would absolutely love to use it from now on rather than the RAGS 2.4.x, if not for the fact that RAGS 3.0.6.0 didn't seem to accept the HTML formatting tags for colour and style.
It's worth mentioning that there are other things that are broken in the 3.0.6.0 version that might not be immediately noticeable. Some of the menu options are straight up missing, for example, and you wouldn't even know about them if you didn't compare the two versions. To say nothing of how crippling it can be to be unable to scroll up when there are choices on the screen. Trying to pick the right slavers for a rare assignment but not being able to see all the information can be a serious problem.

kochun51

Jul 19, 2020
How can I solve this problem and start the game?
Win 10
I tried RagsSuite ver. 2.4.16 / 2.6.1 / 3.0.6
Also installed Windows Media Player, Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Express

0.PNG

Undecided

Aug 3, 2017
Maybe I'm misremembering, so someone feel free to correct me, but wasn't there a way to have your second-in-command let you give out orders while your character was away from camp? In a way similar to the "planning" nightly activity. Anyone know how to do that?

kuraitja

Jul 18, 2020
awesome game, only thing i would like more for in this game is options, and submissive MC stuff. i like how you can create your character but there are still some options missing such as being able to get a Faith stat, but i hope they include this option in the future.

Reactions: Animalsfan5698

kuraitja

Jul 18, 2020
Maybe I'm misremembering, so someone feel free to correct me, but wasn't there a way to have your second-in-command let you give out orders while your character was away from camp? In a way similar to the "planning" nightly activity. Anyone know how to do that?
from what i understand is that after a while your second in command can do that on their own and it was random on my game, or if you want you can us nightly activity Plan your Assignment to get some extra days of orders

helios1234

Aug 9, 2018
I think my game is messed up as it doesn't ever look anything like the example they provide for example they show the options in dialogue being in the picture but I get a separate red pop up wnidow, is it just because they had been using a different version of RAGS? If not, and my game is messed up how would I go about fixing it, I already tried installing the SSCE Runtime and tried installing the NetFx20SP2 but the latter never opens.

Last edited:

Undecided

Aug 3, 2017
Is there any possible way to remove the "Sex Addict" trait from a slave? Kinda sucks you can never use them for camp jobs once they get it.

I think my game is messed up as it doesn't ever look anything like the example they provide, is it just because they had been using a different version of RAGS? If not, and my game is messed up how would I go about fixing it, I already tried installing the SSCE Runtime and tried installing the NetFx20SP2 but the latter never opens.
Yes, you are using a different version. And I'm not sure what you mean by "messed up", could you be more specific?

Rince

Jan 19, 2018
Does anyone have an idea as to how one would modify values regalia? The cheat button doesn't explain itself very well, I'm afraid.

A.H.

Jul 8, 2017
Does anyone have an idea as to how one would modify values regalia? The cheat button doesn't explain itself very well, I'm afraid.
yea i have troubles using the cheat feature too, when i try to edit a value all of the commas disappear and i can't put them back.

helios1234

Aug 9, 2018
Yes, you are using a different version. And I'm not sure what you mean by "messed up", could you be more specific?

Sorry what I mean is that in the example shown in game it shows that when you are talking to someone their is a image and the dialogue choices appear to be supper imposed on to the image, but when I talk to someone I get a separate window popping up (see screenshot).

On a unrelated note is there anyway to extract the images used for characters in game?

Undecided

Aug 3, 2017
Sorry what I mean is that in the example shown in game it shows that when you are talking to someone their is a image and the dialogue choices appear to be supper imposed on to the image, but when I talk to someone I get a separate window popping up (see screenshot).

On a unrelated note is there anyway to extract the images used for characters in game?
Firstly, if RAGS 2.6.x is causing issues, have you tried RAGS 3.0.x? (It runs vastly faster anyway, so I'd at least give that a try. Just remember to go into tools -> update html to re-enable NoHaven's formatting).

As for images, yes. You can either get (coughPIRATEcough) the unlocked copy of the RAGS editor from the "Loaded Dice" link in the OP to extract them via RAGS editor. Or an easier method is to just download the Regalia version, has pre-extracted all the game content for running in browsers. That has all the images just in a folder.

yea i have troubles using the cheat feature too, when i try to edit a value all of the commas disappear and i can't put them back.
Everyone has that issue. The only workaround that I've heard of is to edit the values via inspect element console rather than using the cheat window itself. There's some discussion about it in the "Loaded Dice" cheat mod thread if you want to try digging through that.

helios1234

Aug 9, 2018
Firstly, if RAGS 2.6.x is causing issues, have you tried RAGS 3.0.x? (It runs vastly faster anyway, so I'd at least give that a try. Just remember to go into tools -> update html to re-enable NoHaven's formatting).
I'm using the 3.0.60 version of RAGS and I do the update html and then set it to Unicode (UTF-8)

Side question: do tentacles actually do anything in game (i.e. can you use them or are they just there for looks) as I can't find anything about using them on the wiki, and can't find a way to use them in game?

Undecided

Aug 3, 2017
I'm using the 3.0.60 version of RAGS and I do the update html and then set it to Unicode (UTF-8)

Side question: do tentacles actually do anything in game (i.e. can you use them or are they just there for looks) as I can't find anything about using them on the wiki, and can't find a way to use them in game?
I'm not an expert on RAGS. But given how outdated and clunky the engine is, you're better off switching to Regalia if you can't get RAGS to work. While there's a delay for releases as compared to RAGS, the fact it's in HTML means it has better cross-version compatibility since you can edit saves or export/import them.

Normally Tentacles (Tct) is a trait, so yes, it can affect certain missions.

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
The game isn't meant to be compatible with 3.0.60. Try the 2.6 or 2.4 version. Some people may not like how slow they can be, but that's the only "official" way to play the game right now, and the various bugs caused by anything else (including the Regalia version) aren't ever going to be addressed by the dev. The dev is working on porting the game to Twine, but that probably won't be finished anytime remotely soon.

Jaxter

Feb 21, 2018
Bedlamgames' Tumblr said:
|Please ensure that you are using 2.4.16.0 of the RAGS client. As of 0.803 you may also be able to play it without problems using 3.0.60.0 other than occasional formatting issues as a trade off for better performance. Any other version of RAGS is still not a good idea.

Rhys_89

Jun 20, 2017
That's funny, because I just tried 2.4.16.0. It tells me the game is broken
if I try to open it.

3.0.60.0 is able to open the game, but bugs out completely once you quit
the tutorial.

2.6 won't open the game at all. Displays the error: "Unhandled Exeption ;
Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040"

Reactions: Netatama

a3on

Jun 4, 2019
depends on what you want to do and which version of the game you're on. (i'm on LD's 0.945, specific variables might differ)
but everything should be under
Code:
TheGame.Timers
or
Code:
TheGame.Variables

Reactions: LastPlayer
3.90 star(s) 20 Votes