VN Ren'Py Abandoned No More Golden Days [Act 1 Fix] [Studio Kuma]

4.40 star(s) 7 Votes

Sulring Durgul

Sep 2, 2018
Historical wargamer nitpicking, really, but if the game is taking place in the early 1st century BC, why are the soldiers wearing lorica segmentata that started to be used only a century later?
I guess most people won't care, for them, a "roman" has to look like those in the Asterix comic-books, lol.

Studio Kuma

The Broke Dev
Game Developer
Feb 2, 2019
Historical wargamer nitpicking, really, but if the game is taking place in the early 1st century BC, why are the soldiers wearing lorica segmentata that started to be used only a century later?
I guess most people won't care, for them, a "roman" has to look like those in the Asterix comic-books, lol.
If you could be kind enough to send us some reference pictures of Roman armor around 1BC, we'll make sure we update the art in the next patch.

Studio Kuma

The Broke Dev
Game Developer
Feb 2, 2019
That type of Roman armour wasn't in use yet.

Very nice art though, I'll check it out.
i see only lorica segmentata in the preview images will Lorica hamata/chainmail also be in the game since it was largely used by roman troops as well im a bit of a history nerd
Plus it wasn't the style of armor for officers anyways even when it was in use!
If you could be kind enough to send us some reference pictures of Roman armor around 1BC, we'll make sure we update the art in the next patch.

Rubbishcoder

Feb 7, 2018
Seems an oddly limiting choice to make it about a falling woman and not an up and coming army guy who goes around to different household full of various different women to corrupt and abuse.

JKH18

Jan 16, 2018
Okay, a couple of observations.

First, the very first thing you see after pressing start is this: View attachment 384630
So don't play this and expect a happy romance story.

All the volume controls were turned down when I started the game.
The voice volume was controlled by the "Sound volume" slider, not the "Voice volume" slider as you'd expect.
The voice acting has some echo effect on it? Sound like she's in a cave?

Pretty images, but clearly not a story for my tastes :)
Yup, Ancient Rome, not really for vanilla people :D

4.40 star(s) 7 Votes