Fan Art No More Secrets [RoyalCandy]: Fan Art and Assets

JiiEf

Aug 1, 2019
So here is my second attempt at Mahabbah, there are two in this render because I was trying to see if it was reasonable to substitute a Genesis 8 Pepper for the Genesis 3 Pepper. NMS uses Genesis 3 characters.

View attachment 387632
G8 - left, G3 - right. Settings for Pepper all at default, brown eyes, black Riley hair, X-Fashion Hijabs (different versions), Body Chains, red lipstick. Riley hair altered to be as compact against her head as possible.

Still a few things to work out and I don't know if I want to convert clothing and poses from G3 to G8 just yet.
You are aware of this free tool, yes?

Reactions: Freezer14

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
You are aware of this free tool, yes?
No I wasn't, seems like it might be something I would be able to use in the future. Right now my issue is I need a converter that goes the other direction from G8 to G3.

JiiEf

Aug 1, 2019
No I wasn't, seems like it might be something I would be able to use in the future. Right now my issue is I need a converter that goes the other direction from G8 to G3.
Right, that one I’m looking for, as well.

Coriolan

Nov 20, 2017
This one does both.

I've been using it for a while now, and it does the job well.

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
I have seen the one from DiscoBob/Zer0 but I guess I never read the description thinking it only went from G3 to G8. If it does a good job going backwards also, that may be the solution I was looking for.

One thing I am still having issues with is that most of the poses are for Adult figures, once you run them through the 'Growing Up' age presets all the poses and body positions need to be tweaked for the smaller character body sizes. How do you guys handle that?

JiiEf

Aug 1, 2019
I have seen the one from DiscoBob/Zer0 but I guess I never read the description thinking it only went from G3 to G8. If it does a good job going backwards also, that may be the solution I was looking for.

One thing I am still having issues with is that most of the poses are for Adult figures, once you run them through the 'Growing Up' age presets all the poses and body positions need to be tweaked for the smaller character body sizes. How do you guys handle that?
By only doing adults. Even then its painful when you have extremely curvy ones.

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
JiiEf, yeah I had the same issues with Aunt Melinda from FotM, no poses worked without a lot of work because of her breast and hip size. Maybe that's why I moved on to NMS. Just finished up a Suzie render, will post after I run through LR.

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Suzie first attempt.

Suzie_001.jpg

She is just a small woman, lots of tweaks to the pose and it was a G3 pose to start with. Dome was from HDRI Haven (neuer_zollhof_16k). Set was DM's White Spring Collection 2. White balance, sharpening and resizing all done in Lightroom.

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
JiiEf I just converted a bunch of G8 Guitar poses with prop, can't test them yet because some poses take a long time to convert, probably need a couple of hours to finish up this batch of pose conversions. I will let you know.

Here are my conclusions so far, converting from G8 to G3 appears to work great for the actual character, but no so much for props, it still puts them in the same physical space as if you didn't convert the pose at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: JiiEf

JiiEf

Aug 1, 2019
JiiEf I just converted a bunch of G8 Guitar poses with prop, can't test them yet because some poses take a long time to convert, probably need a couple of hours to finish up this batch of pose conversions. I will let you know.

Here are my conclusions so far, converting from G8 to G3 appears to work great for the actual character, but no so much for props, it still puts them in the same physical space as if you didn't convert the pose at all.
That’s strange, because shouldn’t the prop actually stay in the same place in the xyz dimensions...

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
I need to actually test with a G8 and compare it. The prop is usually parented to the left hand, but when used 'as is' on a G3 model the prop appears behind the character and, of course, the character pose is incorrectly positioned. After conversion the character is correct but the prop is still in the same spot. I need to test with more poses to be sure.

The prop itself could always be moved back into the correct location with the Parameters tab, but it it tedious and should be wholly unnecessary, if the conversion works correctly.

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
JiiEf I finally finished converting a bunch of poses and I am going to start testing. As a pose converter the scripts work really well, one thing that is a bit different, Daz changed the zero morph pose from G3 to G8, I am not sure if that affects the poses, but I suppose I will find out. In the meantime, I am also trying to figure out what the heck is wrong with my version of Brian (MC) I can't get him to look anything like the ingame version.

Also, a side question for you and Coriolan:
  1. When modeling male genitalia which add-on do you prefer?
  2. For females I go between Golden Palace (preferred) and NGV7, are those what you guys use?

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Here is my test, I used . The three models from left to right are base Genesis 8 Female, Genesis 3 Female and Genesis 3 Female. The poses are all Genesis 8 variants. From left to right the poses are unmodified on G8, converted on G3, and unmodified on G3. You can see that while it does move the prop into a different position it appears to be rotated away from the character. The character appears to be correctly converted.
Pose_samples.png
Pose_samples_2.png

Coriolan

Nov 20, 2017
JiiEfAlso, a side question for you and Coriolan:
  2. For females I go between Golden Palace (preferred) and NGV7, are those what you guys use?
1 - For male genitalia, i use Dicktator, XY or Genitalia base
2 - For female...Golden Palace, NGV7 or 8...

JiiEf

Aug 1, 2019
JiiEf I finally finished converting a bunch of poses and I am going to start testing. As a pose converter the scripts work really well, one thing that is a bit different, Daz changed the zero morph pose from G3 to G8, I am not sure if that affects the poses, but I suppose I will find out. In the meantime, I am also trying to figure out what the heck is wrong with my version of Brian (MC) I can't get him to look anything like the ingame version.

Also, a side question for you and Coriolan:
I’ve been using the default daz ones, since I do just softcore cheesecake girls with a little oral thrown in, haven’t had a need for that level of anatomical correctness.

Have you tried parenting the guitar prop to the hand? Or is that exactly what you did?

Edit: rightmost one looks like my guitar playing.

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Yeah I parented to the right hand carpel 1 I might have a solution, but it isn't pretty. But right now I am doing a render, PC is busy for about 3 hours.

redle

Apr 12, 2017
Yeah I parented to the right hand carpel 1 I might have a solution, but it isn't pretty. But right now I am doing a render, PC is busy for about 3 hours.
I don't have a G8 to G3 pose converter to test any of it myself. But I will ask why you chose to parent the guitar to right hand carpel 1 instead of directly to the left hand as the original pose does.

(also, there's the obvious, but not overly efficient means of simply putting the guitar into the scene in G8's hands to get the orientation and then turning off/deleting that figure from the scene and doing what you want with the guitar from there [or saving the guitar pose all by itself for later use with a g3])

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
You are right, left carpal 4, I wrote that message from memory, and obviously I forgot.

Yeah about adding the G8 then applying the pose then dumping the character, I figured that out right away, just looking for something more permanent.