Darthjake

Jun 2, 2017
Armor gives you a second HP layer in battle and it can be broken in a single battle, but then it gets repaired before the next battle. It serves as a buffer for your HP as it gets restored only when you sleep.
Not the answer I wanted to hear, but it sounds like the answer that is needed for the game mechanics.

Thanks!

Reactions: Alvir

someyoungguy

May 10, 2023
I recently came back to this game after not playing for a few updates and I'm pretty sure I found at least one bug, maybe two or three. I've just been playing in story mode so far, so idk if any of this applies to sandbox mode.

First, if Suzumi is ever overworked, she cannot be rested back to a point where she can complete tasks again. I got a message that she was too exhausted to work, so I let her rest for an entire day. That seemed to get her energy back up, but whenever assigning her any job, lesson, or task besides resting would return the same message that she was too exhausted to work. Resting for further days doesn't seem to change this. I tried up to three full days of only resting, and would get the message about her being too exhausted when trying to assign her any other objective.

I essentially just started over, since I couldn't seem to find a way around this issue, which leads to the second issue I might've found. The tutorial implied that letting the house get too dirty would lead to a game over. Initially, I tried to have Suzumi clean every two or three days, but found that when the cleanliness level of the house falls, it is impossible to recover it no matter how much I have Suzumi clean. Days of filling her schedule with cleaning and resting only, to prevent exhaustion up to four cleanings per day, and the house's cleanliness status doesn't improve. I started over again, making sure to have her clean everyday. I assumed having her clean once per day would be sufficient, but it was not. I also wondered if the issue with not being able to recover the cleanliness level of the house might've been related to letting it get too dirty, so when she was only cleaning once per day and the house still dropped to dusty, I tried to recover it back to clean, but it wouldn't raise even after days of Suzumi only cleaning.

I'm assuming that being unable to recover from exhaustion or the house getting dirty is unintentional, but I am also surprised that the house would require being cleaned more than once per day to stay clean. What is the intended number of times per day that the house is to be cleaned in order to prevent it from getting worse? I haven't been able to make it any further this update because it's so distracting that it's taking so much effort to keep the house clean, especially since it doesn't seem like it can get any cleaner once it's cleanliness has fallen at all. When the training situation for Suzumi is set up by Niwair, it's implied she's supposed to eventually be an assistant and protege, and it's discouraged to treat her as a slave or servant, but if you have to make her clean all day just to avoid a game over from the house cleanliness dropping, that kinda makes her seem like a slave or servant.

Alvir

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2022
I recently came back to this game after not playing for a few updates and I'm pretty sure I found at least one bug, maybe two or three. I've just been playing in story mode so far, so idk if any of this applies to sandbox mode.

First, if Suzumi is ever overworked, she cannot be rested back to a point where she can complete tasks again. I got a message that she was too exhausted to work, so I let her rest for an entire day. That seemed to get her energy back up, but whenever assigning her any job, lesson, or task besides resting would return the same message that she was too exhausted to work. Resting for further days doesn't seem to change this. I tried up to three full days of only resting, and would get the message about her being too exhausted when trying to assign her any other objective.

I essentially just started over, since I couldn't seem to find a way around this issue, which leads to the second issue I might've found. The tutorial implied that letting the house get too dirty would lead to a game over. Initially, I tried to have Suzumi clean every two or three days, but found that when the cleanliness level of the house falls, it is impossible to recover it no matter how much I have Suzumi clean. Days of filling her schedule with cleaning and resting only, to prevent exhaustion up to four cleanings per day, and the house's cleanliness status doesn't improve. I started over again, making sure to have her clean everyday. I assumed having her clean once per day would be sufficient, but it was not. I also wondered if the issue with not being able to recover the cleanliness level of the house might've been related to letting it get too dirty, so when she was only cleaning once per day and the house still dropped to dusty, I tried to recover it back to clean, but it wouldn't raise even after days of Suzumi only cleaning.

I'm assuming that being unable to recover from exhaustion or the house getting dirty is unintentional, but I am also surprised that the house would require being cleaned more than once per day to stay clean. What is the intended number of times per day that the house is to be cleaned in order to prevent it from getting worse? I haven't been able to make it any further this update because it's so distracting that it's taking so much effort to keep the house clean, especially since it doesn't seem like it can get any cleaner once it's cleanliness has fallen at all. When the training situation for Suzumi is set up by Niwair, it's implied she's supposed to eventually be an assistant and protege, and it's discouraged to treat her as a slave or servant, but if you have to make her clean all day just to avoid a game over from the house cleanliness dropping, that kinda makes her seem like a slave or servant.
Thank you for playing Noblesse Oblige!

For resting, you need to get her to 100 energy to clear up *tired status effect* (there should be a little icon near the health bar that hints that she is still tired)

For cleaning - there is a service in the household management menu that allows you to pay for cleaning, the most costly option negates any cleanliness decay. Additionally, raising Suzumi's cleaning skill rank makes her much more efficient at cleaning.

Alvir

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2022
When I tried going to the second page of the armor section of the tutorial I got this View attachment 3012574
Yep, thank you for noticing, I've forgotten to implement the second page of this tutorial (probably got distracted with some other feature) I'll implement it in the next update ^_^

That second page introduces the concept of armor HP in battles, where enemies need to first damage your armor, and then hit your hp.

