4.00 star(s) 2 Votes

E N I G M A

Uploader
Dec 14, 2018
this shit's so old that my taste has done a complete 180 since i first played it
kyrieru's a hack still coasting off the success of kurovadis and eroico, frankly i think this thread would make more sense with "Abandoned" instead of "Onhold"
Hack, possibly. Albeit they do make h-games that are actual games in which they single handely done all the coding, art (with one exception) , music, and design. That is not an easy task coming from an indie developer and for them to pull it off on a level that raises that the standard of what a h-game should be. Which is impressive.

The one gripe I have with them is that they lack the sense of direction that moves things along. For they keep juggling through multiple ideas that they dabble on for brief periods before putting it in the backburner. It's just like how Valve, most renown for their Half-Life series went through the same struggle for a decade and a half before finally releasing Half-Life Alyx. did an excellent video covering Valve's endeavors. Unfortunately it is apart of the creative process that has to occur in order to bring out good games that give merit for their existence. Lest the gaming industry become the next Call of Duty, Madden, or whatever yearly game that brings the same thing to the table with minor changes every year. It eventually becomes stale.

Personally I think Kyrieru should've moved on to developing Noaika instead of Lufuclad because the bones were in place for the game to be completed as demonstrated in the demo. The lighting, sprightwork, sound design, music, combat, etc. So many aspects I can give praise to as they stand out from a lot of h-games, thus warranting the game's completion. Sadly the demo is all we got.

I eagerly await for Kyrieru to finish this game with the level of refinement as seen in the demo. If they ever do.

Last edited:

smegmaboyo

Apr 16, 2019
Hack, possibly. Albeit they do make h-games that are actual games. They single handely done all the coding, art (with one exception) , music, and design. That is not an easy task coming from an indie developer and for them to pull it off on a level that raises that the standard of what a h-game should be. Which is impressive.
[...]
Personally I think Kyrieru should've moved on to developing Noaika instead of Lufuclad because the bones were in place for the game to be completed as demonstrated in the demo. The lighting, sprightwork, sound design, music, combat, so many aspects I can give praise as they stand out from a lot of h-games.
I eagerly await for Kyrieru to finish this game with the level of refinement as seen in the demo. If they ever do.
See I would respect that, and I in no way wish to imply that the aforementioned two are bad games, hell even what little we have of Noaika is staggeringly impressive for what it is.
But comparing it to half-life seems a tad silly. Half-life sent shockwaves into vidya that are still felt to this day. I'm not sure you can say the same for Kurovadis, Eroico or the Noaika demo, as great as all three are.

It's just ever so commonplace for a western h-game to be stuck in concept phase to the point where a cynic is thought more as a realist and a hopeful fan is seen as a newbie or naïve.

SonaraFox

Jul 6, 2017
I think my biggest issue with Kyrieru in general is just the fact that his logic is so fucked. When he shifted development to Lufuclad he mentioned that Noaika was pretty much done and just needs animation polish along with music and sound and claimed that hes gonna finish it after getting a stable amount of money by finishing Lufuclad. So he dropped a project he made money off of to put it on the back burner to make another project to make money so he could then later finish this project... to make money...

I love the dude, I really do, hes on the same quality tier as zell when it comes to superb pixel work but by god does he fuck around way too much and get nothing done because he always gets distracted with a new idea or experiments with shit he's not going to use. And now hes stopping Lufuclad because he doesn't want to get burned out on it and coming back to this one to finish it off and then come back to Lufuclad (maybe?) while also having like 5 or 6 other projects or concepts he wants to work on, including a mischief makers style platformer that is apparently also mostly complete but is on the back burner until Noaika is done.

I just wish the dude would focus because I literally don't know what to expect or think of him because you really cannot tell when hes just gonna pause a project for a couple years with the pretense "im gonna make this to sell it so I can fund the previous project" when you could just finish the project and sell it. He just has too many projects going at various completion rates and completes nothing. Nearly 10 years and only 3 projects completed and one of them was a collab. I'd love to see this done but I refuse to get hyped about it until it actually is, Kyrieru is just too unpredictable and unreliable.

