osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Usually MrSilverLust lets us know if he is really close, so I guess it will still take a bit.
He's even keeping me in the dark! Last message let me know that he's too much under pressure to make a pre-release so I can start proofreading the second half of the chapter... MrSilverLust I hope you are taking care of yourself!

Vleder

Dec 14, 2020
He's even keeping me in the dark! Last message let me know that he's too much under pressure to make a pre-release so I can start proofreading the second half of the chapter... MrSilverLust I hope you are taking care of yourself!
Crap! I was hoping you'd get us some insider info...
Anyway, it's nothing surprising. As the story evolves and all the paths and twists and nuances have to be considered in the script, I can only imagine the huge amount of work! So, I'll be here, waiting, fighting my lack of patience, thinking about Lea and Jen and Emma... It's maddening! :oops:

Mfka5

Oct 4, 2022
Dang when is this update releasing
I cant hold this nut much longer, yall killing me lol
Been saving it for a week now, i cant survive another

reww

Jul 19, 2017
from discord:
Sorry guys, the update still needs a little bit more work. I keep underestimating how long it takes to do the work left and overestimating how much time I get to work on it.

And also realising that some paths need more specific scenes/dialogues because the "general one" doesn't work if the mc has done X instead of Y. The more branches there are, the harder it gets to tie everything together without characters doing things that don't make sense in that particular context.

So, these kind of playtests and changes keep requiring more time than I predict. But it's getting there. Just a little bit more cooking

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
thinking about Lea and Jen and Emma... It's maddening! :oops:
FTFY! :D

from discord:
Sorry guys, the update still needs a little bit more work. I keep underestimating how long it takes to do the work left and overestimating how much time I get to work on it.

And also realising that some paths need more specific scenes/dialogues because the "general one" doesn't work if the mc has done X instead of Y. The more branches there are, the harder it gets to tie everything together without characters doing things that don't make sense in that particular context.

So, these kind of playtests and changes keep requiring more time than I predict. But it's getting there. Just a little bit more cooking

Yeah, one of these days devs will figure out a way to make scripts modular, right now it often feels like we're in the industrial dark ages for game writing; where every path must be written out uniquely by hand - so I'm thinking things in the future like auto language generation with paths having different dictionaries/preset styles defined, etc.

That's also a broader remark on adult games as a whole; the current popular production process seems like it's going backwards in time; manually rendering out images individually for every iteration of a scene.

I understand WHY it's done this way, to produce higher quality images, it just seems like it's in the wrong direction - games should push for modular setups - using 3d worlds with models in them, like traditional AAA games; and this is more possible with the accessibilty of things like unity and blender.

/endGamePhilosophyRant - Hope update is coming along well!

Last edited:

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Oh ProGamerJohnny, I really hope that is satire.

If I wanted a game with isolated fetch quests written by strangers with no vision of an overarching storyline, I'd go back to playing WOW.

The genius of Nothing Is Forever is the genuine realism and consequences stemming from the player choices. As the game proceeds and the possibilities increase, MrSL is having to work hard to keep the threads alive. And so far, he's done an admirable job.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
Oh ProGamerJohnny, I really hope that is satire.

If I wanted a game with isolated fetch quests written by strangers with no vision of an overarching storyline, I'd go back to playing WOW.

The genius of Nothing Is Forever is the genuine realism and consequences stemming from the player choices. As the game proceeds and the possibilities increase, MrSL is having to work hard to keep the threads alive. And so far, he's done an admirable job.
Not at all - but dont think those things are mutually exclusive. I agree this dev, in this worldspace has done a great job so far.

But don't make the mistake of thinking 3d worlds are synonymous somehow with poor storytelling. Fetch quests have nothing to do with 3d worlds, even if you often find them together.

What I'm arguing for is smarter way of branching storytelling in gameplay. It's extremely labor intensive to have to set and check all these separate variables for every character interaction and subject. You just have to use your imagination for how it could be done differently - things like conversational classes which automatically set the respective character var upon instantiation during the conversation.

Joshy92

Devoted Member
Mar 25, 2021
Man I'm so happy this is coming to steam definitely a day one buy I'm not even going to play it on here anymore I'm going to wait for the steam release and start a new game

P.S Jenna best girl hope we get more options to romance her later on not just male domination but pure romance lol.

Apr 28, 2020
The developer wrote that he overestimated the time, and will try to release at least in the last week of April, so it can be released at any time, but no accuracy, and it is likely that it will move to the beginning of the next month. But the release is close anyway.

4.60 star(s) 164 Votes