Ntr tag changed to netorare?

SharkVampire

Sep 12, 2018
Well that was the point @Trickstar was making, the swinging tag is too global and I agree.

Altough instead of 'Cuckold/quean' I would use exactly to avoid people confusing it again with other stuff like swinging or netorare all over again. Afterall even though lots of people seem not to care, the fact is that games that tackle those fetishes are very different:
Basically I said about this in my first post here with the only difference being that I didn't have a link to confirm what I was saying.

The moment I saw people calling lesbian sex inside a harem cuck shit was the moment I was sure westerners have completely different definitions of the english word.

Just being in a relationship is probably already cuck shit for some.
Once, in a thread where there was a netorase content, I asked an NTR hater if he's thinking that pimps are also the cuckolds, and he answered me in the affirmative.

In all the time I've been on this forum, I've noticed that those who shout the loudest about how much they hate NTR are the first who come into threads with this genre just to tell everyone about it. Their persistence could be the envy of anyone.

I could say that I don't necessary see netorase as cuck stuff and I could give examples, why I think so, but I realize that there are bound to be people here who will argue with this no matter that. So I'll keep it to myself.

In order not to fuel the shit on this topic even more, I will add a few more comments about the current tag system. For example, futa/trans tag also misleading. I don't know if I need to give detailed explanation, but I will do it just in case. I think everyone understands that trans people can originally be both men and women, while futas are always women with dicks. And among other things, games marked with this futa/trans tag are very different from each other. Some games are strictly about futas, while others may be about a complete change of gender, sisification or traps. By the way, gender-bend tag would also be worth adding separately. Since it's not only very uncommon genre, but also games of this kind are very rare, which makes them difficult to find. Don't ask me how I know all this, I had a period when I was installing everything to figure out what I enjoy *blushing*.

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
I was thrilled to see this change, for which I've long advocated, and thank you to whoever made it.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Basically I said about this in my first post here with the only difference being that I didn't have a link to confirm what I was saying.

Once, in a thread where there was a netorase content, I asked an NTR hater if he's thinking that pimps are also the cuckolds, and he answered me in the affirmative.

In all the time I've been on this forum, I've noticed that those who shout the loudest about how much they hate NTR are the first who come into threads with this genre just to tell everyone about it. Their persistence could be the envy of anyone.

I could say that I don't necessary see netorase as cuck stuff and I could give examples, why I think so, but I realize that there are bound to be people here who will argue with this no matter that. So I'll keep it to myself.

In order not to fuel the shit on this topic even more, I will add a few more comments about the current tag system. For example, futa/trans tag also misleading. I don't know if I need to give detailed explanation, but I will do it just in case. I think everyone understands that trans people can originally be both men and women, while futas are always women with dicks. And among other things, games marked with this futa/trans tag are very different from each other. Some games are strictly about futas, while others may be about a complete change of gender, sisification or traps. By the way, gender-bend tag would also be worth adding separately. Since it's not only very uncommon genre, but also games of this kind are very rare, which makes them difficult to find. Don't ask me how I know all this, I had a period when I was installing everything to figure out what I enjoy *blushing*.
I know you are talking about big pimpin here, but I'll just clear something up real quick. Netorase is not really pimping. Netorase is basically western cuckoldry (consensual stuff). So technically, netorase is still "cuck shit." But whoring out bitches is definitely not cuck shit, nor is it netorase.

Last edited:

SharkVampire

Sep 12, 2018
I know you are talking about big pimpin here, but I'll just clear something up real quick. Netorase is not really pimping. Netorase is basically western cuckoldry (consensual stuff). So technically, netorase is still "cuck shit." But whoring out bitches is definitely not cuck shit, nor is it netorase.
Ok, I don't wanted to fuel a fire in this topic, but since you quoted me I'll try to give a short answer. There are games, tagged as netorase even by japanese themselves, where you're basically a ruler, or some kind of bandit boss. You don't care about all these girls, so you can give them to others. The main fuel of this fetish is stroking your ego, that their destiny full in your hands. You can take them back whatever time you want and order them to clean your boots with their tongues and then send them back to the whorehouse if you get tired of them. It's just another type of power fantasy, but NTR haters still assume it's a cuck shit.

Of course there is other types of games tagged with netorase, where you really give your loved ones, but all in all, it still depends on the player perspective. If you don't care about them, how could you be a cuck? But I guess, it won't be very immersive playthrough, if you won't try to roleplay the protagonist and take into account his motives. And in this case, the author has probably done a poor job of introducing you to their characters that you don't really care about.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Ok, I don't wanted to fuel a fire in this topic, but since you quoted me I'll try to give a short answer. There are games, tagged as netorase even by japanese themselves, where you're basically a ruler, or some kind of bandit boss. You don't care about all these girls, so you can give them to others. The main fuel of this fetish is stroking your ego, that their destiny full in your hands. You can take them back whatever time you want and order them to clean your boots with their tongues and then send them back to the whorehouse if you get tired of them. It's just another type of power fantasy, but NTR haters still assume it's a cuck shit.