Reactions: coledrmd

draxton

Dec 10, 2019
Slime Forest Exploration event fails initializing combat:
GreenSlime = Monster(...) needs 19 arguments (18 given)
For each slime....

Full traceback:
File "game/script.rpy", line 33, in script call
$ UIreturn = renpy.call_screen("mainUI")
File "game/scripts/core/Scheduler.rpy", line 233, in script call
call check_day from _call_check_day_8
File "game/scripts/Events/Schedule/Exploration.rpy", line 309, in script call
call forest1PickFlowers2 from _call_forest1PickFlowers2
File "game/scripts/Events/Schedule/ExplorationScenarious/forest_pickFlowers.rpy", line 20, in script call
call forest1PickFlowersBattle from _call_forest1PickFlowersBattle
File "game/scripts/Events/Schedule/ExplorationScenarious/forest_pickFlowers.rpy", line 30, in script
$ GreenSlime1 = Monster("GreenSlime", "Green Slime", "active", "Slime", "Shapeshift", 5, 5, 100, 0, 2, "poison", 10, 10, 8, 2, None, None)
File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/scripts/Events/Schedule/ExplorationScenarious/forest_pickFlowers.rpy", line 30, in <module>
$ GreenSlime1 = Monster("GreenSlime", "Green Slime", "active", "Slime", "Shapeshift", 5, 5, 100, 0, 2, "poison", 10, 10, 8, 2, None, None)
TypeError: __init__() takes exactly 19 arguments (18 given)

Alvir

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2022
Slime Forest Exploration event fails initializing combat:
GreenSlime = Monster(...) needs 19 arguments (18 given)
For each slime....

Full traceback:
File "game/scripts/core/Scheduler.rpy", line 233, in script call
call check_day from _call_check_day_8
File "game/scripts/Events/Schedule/Exploration.rpy", line 309, in script call
call forest1PickFlowers2 from _call_forest1PickFlowers2
File "game/scripts/Events/Schedule/ExplorationScenarious/forest_pickFlowers.rpy", line 20, in script call
call forest1PickFlowersBattle from _call_forest1PickFlowersBattle
File "game/scripts/Events/Schedule/ExplorationScenarious/forest_pickFlowers.rpy", line 30, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 928, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2245, in py_exec_bytecode
exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/scripts/Events/Schedule/ExplorationScenarious/forest_pickFlowers.rpy", line 30, in <module>
TypeError: __init__() takes exactly 19 arguments (18 given)
Yep, I've recently noticed just that, working on a hotfix, and will post it tomorrow ^_^
Thank you for reporting this bug ^_^

Ghost''

Mar 17, 2021
Noblesse Oblige [v0.2.7a] Unofficial Android Port

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

- 212mb

My Android Ports have a 2nd Persistent save location. So, even if you uninstall the game, the saves will remain Intact.

Saves location: Storage/0011/Game-name

You can also join my discord server for more and support me.

You can also join 0011 discord server

If you like my works please support me.

Android Port Updated..

chumxgxd

Dec 28, 2021
While running game code:
File "game/scripts/core/Scheduler.rpy", line 55, in script call
call check_day from _call_check_day
File "game/scripts/Events/Schedule/Exploration.rpy", line 191, in script
if firstTimeMirkwood == True:
File "game/scripts/Events/Schedule/Exploration.rpy", line 199, in <module>
elif ActiveHeroine.love >= 70 and KnowSuzuDream != True and ActiveHeroine.name == suzumi:
NameError: name 'suzumi' is not defined
when go forest

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/scripts/core/Scheduler.rpy", line 55, in script call
call check_day from _call_check_day
File "game/scripts/Events/Schedule/Exploration.rpy", line 191, in script
if firstTimeMirkwood == True:
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1898, in execute
if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
File "renpy/python.py", line 2276, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File "renpy/python.py", line 2269, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
File "game/scripts/Events/Schedule/Exploration.rpy", line 199, in <module>
elif ActiveHeroine.love >= 70 and KnowSuzuDream != True and ActiveHeroine.name == suzumi:
NameError: name 'suzumi' is not defined

Windows-10-10.0.19041
Ren'Py 7.4.10.2178
Noblesse Oblige 0.2.7a
Thu Oct 19 23:26:34 2023

AH-64E

Nov 2, 2017
For resting, you need to get her to 100 energy to clear up *tired status effect* (there should be a little icon near the health bar that hints that she is still tired)
It tends to stick around for a while, the times I've seen it. As in, she has 100 energy and seven "Rest" cycles later, she still does. The second time I got it, she was at 100 energy and had the exhausted tag for 2-3 days (rest cycles only, since can't do anything with 100 Energy and "exhausted", anyway). Whenever exhaustion is coded to go away is broken in some way.

Alvir

Game Developer
Sep 18, 2022
It tends to stick around for a while, the times I've seen it. As in, she has 100 energy and seven "Rest" cycles later, she still does. The second time I got it, she was at 100 energy and had the exhausted tag for 2-3 days (rest cycles only, since can't do anything with 100 Energy and "exhausted", anyway). Whenever exhaustion is coded to go away is broken in some way.
I'll check it out to make it disappear more easily.

Reactions: AH-64E
4.10 star(s) 8 Votes