VN Ren'Py Abandoned No More Golden Days [Act 1 Fix] [Studio Kuma]

4.40 star(s) 7 Votes

JKH18

Jan 16, 2018
Gotta say, really looking forward to seeing where this one goes. I guess I'll wait and see a while, when there's more content to go through before deciding whether or not pull the support trigger, but looks promising for a history fan like me. :)

moddy1

Jun 8, 2017
Great art.It definitely caught my attention.Hopefully the main character will always be the female protagonist.

Reactions: PKPremium

Akoonx

Jul 6, 2018
As a history nerd, I totally dig the setting, the art is great too, gonna keep my eyes on this one.

Cheers.

Reactions: PKPremium

T51bwinterized

Game Developer
Oct 17, 2017
I'll try this once the SoC release is out. If I like it, I might PM you and give you some advice on marketing, since that seems to be the element you're struggling with at present.

Aug 16, 2018
The art is great of course, as one expects from Messieurs's team. Your artist has a wonderful talent for creating beautiful, elegant women who suffer silently.

The writing is good, but there's a lot of text and it throws off the pacing with the art/scenes. A little less exposition would help a bit.

Really like that you're working with this historical topic; who needs fiction and fantasy when there's plenty of historical depravity to work with? Can you give us an idea of potential fetishes you will explore in this title?

Overall, it's very promising and looking forward to seeing it grow. If there is a Patreon $1/$2 level option, I'd gladly support this and MilkyTown. $6 at the lowest tier is beyond my means at my current income level.

freca

Jun 15, 2017
We will be focusing on updating our main game- Milky Town until next January :ROFLMAO:
That's terrible news. For as short as this update was, it opens up all kinds of amazing possibilities. But hey, I have a track record of being a sucker for games that get one release and then get abandoned.

BTW: LOVED the artwork. I also love the premise of the game. You've got a gem here. Don't forget about it.

TheSexinati

Sep 1, 2017
Segmentata in the age of Sulla!?

Imperial-typology helmets in the age of Sulla!?

The Balteus hanging below the waistline!?

Military Tunicae that drapes down below the knee-to-thighline... Are these men old? only the old wear those tunica in Rome!

Gracchus, play something more cheerful, I will need your soothing music to calm me down!

Nah, you're good. I don't expect everyone to have an in depth knowledge of ancient rome, and this looks like It will be a fine game to add to my catalogue. (y)

waffel

Donor
Aug 29, 2017
The art is great of course, as one expects from Messieurs's team. Your artist has a wonderful talent for creating beautiful, elegant women who suffer silently.

The writing is good, but there's a lot of text and it throws off the pacing with the art/scenes. A little less exposition would help a bit.

Really like that you're working with this historical topic; who needs fiction and fantasy when there's plenty of historical depravity to work with? Can you give us an idea of potential fetishes you will explore in this title?

Overall, it's very promising and looking forward to seeing it grow. If there is a Patreon $1/$2 level option, I'd gladly support this and MilkyTown. $6 at the lowest tier is beyond my means at my current income level.
You can always support them with 1-2 dollars without needing a subscription plan.

TheSexinati

Sep 1, 2017
If you could be kind enough to send us some reference pictures of Roman armor around 1BC, we'll make sure we update the art in the next patch.
I can give you a pretty brief summation of Roman armour of the period. Marian legionaries were primarily equipped with Hamata or 'maile' armour. Most extant finds suggest that they were often densely woven from wrought iron rings and stamped rings that were then assembled by slaves at state-run armouries that were pretty much 'Latifundia' in themselves.

Cavalry would potentially wear Squamata or scaled armour as well as hamata (But don't take this for a fact, there was likely some mixing in the period), made from many interlocking scales that are attached to a fabric backing. Generals however could wear a similar armour which we knowin the modern day as 'Plumata'. Plumata is essentially what happens when instead of attaching scales to a fabric backing, you attach the scales to 'Hamata' or maile armour instead.

I happen to have some images of a very good reproduction of such an armour here in Spoiler.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Military generals might also wear 'Musculata' or a bronze cuirass, often with leather or fabric ptyreges worn on the sides or/and bottom of the cuirass. (Sometimes in a singular row but more often in multiple rows, sometimes with tassels on the ends)

I have access to some other good reproduction images around that I will be searching for, so this post may get edited/updated.

But pretty much the quint-essential Roman armour which everyone images the Romans wearing didn't exist in this period. That arrived later, and probably as a result of labour-shortages or cost of producing and equipping a lot of Roman and Auxiliary forces with maile armour.

4.40 star(s) 7 Votes