Ren'Py No Such Luck [v0.3] [CSkin Games]

4.30 star(s) 8 Votes

Ceesko

Engaged Member
Jun 3, 2017
Multiple missing images after mrs carpenter class...and black screen.. Is that the ending of the version?

noping123

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2021
Note:

This game is NOT a sandbox. It has a handful of freeroams inside a mostly linear VN (With paths). There is no "sandbox" gameplay outside of the freeroams, and there never will be. Speaking of tags, just looking at the ones there, it's missing quite a few. Since I'm not in charge of tagging stuff I'm not going to go into it all, but it feels like quite a lot are missing. Oh well.

Multiple missing images after mrs carpenter class...and black screen.. Is that the ending of the version?
No. I didn't upload this game here - I don't know what the build uploaded here has or which version you played, but I've never heard of that happening on any of the official builds. That's about the halfway point or so of the chapter.

Reactions: Saint Blackmoor

micojive

Oct 2, 2017
Idk how to feel about this game. Feels like the idea of storytelling is just, everyone has a fucking secret that the MC doesnt know about and literally everyone besides him are just not trustworthy and thats kind of just boring to me. Every conflict now is just going to be MC finds out that x person was lying or hiding something, decide to forgive them or not and move on.

Not to mention that after playing through either I missed like every sex scene in the game or there were not anything past the opening GF. Honestly after opening the gallery and seeing how much shit I missed even using URM doesnt feel very good.

Just feel very meh after playing through for the first time.

Reactions: -Complex-

as22

Oct 1, 2018
Note:

This game is NOT a sandbox. It has a handful of freeroams inside a mostly linear VN (With paths). There is no "sandbox" gameplay outside of the freeroams, and there never will be. Speaking of tags, just looking at the ones there, it's missing quite a few. Since I'm not in charge of tagging stuff I'm not going to go into it all, but it feels like quite a lot are missing. Oh well.

No. I didn't upload this game here - I don't know what the build uploaded here has or which version you played, but I've never heard of that happening on any of the official builds. That's about the halfway point or so of the chapter.
Why is your user name not called "CSkin Games"?

Shakaxhi

Mar 20, 2020
I'm stuck where I'm at a party in the library and I have to talk to Janice, I talked to her once and it still tell me to talk to her so I can't do anything else. It's the part where Jenn is alone and seem like she doesn't want to talk to anyone.

Thank's to anyone who could have an answer to my problem.

noping123

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2021
I'm stuck where I'm at a party in the library and I have to talk to Janice, I talked to her once and it still tell me to talk to her so I can't do anything else. It's the part where Jenn is alone and seem like she doesn't want to talk to anyone.

Thank's to anyone who could have an answer to my problem.

The correct way to play this is as follows:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

ViperGts151

You don’t like me? Fine. Don’t waste my time then.
Donor
Jan 15, 2018
noping123 since you say your the dev how do i unlock this gallery scene or what is the scene name in the game code so i can unlock it via the 0x52 mod.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Tinez82

Jan 6, 2023
No Such Luck [v0.3] [CSkin Games]
ANDROID:
Workupload
CREDIT GOES TO:

Putting ads on this is not gonna get people to buy it or become a patreon. It's just gonna piss people off to where they won't play it at all. Your pissing people off before they even get a chance to find out if they like the game or not

noping123

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2021
Putting ads on this is not gonna get people to buy it or become a patreon. It's just gonna piss people off to where they won't play it at all. Your pissing people off before they even get a chance to find out if they like the game or not

Just so you understand - This is my game, I'm the dev, and I have no clue who that guy is. He's promoting an android version of this game which I do not make, nor do I support.

That said I'm not actually sure what "ads" you're talking about, but either way.

ViperGts151 - That's for Alice, solo. Since you've already gotten the scene - I'll just spoil this now - there are 3 separate paths in the game. One where you're on Alice's path and not Molly's, one where you're on Molly's and not Alice's, and one where you're on both. The one you're missing is Alice - when you're not on Molly's path as well.

Last edited:

Tinez82

Jan 6, 2023
Just so you understand - This is my game, I'm the dev, and I have no clue who that guy is. He's promoting an android version of this game which I do not make, nor do I support.

