• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Abandoned No More Golden Days [Act 1 Fix] [Studio Kuma]

4.40 star(s) 7 Votes

Trasher2018

Engaged Member
Aug 21, 2018
checked out the Gallery yet?
Ok ... looks good, but why isnt that in the game itself?

Edit: Ok and to add something to my comment. I like the content there is, its just not that much ^^ - The first image (the wife and the legionaries) stands to long. maybe add a 2nd image with a medium shot or close up of her and marcus and switch between them. Thats just 1 image more, but the long dialog would feel more dynamic than it is currently.

Studio Kuma

The Broke Dev
Game Developer
Feb 2, 2019
Love the animations!!! If you can put quality like that in the remainder of the story you might have a winner :)
those animations took us quite a while to finish so probably won't do animations for monthly updates....... simply not doable. :ROFLMAO:

dbp5ca

Donor
Mar 13, 2017
One minor nitpick with the voice acting. I believe the proper pronunciation would be NA' poli (emphasis on the first syllable) rather than na POL' li (emphasis on the second syllable). Minor quibble since she has a wonderful voice and it sounds great with the dialogue (Aussie or Kiwi accent?).

XJ347

Sep 19, 2017
Opinions... Note I am just one man, and opinions are not fact. Others will disagree with me.

• Period piece with slavery... You have my attention!
  • Off the bat, there is something that worries me.
    If you are Vanilla Fan, we strongly recommend you do NOT Proceed with the story.
    Options are 1( Alright [quits game] 2) Shut up! Just give it to me! [starts game]

Obviously there are Punctuation errors, but the two options are worded confusingly, where at first glace alright might seem like continue. Also, it is worded very immaturely. Is this written by a 16 year old? If the game was a comedy then this would be fine, but it's about dark issues... Note, this isn't the only time where the language feels inappropriate.
  • Interesting enough, the prose are mostly well done with an advanced vocabulary.
  • The word gangsters shouldn't be used, but the concept is solid. This detachment of troops is unscrupulous following an amoral leader. Slight edits to these things will make the world feel more alive.
  • Still the syntax of some sentences needs work. Feels better than most the work on this site, but it still needs an editor to catch mistakes.
  • Art of this game is amazing. I hope the creator is making these things and can keep the ascetic.
  • I disagree with this interpretation of Rome. Early Romans were not racist, they were bigoted yes but not racist. Roman wasn't a race, but a culture. If a Gual moved into Rome and adopted their culture, he was Roman. Racism as we know it today wasn't created until later. Don't get me wrong, Romans thought Gual's were uncivilized but that is directed at a culture and not a race. If the soldier is in Roman armor and acts like a Roman, then he is a Roman, even if his ethnicity is from France. Note, if you are implying this is a Gual invasion then your image used shows Romans and you need to fix that.
  • They didn't call it Asia Minor in that time period.
  • Romans can't just enslave other Romans... let alone other nobles. This has lost all sense of sanity.
  • The refusal ending has you enslaved in a cheap brothel but shows no pictures of it? Feels cheap.
  • Other options end with a to be continued, there needs to be more content and hard to judge on one sex scene.

This is an interesting proof of concept. While I think this needs some editing, like a TON of editing, the bones of story are good. The art is good. I 100% think the creator should continue this game, editing the fixes to the story and the things I listed above shouldn't be to hard, and then you can get into the good bits.

I don't want to scare away the creator but my rating is 3/5. This concept can be a 5/5, and in reality this can be a 4/5 even without editing it if the future content is good, but as is this irritates my knowledge of history and for me it is a serious enough distraction to make it an average game at 3/5.

Drafox

Jul 27, 2017
This game is beautifully depraved, couldn't resist the artwork and the world setting even though I don't usually try erotic works centered around a female point of view..And now I'm hooked.

Reactions: tonicase24

cleanfeel

Jun 16, 2017
Scene is really well done. However, you should focus a bit more on character building before jumping into the good stuff. For example, who is the wife? How DOES she treat her slave usually? How was she educated? Is she a kind person? Is she crafty?

What about the guy that's throating her? Who is he? Can you forge some sort of relationship between him and the husband to make this better? Was he always eyeing her before? Is this a crime of passion or meditated? Oral sodomy is considered rape in Rome, btw. You can get killed for this. Severely punished at least.

You need a bit more exposition to give the scene that OOMF when you do it. Great art overall. Story telling and build up needs more work. And for the love of god, please don't add 5 girls in your game like every shitty western ntr / blackmail dev. All you need is one or two. The storytelling binds everything together. The choices and personalities give it that touch of quality.

I'm not sure how you're planning to do your choices, but I really like devs that do dominant vs submissive. And based on actions, you unlock points. With some options and dialog only available given certain points on dom or sub. Adds a nice touch of choice without needing to do separate scenes (only different dialog).

I'm OK with choices that lead to Game Over. I know some people don't like it, but maybe if they were done with a few more layers, such as a combination of SEVERAL choices leads to Game Over rather than one.

Anyway, rooting for you. I love darker games. Here are some links for writing good characters.

There's also this trick:
1. Looks - The dazzling woman, with her blonde locks, lightly powdered face, looks up at the erect penis with her clear blue eyes.
2. Actions - She steps back, repulsed and shocked by the length and girth of the man's penis.
3. Effect on Others - The legionaries stare at her glistening neck line, tracing the shape of her supple breasts, imagining what wonders lies beneath the white toga.
4. Thoughts - You do this already
5. Speech - You do this already

Last edited:

Vordt

Jul 27, 2018
Good art.
Nice start to the game.
Plus the painting of the sculpture is...

MOOD

Seriously though, good work with the facial expression on the sculpture.

Reactions: Studio Kuma
4.40 star(s) 7 Votes