Don Sucio

Jan 17, 2021
To clearify, my view is that of a pure maledom/alpha player.
This game has been heavily skewed towards femdom/beta players from the start, as so many of us has touched on here before regarding the writing, lack of insight into dom mindsets etc. So it's not surprising we got basically nothing for the entire ch 7. I assume there is a bunch for the opposing team so for them it might be a brilliant update, I wouldn't know.
Good to know, i´m an enjoyer of both so i think i could look at it with more neutrality maybe :unsure:

But i didn´t see in the last updates a crearly favoritism from the dev for femdom stuff, but tbh i think femdom have more content in the reality than maledom, i think the femdom world is bigger in things that can happen.

balvenie1401

Dec 29, 2017
Dunno, isn't there enough content for everyone?
Emma has a dom path in which you degrade her.
Jen wants you to be a dom.
Kim is your partner in crime and likes it if you ake charge and fuck her.
Leah is a bit neutral, but it can also line up with a dominant male fucking and teaching her.
Olivia and Bri are neutral. You don't need to be a sub to fuck them.
Deb is the sole case in which the dom path sucks. I consider her to be the best option for the sub path, anyway, so the dom path is just a bonus, if not overly good.
You likely get Paige later on and dom her, but that may not be most cup of tea.

Didn't include chapter 7, but it seems fairly even (aside from Deb):

View attachment 3664492
I assume you've missed most of the discussion around this topic then. The statement about it being skewed is that the "dom MC" is for the most part written from the perspective of a sub/beta, he comes of as insecure, passive. As if he tries to play the role of what he has read a dom is, without embracing any of the ideals, beliefs. So even the supposed "dom routes" leaves you with this slighly sickening, subby feeling. The actual scenes with Emma are quite good, but lose alot due to the MCs whimpy attitude and selfdoubting inner monologue. Not gonna touch on the Jen content since that is an absolute shit show.
So to some extent the dom routes very much feel like they've been written for a sub player, at the very least by a sub player.

• Haha
Reactions: lnppo and Gicoo

MagicMan753

Nov 19, 2021
I think my biggest critique of this game so far is the Olivia path. It is too slow, only two chapters and some epilogues left and we haven't gotten a proper scene with her, I am not counting the 4some. At this point it is just such a let down for arguably my third, maybe 4th favorite character in this game. Even Bri,s route started late, and she is getting a decent amount of scenes now. It is just a let down, I wish the dev treated Olivia better.

Gicoo

Feb 18, 2018
I assume you've missed most of the discussion around this topic then. The statement about it being skewed is that the "dom MC" is for the most part written from the perspective of a sub/beta, he comes of as insecure, passive. As if he tries to play the role of what he has read a dom is, without embracing any of the ideals, beliefs. So even the supposed "dom routes" leaves you with this slighly sickening, subby feeling. The actual scenes with Emma are quite good, but lose alot due to the MCs whimpy attitude and selfdoubting inner monologue. Not gonna touch on the Jen content since that is an absolute shit show.
So to some extent the dom routes very much feel like they've been written for a sub player, at the very least by a sub player.
Fair enough. MC is consistently a pretty whimpy, people pleaser and hardly a veteran chad standing his ground. Good example is the start of this update with the MC hanging around at a girl night and just accommodating everything they say.

Is his dating argument that a small number of males hord most females valid or just some incel whining?

Best is dom Kim path in which he is an asshole to everyone, but he keeps that secret, so his self-interest and playing everyone isn't conveyed when he is still people pleasing his friends.

Reactions: balvenie1401

as22

Oct 1, 2018
The reason this update was bad, is because it was a fucking mess with endless typos.

It honestly makes me think the dev isn't a native English speaker with how bad this shit was to read. The entire emma sub scene had so many fucking typos and basic grammatical sentence errors that it would have been impossible that a native English speaker would let this go.

Also he's been dragging way too long on this entire game. Updates are constantly late. The dev just feels done with it by this point. Which is sad. The release schedule between 2022 and 2023 was so sparse that it really hurt the development. I think we waited like 8 months for a single update.

I'm probably going to cancel my patreon at this point.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
The problem is avns are notoriously bad at depicting actual confident behavior - usually they're either this, where it's too much introspection, or over-the-top defensiveness and insecurity with mate guarding or other affronts.