That said I'm not actually sure what "ads" you're talking about, but either way.
I know its not you... My comment was aimed at whomever is doing this mod. That's why I replied to his specific post and not just on this thread. I downloaded the game through this Android mod and started to play and ads come up like every few minutes and they want you to pay to get it ad-free. And it just pissed me off. But I apologize for the confusion again this wasn't aimed at you at all. And great game by the way... The beginning of this game had me shook. Wasn't expecting that and had me all sad and shit

noping123

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2021
I know its not you... My comment was aimed at whomever is doing this mod. That's why I replied to his specific post and not just on this thread. I downloaded the game through this Android mod and started to play and ads come up like every few minutes and they want you to pay to get it ad-free. And it just pissed me off. But I apologize for the confusion again this wasn't aimed at you at all.

Wow that uh... that actually sort of pisses me off. I also noticed something in the screenshots on that site I'm that pisses me off even more.

For the record I don't provide an android version (nor will I) because before the game is done it will simply be too big to fit in an APK - even compressed a ton. So anyone who played it on android and enjoyed it, wouldn't be able to finish it anyway without hacking the game to pieces.

What I'm saying is - I highly recommend not trying to play this game on android. If you did enjoy it, you would have to switch platforms eventually to finish it because of the planned size of the entire thing.

Tinez82

Jan 6, 2023
Wow that uh... that actually sort of pisses me off. I also noticed something in the screenshots on that site I'm that pisses me off even more.

For the record I don't provide an android version (nor will I) because before the game is done it will simply be too big to fit in an APK - even compressed a ton. So anyone who played it on android and enjoyed it, wouldn't be able to finish it anyway without hacking the game to pieces.

What I'm saying is - I highly recommend not trying to play this game on android. If you did enjoy it, you would have to switch platforms eventually to finish it because of the planned size of the entire thing.
Yeah I would be pissed too. But I only downloaded cause Android is all I'm working with at the moment. I'll keep playing for as long as I'm able to but thanks for the info. Like I said the start had me shook and that's what grabbed me and as the story progressed I really enjoy playing so far. Keep up the good work

noping123

Game Developer
Jun 24, 2021
I've completed all other mandatory tasks in this free roam, but can't approach Janice to talk to her for the second time. Jen is unavailable in my case.

Please confirm the following:

You had sex with Lauren in Ch2. You agreed to go with Janice to the library. You are NOT on Shana's path. I may have found a bug, if so I'm currently working on a patch - I just want to confirm I found what you're running into.

Assuming that is accurate then this patch fixes the bug - download it, and replace the existing scripts.rpa in the /game folder.

Note: You'll have to load an old save PRIOR to the freeroam for it to take effect. If you didn't create any, check your autosaves (A tab on the load screen) - there should be at least 1 prior to the freeroam.

Also note: The main download links will remain bugged. I don't actually upload my game here, even if I'm willing to provide some level of bugfix support (mostly for game-breaking bugs only) but I'm not going to reupload the entire game here with the fixes -sorry. So you'll have to find this post and manually update if you run into issues.

free_hk : see this post for your issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: StoLat

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
Note:

You can ask mods to make the thread yours and get control of the OP. Other way to change the tags is reporting the OP post under the "other" option and asking for the missing tags.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
I'm going to wait until this comes to steam before I continue playing. The opening of the game was really sad, but it sets up the story really well imo.

Reactions: AnyName'llDo

Semak34

Apr 12, 2023
How can they get away with this? Ads WITHIN the apk of a game that is not even theirs. A new level of scammers...

SlowGoesSlow

Jan 5, 2024
Good update, I enjoyed it. Really looking forward to see how some of the paths shape up, especially with how things ended.

StoLat

Feb 1, 2021
Please confirm the following:

You had sex with Lauren in Ch2. You agreed to go with Janice to the library. You are NOT on Shana's path. I may have found a bug, if so I'm currently working on a patch - I just want to confirm I found what you're running into.

Assuming that is accurate then this patch fixes the bug - download it, and replace the existing scripts.rpa in the /game folder.

Note: You'll have to load an old save PRIOR to the freeroam for it to take effect. If you didn't create any, check your autosaves (A tab on the load screen) - there should be at least 1 prior to the freeroam.

Also note: The main download links will remain bugged. I don't actually upload my game here, even if I'm willing to provide some level of bugfix support (mostly for game-breaking bugs only) but I'm not going to reupload the entire game here with the fixes -sorry. So you'll have to fi
nd this post and manually update if you run into issues.
Thanks!

4.30 star(s) 8 Votes