• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
I agree with @Rinbael . She is irredeemable. She doesn't need a psychologist, she needs a psychiatry.

The rest was good. No problem. But Kim was simply too much.
It is my opinion. Take it as such.
Yeah if she wasn't a hot female model and instead was a fat ugly bastard that whole scene would read like the usual NTR and blackmail story line you find in most Doujins or adult Vns with a female main character. I just hope there is an option to get her the fuck out of the story at some point depending on choices and she isn't going to constantly appear to fuck everything up for the whole game.

Frosty2000

Nov 16, 2017
Hmmm... Frosty2000 .
She was not only one dimensional. She was so much over the top Mafia Boss. That, I waited for the famous sentence: "I make you an offer you can't refuse."
She has 5 Minutes of screen time. In this 5 minutes:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I never saw people in my life which are near to that stupid evil.

Hmm, but she cares about her boyfriend. Just in her special way. ;) Anyway, no problem with you disliking her. She clearly is the least friendly character, but again I think that contrast to the others makes it interesting.
I am also not taking everything totally seriously what she said. I saw it mainly as a tactic to intimidate our MC. I think in the end it will depend on how we act towards her, how "bad" it will really get with her. So non submissive players, probably don't have too much to fear from her... They might even "redeem" her somewhat? We will see... Anyway I see no bigger issues for MrSilverlust to write interesting paths for her. With the path split it should also help to reduce the amount of people being too triggered by her. ;)

Reactions: LAKueiJin

MrSilverLust

MSL Games
Game Developer
May 22, 2021
So, about Kim:

Perhaps that scene could have been better written/handled. It needed to achieve many things: tie up some loose ends from the previous chapters and set up her several paths. While doing all of that I was a bit afraid of going over the top. Some people are saying that they like her, some that they love to hate her, others just that they don’t like her at all. It’s definitely polarizing. It definitely could have been better.

I’ll just say she isn’t meant to be an “antagonist” or “villain”. Like any other girl, she’s written to facilitate some kinks. Which in her case is that she’s kind of a psychological/physical sadist.

For femdom players, she is meant to be the woman more interested in the less “wholesome” kinks like humiliation or pain.

For mandom players with no morals that like to be the asshole, they might be interested in her for the kink of fucking their friend’s girlfriend behind his back.

For the honorable guys, they will be able to at least help Pete get out of that toxic relationship. I’m not sure if there will be sexual scenes in this path. I think there is potential for some scene where the mc makes her taste her own venom and “puts her in her place”. That could feel cathartic to some players that “love to hate her”. Maybe that will happen if I can find a way that doesn’t feel forced or out of character (for MC or Kim), but, it’s too far in the future for me to know if I can pull that off. It’s just something on my mind.

But, for anyone else that just hates her and isn’t interested in any of these kinks, they can just reject her and she won’t be a major part in the plot. And the kinks mentioned above will also be ignored. I just needed an “evil” character to facilitate those kinks.

In a sense, I don’t mind that some players hate her if they aren’t into fucking their friend’s girlfriend (her maledom path) or into being submissive towards a sadist who wants to humiliate them (her femdom path). Because she wasn’t written to attract these players. There already exist other girls that have the kind of personality that’s attractive to them.

I’ll mind if players that are into these kind of kinks also don’t like her. Because then, it means I did something wrong.

Last edited:

Call of Booty

Mar 21, 2020
Hmm, but she cares about her boyfriend. Just in her special way. ;) Anyway, no problem with you disliking her. She clearly is the least friendly character, but again I think that contrast to the others makes it interesting.
I am also not taking everything totally seriously what she said. I saw it mainly as a tactic to intimidate our MC. I think in the end it will depend on how we act towards her, how "bad" it will really get with her. So non submissive players, probably don't have too much to fear from her... They might even "redeem" her somewhat? We will see... Anyway I see no bigger issues for MrSilverlust to write interesting paths for her. With the path split it should also help to reduce the amount of people being too triggered by her. ;)
Off the topic,but doesn't Jen's SIG look like she has two breast pumps attached to her titties:unsure: or is just me,lol

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
Nothing Is Forever [v0.3.1] [MrSilverLust] crunched

Original / Compressed Size PC*: 844 MB / 376 MB - Nothing_is_Forever-0.3.1-pc-crunched.zip
Original / Compressed Size Mac: 811 MB / 341 MB - Nothing_is_Forever-0.3.1-mac-crunched.zip

Download (PC*/Mac): - -

(y)L O A D 'n' L I K E - If you L O A D it then L I K E it!(y) If not, like it anyway!(y) Thanks!;)

This compression is unofficial and untested, use at your own risk.
Compressing process reduces quality and can break the game.

*PC = Win+Linux

Tools:
UnRen v.0.11-old(v2) (VepsrP/Sam@f95zone) - YAC v3.3 (hngg@f95zone) - -

Last edited:

Rinbael

Sep 7, 2018
For the honorable guys, they will be able to at least help Pete get out of that toxic relationship. I’m not sure if there will be a sexual scenes in this path. I think there is potential for some scene where the mc makes her taste her own venom and “puts her in her place”. That could feel cathartic to some players that “love to hate her”. Maybe that will happen if I can find a way that doesn’t feel forced or out of character (for MC or Kim), but, it’s too far in the future for me to know if I can pull that off. It’s just something on my mind.

But, for anyone else that just hates her and isn’t interested in any of these kinks, they can just reject her and she won’t be a major part in the plot. Or those kinks mentioned above will also be ignored. I just needed an “evil” character to facilitate those kinks.
That makes me feel a bit better now that you have cleared that up. I was worried that she was going to be a constant antagonist popping up to fuck over the MC. As long as she stays away if you are on the path where you told her to fuck off and you can convince Pete to drop the bitch I will be happy.

Mister_M

Engaged Member
Apr 2, 2018
I don’t mind that some players hate her if they aren’t into fucking their friend’s girlfriend (her maledom path) or into being submissive towards a sadist who wants to humiliate them (her femdom path)
Well, as I said before even on femdom path for me the main problem is that I have to lie to Pete, being submissive towards a sadist is def not a problem for me (though obviously Deb is the best). But I'm very curious how she'll turn out to be on both femdom and honorable (help Pete) routes.

Her being so different compared to the other women, is imho also not a bad thing. Everyone else seems to be potentially set up to be good friends. Could be quite interesting to see what kind of trouble she will create with the others. ;)
I started my Kim's sub playthrough today (on my main one I rejected her offer) and I have to admit I'm curious if there's gonna be some interactions between her and Deb when playing as a sub MC, maybe at some point they clash? Could be interesting to see.

DeedleConcord

Oct 3, 2021
Great update.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Seriously though, I was on the full professional path and that scene was great. You know you're playing a VN with good writing when you're excited about the scenes with no lewd content. Well, unless you count the suggestive posing. Which was very well done.
In fact, the writing in general continues to be excellent. The characters are interesting and distinct. Your dialogue is efficient yet natural. And I'm really impressed with how you write the different personality choices. They accurately reflect that trait while rarely being over the top, i.e. you can be "manly" without being a total asshole, or honest without being a rube or perfect. Furthermore, you can chain different choices together in a single conversation and MC still sounds like a coherent human being, rather than 4 different personalities talking at random. Really impressive.

Also impressive is the amount of variant dialogue you put in the game. Everyone in the thread is acting like we all got the same scene with Kim, but looking through the script, I wonder how true that is. I can only imagine what the flowchart/outline for this game looks like.

Character reports:
Jen: Really, really, really making me regret being professional this playthrough. Guess that's what multiple plays are for.

Lea: Super cute. Really liked her content.

Deb: She's attractive and a good person. Too bad I'm not into what she's into. That said, still enjoyed the non lewd time with her, because your writing is that good.

Bri: Not a fan, so I wasn't to bothered by the lack of content. But I definitely can understand the frustration of those who do like her.

Kim: On the one hand, yeah, maybe a little over the top. On the other hand, the game needs a character outside the MC's head that can create some conflict. And yes, I read what you said about her not being a villain. Still, everyone else gets along almost too well. I appreciate not having forced melodrama to pad out a game, but it's also good see characters when they aren't at their best occasionally.

Olivia: Barely here, looking forward to seeing more in the future.

Emma: I can see why some people found her scene shallow and short. That said, the end of the scene was great. The mix of visuals, dialogue, and especially the music really gave me the sense of sexual tension you were going for.

I do think I found a bug. Kim accused me of breaking my promise to not tell Pete about what I saw. I never made any such promise. I think the issue is that the script is checking "if not true("ch2_gym_time_trust"):" when it should be checking "if true("ch2_gym_time_trust"):"

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020

Original / Compressed Size PC*: 844 MB / 376 MB - Nothing_is_Forever-0.3.1-pc-crunched.zip
Original / Compressed Size Mac: 811 MB / 341 MB - Nothing_is_Forever-0.3.1-mac-crunched.zip

Download (PC*/Mac): Workupload - Pixeldrain -

(y)L O A D 'n' L I K E - If you L O A D it then L I K E it!(y) If not, like it anyway!(y) Thanks!;)

*PC = Win+Linux

Tools:
Many Many Many thanks for your consistent support for those of us who rely on compressed games. Truly appreciated!