The only games I've seen capture a true alpha attitude are those party-style games where mc just doesn't give a fuck, stuff like Solvalley school; like the whole thing is a big joke to him.

Thus I cut this dev some slack, at least he tries to put in multiple lengthy paths.

Reactions: Estius and Demnor

balvenie1401

Dec 29, 2017
The only games I've seen capture a true alpha attitude are those party-style games where mc just doesn't give a fuck, stuff like Solvalley school; like the whole thing is a big joke to him.
Thx for the tip. Unfortunately it's a HS game so I never bothered to try it, while writing/story is key it atleast has to look somewhat decent for me to play :/

• Hey there
Reactions: Pr0GamerJohnny

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
Thx for the tip. Unfortunately it's a HS game so I never bothered to try it, while writing/story is key it atleast has to look somewhat decent for me to play :/
Unless you just hate that art style yeah HS games are hit or miss when it comes to looks ive seen some that look better than this game graphically at least to me.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
The reason this update was bad, is because it was a fucking mess with endless typos.

It honestly makes me think the dev isn't a native English speaker with how bad this shit was to read. The entire emma sub scene had so many fucking typos and basic grammatical sentence errors that it would have been impossible that a native English speaker would let this go.
Hi. I've been doing the proofreading and editor role for this game since just after ch1 was released.

Ch7 pt 2 has been the most troubled release so far, and it is my understanding that this was largely due to unavoidable real-life issues encountered by the Dev. In amongst the chaos, unfortunately there was not an opportunity for me to do a proofread pass of any of the added/changed contents.

I would suggest that dissatisfaction with the quality of this release is more related to the extremely high expectations that the preceding 6 chapters has established - in 95+% of other games, this level of product would be considered exceptional. It in is the nature of being one of the best that any deviation from the previous heights is painfully obvious in comparison. A return to the mean is in some ways inevitable.

For my part, I encourage and support the Dev to keep at it and bring this amazing complex story to a satisfying conclusion.

Regarding plans to improve the text issues in the Ch7pt2 release: I have now received both the release version archive and the source code files, so I have been able to start the review process. Once I complete my part (which takes 1-4 weeks depending on the size of the chapter) typically there will be a patch version released with the edited scripts.

The Dev is definitely not a native speaker and is certainly aware of the difficulty in writing grammatically correct vernacular English, and this is why he has invited me to be involved in the process. I remain extremely impressed by the effort and quality of the creative content that he has given us all, and especially by the sheer volume of effort that has gone into this project. As I like to repeatedly point out, the total word count of this game is now around 2/3rds of the total words count of the Lord of the Rings novel trilogy.

----

Unrelated to the above:
The unreasonable repeated negativity from a recent frequent poster in this thread has earned that person a place on my ignore list. How pleasant for me to no longer have to endure another entitled, whiny, serial complainer clogging my feeds.
I recommend that everyone should make use of the Ignore functionality of this forum, it improves the experience greatly.

Last edited:

Turret

Engaged Member
Jun 23, 2017
Unrelated to the above:
The unreasonable repeated negativity from a recent frequent poster in this thread has earned that person a place on my ignore list. How pleasant for me to no longer have to endure another entitled, whiny, serial complainer clogging my feeds.
I recommend that everyone should make use of the Ignore functionality of this forum, it improves the experience greatly.
I have to agree on the "ignore" function, but it depends on the threads in question if it is needed. Among my watched threads there are some where I never had to use it, on some I used it repeatedly. I have around 6 pages of watched threads and all the people of my ignore list come from 3 threads of these, I think that says much.

JSimon8668

Oct 1, 2023
Hi. I've been doing the proofreading and editor role for this game since just after ch1 was released.

Ch7 pt 2 has been the most troubled release so far, and it is my understanding that this was largely due to unavoidable real-life issues encountered by the Dev. In amongst the chaos, unfortunately there was not an opportunity for me to do a proofread pass of any of the added/changed contents.

I would suggest that dissatisfaction with the quality of this release is more related to the extremely high expectations that the preceding 6 chapters has established - in 95+% of other games, this level of product would be considered exceptional. It in is the nature of being one of the best that any deviation from the previous heights is painfully obvious in comparison. A return to the mean is in some ways inevitable.

For my part, I encourage and support the Dev to keep at it and bring this amazing complex story to a satisfying conclusion.