Mastodon

Feb 20, 2018
What the gameplay is actually like: Get hit. Return to a previous room, punch out the last enemy to heal half a hit point at a time. Play jump rope with turrets until you get sick. Get impatient. Get sloppy. Get hit. Repeat almost until the next checkpoint, get knocked into spikes right before it due to Simon's-Quest-ass jumping mechanics, restart.
Edit: Almost forgot! The game is actually evil so it lets you move forward immediately after you get the uppercut move. DO NOT fall for it. Backtrack.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gummiel

9inchz

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
suggestion for some futa's
damn
when was the last time a futa MC of this type of games was made?

Reactions: Dark918

Nick501

Aug 6, 2017
Can't select anything on the main menu. Not sure what the problem is.

Escape F4 and Delete all work, just can't start the damn game.

Last edited:

Endrju

Shadows of the Past
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 20, 2017
2d, pixels and fucking. what more u could possible want. crossing fingers

SonaraFox

Jul 6, 2017
What's the point in sharing this if development stopped 6 years ago?
Literally 3rd post into the thread would tell you that hes resuming development of this game after putting Lufuclad on pause because he doesnt want to get burned out developing it and make it a bad experience. Although if you asked me hes putting Lufuclad on pause because it has literally no direction and he probably wants to figure out what hes gonna do with it before continuing to fuck with it for a few more years for no apparent reason.

Dec 9, 2018
I really do not like the dash on double clicking directions. For me there is always this little stop in the movement.
Also needed a few times to figure out, that uppercut is up+v only.

E N I G M A

Uploader
Dec 14, 2018
Can't select anything on the main menu. Not sure what the problem is.

Escape F4 and Delete all work, just can't start the damn game.
  • Use arrow keys to navigate the main menu. X key to confirm selection.
  • If that arrow keys don't work, close any windows that you have opened. The demo isn't configured to be a proper full screen, so whatever key imput you press, it will be reflected in whatever window you have opened alongside the game.
    • Ex. Having a Word document and the game opened at the same time. If the X key is pressed while in-game, then X will be typed onto the document.
  • If you see only a blank white screen, wait for it to load.
  • Make sure your graphics drivers are up to date. Even if they are integrated graphics
  • Restart your computer
  • Alt-tab between windows to see if the white screen loads the game
  • If all else fails, I got nothing to tell ya
at first i trough that kyreiru finally started developing this game

oh how naive cub kitty i am of course he didn't.
With that away, can anyone provide a way to somehow pull out that awesome music ?
. BTW it was already there on the main thread on the "Soundcloud" link.

Last edited:
Reactions: Xenon-San

Xenon-San

Jun 16, 2017
oggabooga bla blah blah
BTW it was already there on the main thread on the "Soundcloud" link.
lmao yeah i didn't realized
here anons
if i broke some rules by uploading this just tell me and i will delet dis file
also, what software he was using to create this ? Sonic Pi ?

E N I G M A

Uploader
Dec 14, 2018
Found some interesting stuff that was ommitted from the demo after editing the save file. Namely extra ammo types (shield, rocket, laser), the ability to fire a giant laser beam , and the ability to attack using a energy blade. Download the save if you're feeling experimental or curious.

*THIS SAVE IS EXPERIEMENTAL AND MAY BREAK SOME FEATURES IN THE GAME. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE A BACKUP OF THE CURRENT "lab_1_5tt" FOLDER*

1. Download and extract the folder. The folder is called "lab_1_5tt" without quotes.
2. Move the folder to C:\Users\InsertUserName\AppData\Local
  • "InsertUsername" is the current user that's logged on.
  • If you do not see the directory listed, click the "View" on the top of file explorer and check the box "Hidden Items" located somwhere on the top middle rightish. You will then be able to see the directory.
3. Paste the folder. If prompted to replace folder, replace them.

Untamed

Mar 8, 2018
>on hold

alright, false alarm. Everybody can go home now. Nothing to see here.

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes