Ntr tag changed to netorare?

Mar 25, 2022
This isnt much of a big deal and it might be said somewhere on this site but does anyone know why the ntr (netorare) tag has been changed to the actual full word instead of the shortened version (ntr), theres nothing different about it so im not sure why it was changed, unless alot of people surprisingly were on here and didnt know what ntr was or stood for.

The only reason i could think of why it was changed to the full name instead of a shortened version is because maybe netorase might be added at some point? and seeing as theyd both look the same shortened it may confuse people, which on a side note would be a very good tag for them to add because as much as netorare and netorase are similear in nature they hit very different homes on what someone is looking for.

But yeah not the end of the world that they changed it of course just a bit annoying now as before it was very easy to see it as a tag when looking through games with how its pretty short compared to longer tags around that part of the tags alphabetically, but now its a bit harder to notice if something has ntr in it or not at first glance.

Also i dont hate ntr nor would i want EVERY game i play to have ntr so filtering to not have it show or only show ntr games isnt really applicable, incase someone sais to just do either of those.

Reactions: SharkVampire

Trickstar

Jun 2, 2018
Just saw an updated post for tags, they also added a ai cg tag but couldn't be bothered to add the other netori and netorase tags like they said they were going to do for years now.

Bruh there is like 5 to 10 ai cg games on this site and that was more important apparently.

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
We still have no shortage of people who think NTR is an umbrella tag for netorare, netorase and netori, despite it being written explicitly in the tags and not being used this way in any major site, so we changed to make it clearer.

Bruh there is like 5 to 10 ai cg games on this site and that was more important apparently.
That's precisely why, we can handle tagging the 10 ai games, but it would be crazy to retag god knows how many netori games exist on the site.

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
That's precisely why, we can handle tagging the 10 ai games, but it would be crazy to retag god knows how many netori games exist on the site.
Very reasonable, it should also lower the number of people asking for AI tag in every AI game thread.

Trickstar

Jun 2, 2018
We still have no shortage of people who think NTR is an umbrella tag for netorare, netorase and netori, despite it being written explicitly in the tags and not being used this way in any major site, so we changed to make it clearer.

Yeah but they both need a tag and it's only going to get worse for retagging games the longer we wait for proper tags.

Cheating is far to vague to describe netori as it goes for pretty much any game with cheating in it and might not even have netori at all in said games.

The same with swinging for netorase and how it is also to vague and also inaccurate.

These inaccuracies cause problems and arguments and like I said before the longer the wait the bigger pain in the ass it will be to fix it.

I do understand it how crazy it is to retag alot of games but that is why we have a report system for tags so mods don't have to search for every game that needs to be tagged and just let us users report and make it easier so then the mods can handle the reports when they have time.

Trickstar

Jun 2, 2018
cheating tag applies to netori
The cheating tag is inaccurate and far to vague. At that point you might as well substitute all netorare tagged games for cheating as well. This is why we need these tags.

You all care way too much about tags.
Mistagging and inaccurate tags cause all kinds of problems and have continued to do so for years and the whole point of having tags in the first place is to have an accurate way to mark a game so people can find what they want and avoid games they don't want to play.

Sam

Sysadmin
Staff member
Administrator
Dec 22, 2016
And now we have a bunch of games with the netorare tag that don't have netorare in them. This for example.
This was always a problem regardless of the rename. NTR was never meant to cover netorase or netori, NTR = netorare and always has been since the forum first started. This change cleans up the confusion of people who refused to read the tag definitions.

If you notice any mistagged games, regardless of the tag, please report them.

baloneysammich

Jun 3, 2017
This was always a problem regardless of the rename. NTR was never meant to cover netorase or netori, NTR = netorare and always has been since the forum first started. This change cleans up the confusion of people who refused to read the tag definitions.

Sadly, it's gonna do nothing to resolve the problem of very wildly varying definitions people have for netorare. :confused:

• Sad
Reactions: Hagatagar

hysepReC

Feb 16, 2022

Are cheating female protagonist games supposed to be tagged as netorare? If we go by the site's definition then the answer is no but many of them have the tag anyway. I've noticed quite a bit of inconsistency with these types of games.

Reactions: 1Teddy1 and Charl9

Hagatagar

Oct 11, 2019
Are cheating female protagonist games supposed to be tagged as netorare? If we go by the site's definition then the answer is no but many of them have the tag anyway. I've noticed quite a bit of inconsistency with these types of games.
This is actually a thing in many Hentai or JAVs. A "story" that is clearly portrayed form the woman's perspective is often labeled as NTR. And not just by western perspective, but from the producers themselves.

SlapE

Dec 4, 2022
I think this change was definitely needed and I agree that having a netori tag would also be beneficial since cheating is way too vague. Netorase however doesn't really need its own tag, since it's basically the same thing as swinging. I know that Netorase also covers cuckolding but I mean, it's similar enough to where I don't think it's really needed. (Though I suppose adding a cuckold tag wouldn't hurt if the need to distinguish the two is really that important to people)

Reactions: PeterSBigD

Rafster

Bear chaser
Game Developer
Mar 23, 2019
I agree with the changes. Now it's clear that the tag refers only to netorase, and the AI CG will be useful when more of these games comes in the future.

Reactions: F4C430

Trickstar

Jun 2, 2018
I think this change was definitely needed and I agree that having a netori tag would also be beneficial since cheating is way too vague. Netorase however doesn't really need its own tag, since it's basically the same thing as swinging. I know that Netorase also covers cuckolding but I mean, it's similar enough to where I don't think it's really needed. (Though I suppose adding a cuckold tag wouldn't hurt if the need to distinguish the two is really that important to people)
Swinging is not netorase as swinging means both parties are doing it when netorase means only one partner does it. They are 2 completely different things and scenarios.

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
Swinging is not netorase as swinging means both parties are doing it when netorase means only one partner does it. They are 2 completely different things and scenarios.
Actually the current definition of swinging is pretty close to netorase:
  • Swinging [A couple allowing one or both partners to have sex with a third party.]
It depends on the game, if you are talking about games that are designed to cause jealousy (netorare) on a specific character then yes.

Because in those games, even though you are playing with a woman it is implied that the target of jealousy is the husband which can be seen as the "MC" by those playing.

This is explained at the end of the definition.

Trickstar

Jun 2, 2018
Actually the current definition of swinging is pretty close to netorase:
  • Swinging [A couple allowing one or both partners to have sex with a third party.]

It depends on the game, if you are talking about games that are designed to cause jealousy (netorare) on a specific character then yes.

Because in those games, even though you are playing with a woman it is implied that the target of jealousy is the husband which can be seen as the "MC" by those playing.

This is explained at the end of the definition.
That still doesn't make it any better to not have a netorase tag all together, as like I explained before they are completely different scenarios. Its like the cheating tag situation, you never know if it will actually be the content you want or not.