Regarding plans to improve the text issues in the Ch7pt2 release: I have now received both the release version archive and the source code files, so I have been able to start the review process. Once I complete my part (which takes 1-4 weeks depending on the size of the chapter) typically there will be a patch version released with the edited scripts.

The Dev is definitely not a native speaker and is certainly aware of the difficulty in writing grammatically correct vernacular English, and this is why he has invited me to be involved in the process. I remain extremely impressed by the effort and quality of the creative content that he has given us all, and especially by the sheer volume of effort that has gone into this project. As I like to repeatedly point out, the total word count of this game is now around 2/3rds of the total words count of the Lord of the Rings novel trilogy.

----

Unrelated to the above:
For what it is worth, the spelling and grammar errors were actually pretty minor. As someone who manages to use context to understand any mistakes I think the complaints about that kind of thing are a bit overblown. Especially since the dev was upfront that this is not a proofread version. For those that cannot stand minor spelling mistakes, have you considered waiting. I would much rather get the content a little earlier and deal with that.

I think most of the frustration for this release is based on the small amount of content and the growing unease that the planned game is coming to a close. I can understand those concerns. It is a bit grating that those concerns are always phrased so negatively. This is consistently one of the best games on the site IMO, and the strong feelings towards it from the community should be a good indicator that people CARE about this game. I hope the dev understands that is an impressive feat on it's own. And I hope the people in this forum can learn to process their uneasy feelings in a mature way and express themselves in a way that isn't "The dev needs to do a better job of exactly what I want, or I will stop pirating his game for free" as opposed to "This is a really good game which has caused me to become invested in it, I am really enjoying most of it but I have a concern about X". I won't hold my breath. The dev has a plan, and so far he has not let us down on the overall story - until he does I won't sweat the end too much. Sure I occasionally get burned by errant dragonfire with this attitude, but it beats worrying for years.

As far as the concerns about no true Dom path, I can't really speak to that - since it is not my particular kink. I would just say that it is inevitable that the MC will have a personality - there is no way a dev could leave that 100% to the player as it would mean infinite branches. This MC is a pretty reasonable person with a focus on kindness and empathy. If your version of a Dom does not have those traits, then maybe it isn't for you. If I am being honest, I would prefer a sub who was a little less willing at times - but the variety of kinks and the inclusion of a reasonably realistically written MC is more important than having these little things exactly how I would want them if the dev was building this for me - as so many people seem to think he is.

MrSilverLust

MSL Games
Game Developer
May 22, 2021
So much negativity here... and while some is fait, most isn't, but okay. At least the trolls came out to play, which is always funny.

I was curious about the release dates so I looked through the Patreon. There aren't too many posts and the titles are easy to follow.

Chapter 1: Not sure about the exact date, but it was prior to July 4 2021. A lot of communication, daily or near daily posts, sometimes multiple posts a day.

Chapter 2: October 12 2021 so about 3 months or so. Again great communication.

Chapter 3: Jan 28, 2022 about 3.5 months. Still great communication and interaction.

-update patch: April 1 2022 about 2 months, various fixes, proofreading, mechanics etc.

Chapter 4: June 30 2022 about a 6 month cycle, and roughly 3 months after the update. There was constant communication, deadlines and previews provided and followed up on.

Chapter 5: October 28 2022 a short 4 month cycle. Of note is again constant communication, and a Discord server is now setup. Previews provided, deadlines hit.

Chapter 6: May 19 2023 about a 6.5 month release, so longer. Communication began to stall on the patreon, what was once daily posts became monthly or further apart. Still previews were provided, but this is where deadlines really began to be misjudged, and where communication would just stop. Perhaps the Discord was getting the updates? I never joined it so I don't know.

-midterm update: Sep 13 2023 about 4 months which is more a chapter update cycle, however communication picks back up about 2 or so months before this release. This adds animations, fixes some things etc. Work is also being done on the Steam release which is about a month or two after this.

Chapter 7: Communication starts slipping to monthly or greater again. Announcement of the partial idea on January 31st 2023.

-Part 1: February 2, 2024 about 7.5 months after the last chapter release, if you count the midterm update about 4.5. But I thought this update was extremely short. Next part is supposed to be out within a month or so.

-Part 2: Obviously not released yet, and this is also where communication stops. Health issues could be a cause and of course with the previous track record, very understandable and excusable. Deadlines get missed pretty badly. Current time between updates would be about 3 months from the partial, which puts it to around a full year since the last full chapter release.

Thank you for going through this, it gave me an opportunity to evaluate my own productivity.

But you left your work half done... it next step is comparing how long it took to write/render/animate during each development cycle. If chapters get bigger, time should also increase...right?

Math here:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
(I hope I didn't make any mistake, never been much of a math guy myself)

It's hard to compare, because, in many chapters, initially I didn't have animations to release them faster. But, basically:

Productivity:
chapter 2: (baseline)
chapter 3: (-3.35% script/renders)(-6 animations)(-31.1% total productivity)
chapter 4: (+26.4% script/renders) (-7 animations) (-47.1% total productivity)
chapter 5: (+31.7% script/renders) (-7 animations) (-12.2% total productivity)
chapter 6: (+11.6% script/renders) (-7 animations) (-25.5% total productivity)
midterm: (-100% script/renders) (+120 animations) (+464% total productivity)
chapter 7 part 1: (-17.55% script/renders) (+25 animations) (+62.2% total productivity)
chapter 7 part 2: (-28.8% script/renders) (+11 animations) (+24.7% total productivity)

For easiness, I used chapter 2 as baseline to compare all others to. Chapter 3 seems to have been the less productive, with -3.35% writing/render per day, and -6 animations in total than ch2.

Chapter 4 through 6 were faster than ch2 between 11% and 26% on writing/render, but all had -7 animations (they had no animations at all).
Both Chapter 7 halves were slower 17% to 29% than ch2 on writing/render, but had +25 and +11 animations respectively.

So, since time is limited, I have to decide on how to spend it. Looking at this, it seems that, on average, per development cycle, I'll be more-or-less 20% slower on the writing/rendering part to be able to make 7 animations with that time. Obviously, this changes a bit from update to update.

For example:

Chapter 4: June 30 2022 about a 6 month cycle, and roughly 3 months after the update. There was constant communication, deadlines and previews provided and followed up on.
Chapter 5: October 28 2022 a short 4 month cycle. Of note is again constant communication, and a Discord server is now setup. Previews provided, deadlines hit.
This is interesting. So, you and everyone else seemed very happy with my productivity during development of chapter 4 and 5.

Chapter 5 was +31.7% more productive in writing/renders than ch 2, the most of all chapters on that aspect, but had -7 animations. But a short 4 month cycle, you like that, thumbs up for me.
Chapter 7pt1, on the other hand, was -17.55% less productive in writing/renders than ch 2, but had +32 more animations.

So, in ch5 I gain 32% speed by not making 7 animations, but in Ch7pt1 I only lost 18% speed by making 32 animations...
Looking at this... wasn't I was even more productive during chapter 7 development than on chapter 5? I mean, there was the midterm update before chapter 7, so, perhaps this comparison isn't entirely fair.

Let's look at ch7pt2 then:

Chapter 4 was +26.4% more productive in writing/renders than ch 2, but also had -7 animations.
Chapter 7pt2 was -28.8% less productive in writing/renders than ch 2, but had +11 more animations.
So, it's more or less the same level of productivity. A bit better than chapter 2 and 3, a bit worse than chapter 5 and Chapter 7pt1. It's more or less in line with what has always been.

So, if, all together, chapter 7 was developed more or at the same productivity speed of chapter 4 and 5, perhaps even faster, why are you all complaining with me? Are your complains against me deserved?

And this doesn't even take into account that writing and render gets harder with time. A lot of choices means I have to constantly check past variables and write alternative dialogues. It was much smoother to write at the start. Code is also more complicated. There are many more sex scenes now than in chapter 2, so renders also take longer. It's much easier and faster to make 5 renders of a girl sitting down changing expressions than it is to pose sexual positions. Not all renders are created equal and earlier chapters were easier to render and write.

I honestly think I'm as productive as ever. I mean, there will always be changes in time available, motivation, etc. But reading some of things here and then looking at what I've actually done... I ask you all if it is fair, but whatever, it's for you all to decide.

I mean, some of you may say that you don't care about animations and that they are a waste of time, but you'd be a minority. The game had lots of criticism over the lack of animations and the steam audience expects them. It is what it is. I like them and doing them, but it does take time.

Some other of you may also say that the game has lots of paths and you only see a few and the updates feel short. I still have to write/render/animate them all, though. If that's your opinion, again, it's a minority. Everyone have always praised the level of choices the game provides. There's a price for that. For those who don't like it, go play kinetic novels instead, they are much faster to develop with no choices.

If that's the criticism of anyone reading this, at least say it. "It would be better if the game didn't have animations!" Or, "There are too many paths!" Is that your point?
If yes, then, please, by all means, discuss it here if animations should stop or which paths should be taken out. I want to see you guys making the hard decisions and see if you get to an agreement.

Instead, all I read is that path x should have option for y, or the mc in path z shouldn't behave as w. Or, why can't I do x with y? Or why does character y on path z still has so little scenes? So... everyone wants more options, more sex scenes, more paths.... and less development time. Easy peasy. No problem at all for me.

Also he's been dragging way too long on this entire game. Updates are constantly late. The dev just feels done with it by this point. Which is sad.
So... I'm done with it because I've been working faster than ever on it? Makes total sense...

It honestly makes me think the dev isn't a native English speaker with how bad this shit was to read.
Yes, I'm not a native speaker, I've always said so. Osanaiko has always been the one doing all the magic. It's not like I've ever hided that, you must be new here. Also, try writing with everyone pressuring you to to release the update last month, not even have time to review what you write, and then show it to me, I also want to judge how shit it is.

Listen people, I understand. You all wait too long to get too little in your paths. There's no other way around. More content requires more time. I'm as productive as ever, more or less. But each chapter you see less and less of the content, and it sucks. Everyone who starts the game from scratch likes it and praises all the options provided. Everyone else who has to wait for the next release, hates the waiting and the payoff. It's always like this.

Example A:

Yeah after reading this I think i'll just play the update eventually when I get through the other 20 games of updates I still need to play lol. but i'll wait till the next update to replay the game just doesn't seem worth a replay right now. not sure of the context anything as I didn't play it yet but the gallery did feel a bit disappointing to me.
Dessolos was always super kind and praised the game (well, except for Kim, of course). Started playing just in time for chapter 7pt1. Everything was great... now has to wait for next updates - that are still more or less as fast as ever - and now thinks it's disappointing. Oh well. Fair enough. Wait for the game to be finish, it's a much better experience, I get it. Playing games like this sucks. I get all of that. I just don't get what other options do I have.

I also don't get is the accusations of slacking off. Or milking. Or be "done with the game". Okay, if anyone thinks that, show me how my math above is wrong. Show me how I'm not working as hard anymore.

I mean, there's always issues, of course. I'm not perfect. Of course I could always do better. Release estimates were missed. For example, I had to do a root canal recently, missed real work thanks a bunch of dentist appointments, had to bring real work home to finish it, had to also finish development of part 2 in a rush... It was not fun. And, yeah, I expected it to be done earlier. I didn't realize how much work some things take, or that I had to do give more choices here and there, etc, etc. These things are hard to estimate, I suck at it, fair. It's a lose-lose. If I say "It's done when it's done", people get mad at me. If I say estimates that are wrong, people get mad at me. So, from now on, it'll be just "It's done when it's done". No more missed deadlines.

Also, I'm accused of not communicate often. True. What for? Everyone is just criticizing. And most of it seems unfair, in my opinion. I just found out I work better to just ignore it all and just keep working. It's my way to keep motivated. I mean, you need to have a thick skin to be a dev, sure. But all of this negativity takes the fun out of it. So, I just avoid it. I don't even look at it and just get happily developing my little game. I'm not doing this just to get anxious, it doesn't even pay that well. People don't like it? That's fair. Then, don't buy the game, quit my patreon, go fuck yourself playing other games much better that are available here, that's totally fine. I do what it's best for me to get things done, you do you. We are all happy in the end.

Last edited:

John Mirror

Dec 10, 2018
So much negativity here... and while some is fait, most isn't, but okay. At least the trolls came out to play, which is always funny.
You will never have a 100% positive feedback, even if people pay or not for the product, and btw, people who apreciate the game in most of the cases will not express their opinion, because they are satisfied. Your game is good, you shouldn't worry so much.