• Red Heart
Reactions: drisarter and "CJ"

johanathan

Sep 28, 2021

Download (PC*/Mac): Workupload - Pixeldrain -

*PC = Win+Linux

Tools:
(y)(y)(y)(y)

• Red Heart
Reactions: "CJ"

tsuke

May 13, 2019
how do you use pesonality points again? in a previous version there was like a skill screen cant remember how to get to it now

MrSilverLust

MSL Games
Game Developer
May 22, 2021
Many Many Many thanks for your consistent support for those of us who rely on compressed games. Truly appreciated!
I just want to mention that the game I upload is already compressed. The original png files are bigger than 4GBs. I compress them to 90% webp (800 MBs). I can detect some loss of quality but I find that compromise acceptable.

I don't know how that compression of my already compressed files looks like, but I suppose it's not very good.

how do you use pesonality points again? in a previous version there was like a skill screen cant remember how to get to it now
Top left corner, on the skills menu (next to the phone).

Thanks for everyone for the feedback so far. It's already quite late where I am, so I'll answer your comments/questions/bug reports tomorrow.

Reactions: ¸¸ KA2¸¸
Jul 20, 2020
So, about Kim:

Perhaps that scene could have been better written/handled. It needed to achieve many things: tie up some loose ends from the previous chapters and set up her several paths. While doing all of that I was a bit afraid of going over the top. Some people are saying that they like her, some that they love to hate her, others just that they don’t like her at all. It’s definitely polarizing. It definitely could have been better.

I’ll just say she isn’t meant to be an “antagonist” or “villain”. Like any other girl, she’s written to facilitate some kinks. Which in her case is that she’s kind of a psychological/physical sadist.

For femdom players, she is meant to be the woman more interested in the less “wholesome” kinks like humiliation or pain.

For mandom players with no morals that like to be the asshole, they might be interested in her for the kink of fucking their friend’s girlfriend behind his back.

For the honorable guys, they will be able to at least help Pete get out of that toxic relationship. I’m not sure if there will be sexual scenes in this path. I think there is potential for some scene where the mc makes her taste her own venom and “puts her in her place”. That could feel cathartic to some players that “love to hate her”. Maybe that will happen if I can find a way that doesn’t feel forced or out of character (for MC or Kim), but, it’s too far in the future for me to know if I can pull that off. It’s just something on my mind.

But, for anyone else that just hates her and isn’t interested in any of these kinks, they can just reject her and she won’t be a major part in the plot. And the kinks mentioned above will also be ignored. I just needed an “evil” character to facilitate those kinks.

In a sense, I don’t mind that some players hate her if they aren’t into fucking their friend’s girlfriend (her maledom path) or into being submissive towards a sadist who wants to humiliate them (her femdom path). Because she wasn’t written to attract these players. There already exist other girls that have the kind of personality that’s attractive to them.

I’ll mind if players that are into these kind of kinks also don’t like her. Because then, it means I did something wrong.

This puts my mind at ease, playing this one from the beginning and got to her story and was instantly concerned it would end up with negative twists in the character stories etc. Thanks for the great VN so far and being open with the people here with intentions and designs. :)

UncleFredo

Aug 29, 2020
I just want to mention that the game I upload is already compressed. The original png files are bigger than 4GBs. I compress them to 90% webp (800 MBs). I can detect some loss of quality but I find that compromise acceptable.

I don't know how that compression of my already compressed files looks like, but I suppose it's not very good.

Top left corner, on the skills menu (next to the phone).

Thanks for everyone for the feedback so far. It's already quite late where I am, so I'll answer your comments/questions/bug reports tomorrow.
I've been in the industry for decades, but have no exposure to any of the encoding/compression alternatives available for images, or video. So I was unaware of the compression steps you've taken by default. - Since Nopy died, I've become all about minimizing download sizes.
I play on a 15" laptop, and my eyes are far from young, so I doubt I'd notice the difference. ;)
I often wonder what your game, and others, would look like on a curved 65" screen. lol

elmicho

Feb 13, 2020
i like the skill tree, looks complicated, hope there are hints somewhere to explain how each skill affect the characters and game play

best of luck dev!

4.60 star(s) 157 Votes