Triepslay

Mar 23, 2020
I started playing the game when ver 0.6.0 was out and it was really good (one of my favorite games rn), spent a lot of time playing it and going through routes and people are unfair. Game has plenty of content and the update frequency isn't even that long compared to other games, people that complain should honestly get lives so they can take some time off of playing AVNs.

Demanding devs to release updates faster when the devs are consistent anyways; Best of luck dev and do take care of yourself and your health :).

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
Dessolos was always super kind and praised the game (well, except for Kim, of course). Started playing just in time for chapter 7pt1. Everything was great... now has to wait for next updates - that are still more or less as fast as ever - and now thinks it's disappointing. Oh well. Fair enough. Wait for the game to be finish, it's a much better experience, I get it. Playing games like this sucks. I get all of that. I just don't get what other options do I have.
I probably was a little harsh sorry about that. I admit I just over hyped my self. My disappointed more comes from me wanting to replay the game but for some reason just didn't feel that spark or excitement from the new lewd scenes when I looked at in the gallery for the new scenes . Which I don't blame you for or anything as some scenes I was looking forward to seeing either might not come or will come in future updates or has some setup to be done in the story before they can happen. That and the negativity I read on this thread kind of just spread to me for once. I should of went into it blind like I usually do with games but I was to damn curious why all the negativity. I'm sure it will be a great update once I know the context of everything. Which is why I think im just gonna play the update once I get around to it and wait for the next one for a replay and won't look at this damn thread when it drops till I finish it.

Last edited:
Reactions: osanaiko

Zoomaa

Jul 14, 2022

Thank you for going through this, it gave me an opportunity to evaluate my own productivity.

But you left your work half done... it next step is comparing how long it took to write/render/animate during each development cycle. If chapters get bigger, time should also increase...right?

Math here:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
(I hope I didn't make any mistake, never been much of a math guy myself)

It's hard to compare, because, in many chapters, initially I didn't have animations to release them faster. But, basically:

Productivity:
chapter 2: (baseline)
chapter 3: (-3.35% script/renders)(-6 animations)(-31.1% total productivity)
chapter 4: (+26.4% script/renders) (-7 animations) (-47.1% total productivity)
chapter 5: (+31.7% script/renders) (-7 animations) (-12.2% total productivity)
chapter 6: (+11.6% script/renders) (-7 animations) (-25.5% total productivity)
midterm: (-100% script/renders) (+120 animations) (+464% total productivity)
chapter 7 part 1: (-17.55% script/renders) (+25 animations) (+62.2% total productivity)
chapter 7 part 2: (-28.8% script/renders) (+11 animations) (+24.7% total productivity)

For easiness, I used chapter 2 as baseline to compare all others to. Chapter 3 seems to have been the less productive, with -3.35% writing/render per day, and -6 animations in total than ch2.

Chapter 4 through 6 were faster than ch2 between 11% and 26% on writing/render, but all had -7 animations (they had no animations at all).
Both Chapter 7 halves were slower 17% to 29% than ch2 on writing/render, but had +25 and +11 animations respectively.

So, since time is limited, I have to decide on how to spend it. Looking at this, it seems that, on average, per development cycle, I'll be more-or-less 20% slower on the writing/rendering part to be able to make 7 animations with that time. Obviously, this changes a bit from update to update.

For example:

This is interesting. So, you and everyone else seemed very happy with my productivity during development of chapter 4 and 5.

Chapter 5 was +31.7% more productive in writing/renders than ch 2, the most of all chapters on that aspect, but had -7 animations. But a short 4 month cycle, you like that, thumbs up for me.
Chapter 7pt1, on the other hand, was -17.55% less productive in writing/renders than ch 2, but had +32 more animations.

So, in ch5 I gain 32% speed by not making 7 animations, but in Ch7pt1 I only lost 18% speed by making 32 animations...
Looking at this... wasn't I was even more productive during chapter 7 development than on chapter 5? I mean, there was the midterm update before chapter 7, so, perhaps this comparison isn't entirely fair.

Let's look at ch7pt2 then:

Chapter 4 was +26.4% more productive in writing/renders than ch 2, but also had -7 animations.
Chapter 7pt2 was -28.8% less productive in writing/renders than ch 2, but had +11 more animations.
So, it's more or less the same level of productivity. A bit better than chapter 2 and 3, a bit worse than chapter 5 and Chapter 7pt1. It's more or less in line with what has always been.

So, if, all together, chapter 7 was developed more or at the same productivity speed of chapter 4 and 5, perhaps even faster, why are you all complaining with me? Are your complains against me deserved?

And this doesn't even take into account that writing and render gets harder with time. A lot of choices means I have to constantly check past variables and write alternative dialogues. It was much smoother to write at the start. Code is also more complicated. There are many more sex scenes now than in chapter 2, so renders also take longer. It's much easier and faster to make 5 renders of a girl sitting down changing expressions than it is to pose sexual positions. Not all renders are created equal and earlier chapters were easier to render and write.

I honestly think I'm as productive as ever. I mean, there will always be changes in time available, motivation, etc. But reading some of things here and then looking at what I've actually done... I ask you all if it is fair, but whatever, it's for you all to decide.

I mean, some of you may say that you don't care about animations and that they are a waste of time, but you'd be a minority. The game had lots of criticism over the lack of animations and the steam audience expects them. It is what it is. I like them and doing them, but it does take time.

Some other of you may also say that the game has lots of paths and you only see a few and the updates feel short. I still have to write/render/animate them all, though. If that's your opinion, again, it's a minority. Everyone have always praised the level of choices the game provides. There's a price for that. For those who don't like it, go play kinetic novels instead, they are much faster to develop with no choices.

If that's the criticism of anyone reading this, at least say it. "It would be better if the game didn't have animations!" Or, "There are too many paths!" Is that your point?
If yes, then, please, by all means, discuss it here if animations should stop or which paths should be taken out. I want to see you guys making the hard decisions and see if you get to an agreement.

Instead, all I read is that path x should have option for y, or the mc in path z shouldn't behave as w. Or, why can't I do x with y? Or why does character y on path z still has so little scenes? So... everyone wants more options, more sex scenes, more paths.... and less development time. Easy peasy. No problem at all for me.

So... I'm done with it because I've been working faster than ever on it? Makes total sense...

Yes, I'm not a native speaker, I've always said so. Osanaiko has always been the one doing all the magic. It's not like I've ever hided that, you must be new here. Also, try writing with everyone pressuring you to to release the update last month, not even have time to review what you write, and then show it to me, I also want to judge how shit it is.

Listen people, I understand. You all wait too long to get too little in your paths. There's no other way around. More content requires more time. I'm as productive as ever, more or less. But each chapter you see less and less of the content, and it sucks. Everyone who starts the game from scratch likes it and praises all the options provided. Everyone else who has to wait for the next release, hates the waiting and the payoff. It's always like this.

Example A:

I also don't get is the accusations of slacking off. Or milking. Or be "done with the game". Okay, if anyone thinks that, show me how my math above is wrong. Show me how I'm not working as hard anymore.

I mean, there's always issues, of course. I'm not perfect. Of course I could always do better. Release estimates were missed. For example, I had to do a root canal recently, missed real work thanks a bunch of dentist appointments, had to bring real work home to finish it, had to also finish development of part 2 in a rush... It was not fun. And, yeah, I expected it to be done earlier. I didn't realize how much work some things take, or that I had to do give more choices here and there, etc, etc. These things are hard to estimate, I suck at it, fair. It's a lose-lose. If I say "It's done when it's done", people get mad at me. If I say estimates that are wrong, people get mad at me. So, from now on, it'll be just "It's done when it's done". No more missed deadlines.

Also, I'm accused of not communicate often. True. What for? Everyone is just criticizing. And most of it seems unfair, in my opinion. I just found out I work better to just ignore it all and just keep working. It's my way to keep motivated. I mean, you need to have a thick skin to be a dev, sure. But all of this negativity takes the fun out of it. So, I just avoid it. I don't even look at it and just get happily developing my little game. I'm not doing this just to get anxious, it doesn't even pay that well. People don't like it? That's fair. Then, don't buy the game, quit my patreon, go fuck yourself playing other games much better that are available here, that's totally fine. I do what it's best for me to get things done, you do you. We are all happy in the end.
First thanks for all your hard work secondly people who love the game will rarely comment except maybe writing a review I think your writing is only improved since the start of the game also everything seems logical. connected and make sense within the story even the characters behave the way you would expect them to behave in all the different routes that is something 99% of AVN lack

4.60 star(s) 161 Votes