Of course there is other types of games tagged with netorase, where you really give your loved ones, but all in all, it still depends on the player perspective. If you don't care about them, how could you be a cuck? But I guess, it won't be very immersive playthrough, if you won't try to roleplay the protagonist and take into account his motives. And in this case, the author has probably done a poor job of introducing you to their characters that you don't really care about.
That's not netorase, but maybe you can link some of those games. Not a lot of sites actually have the netorase tag. Dlsite doesn't. Nhentai doesn't. E-hentai doesn't. VNDB does have it.

While many hentai or Japanese games portals just lump netorase with NTR, it's extremely rare to tag those power fantasy whoring games as NTR or netorase. I personally can't think of any. It's prostitution. For example, .

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
Netorase is basically western cuckoldry (consensual stuff).
Not exactly, technically "pimping your waifu" can fall under netorase as well, as stated on :
"This can be a mutually agreed act with a trustworthy person, which the partner convinces their significant other to have sex with, or a selfish act, with the partner selling or whoring their significant other for personal gain (money, blackmail material on someone, etc.)."

In short, as long as the characters being pimped are in a relationship with the mc then even when whoring them out for personal gain can count as netorase (swinging in this site).

But you are correct when talking about games where the mc has no relationship with the characters being pimped, at that point it just falls under prostitution or similar.

Last edited:

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Not exactly, technically "pimping your waifu" can fall under netorase as well, as stated on :
"This can be a mutually agreed act with a trustworthy person, which the partner convinces their significant other to have sex with, or a selfish act, with the partner selling or whoring their significant other for personal gain (money, blackmail material on someone, etc.)."

In short, as long as the characters you are pimping is in a relationship with the mc then even when whoring them out for personal gain can count as netorase (swinging in this site).

But you are correct when talking about games where the mc has no relationship with the characters being pimped, at that point it just falls under prostitution or similar.
You love to quote vndb definitions, but it's not like that's the bible. It's just one western site's tagging conventions.

But sure, I can accept an argument for the specific definition used on vndb, which requires a committed relationship, so that's limited to wife/gf. That's pretty limiting though, isn't it? It certainly shouldn't include large scale whoring, slave training, or "ruler power fantasy."

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
But sure, I can accept an argument for the specific definition used on vndb, which requires a committed relationship, so that's limited to wife/gf. That's pretty limiting though, isn't it? It certainly shouldn't include large scale whoring, slave training, or "ruler power fantasy."
I just happen to agree with that definition as well.

And yes it is limiting exactly because if there is no commited relationship of any sort then it is just pure pimping as you said.

I was just mentioning that it doesn't always have to be from a "bottom" perspective like the western cuck mentality, many netorase games have the protag share his partner(s) from a power position as well, to get money, power or similar.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
I just happen to agree with that definition as well.

And yes it is limiting exactly because if there is no commited relationship of any sort then it is just pure pimping as you said.

I was just mentioning that it doesn't always have to be from a "bottom" perspective like the western cuck mentality, many netorase games have the protag share his partner(s) from a power position as well, to get money, power or similar.
Any games that come to mind?

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Stuff like Behind the Dune, Desert Stalker, INsight of You, come to mind.

Not sure if there are many but I sometimes stumble upon them.
I don't consider any of those netorase, but that's besides the point. I thought we're talking about Japanese games that are regarded by the Japanese eroge community as being netorase? Or at least some Japanese game on vndb that has the netorase tag for a "power position" whoring/sharing.

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
I don't consider any of those netorase, but that's besides the point. I thought we're talking about Japanese games that are regarded by the Japanese eroge community as being netorase? Or at least some Japanese game on vndb that has the netorase tag for a "power position" whoring/sharing.
I mean, you would have to ask a netorase fan for more examples of exclusive netorase games, I mostly play netorare and sometimes stumble upon games that also have netorase in them.

Afterall those two tags are very interwoven, because netorase often leads into netorare especially in japanese games.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
I mean, you would have to ask a netorase fan for more examples of exclusive netorase games, I mostly play netorare and sometimes stumble upon games that also have netorase in them.

Afterall those two tags are very interwoven, because netorase often leads into netorare especially in japanese games.
Yea, it's very interwoven, but that's because Japanese netorase is overwhelmingly from the beta perspective with netorase -> NTR progression.

I'm not gonna talk in absolutes because there are always outliers, but whoring out your girl for whatever reason, from a position of power and authority, is just not gonna have anywhere near the same vibes as what the netorase tag usually means. That's just sharing and/or prostitution. This kinda thing is usually found in corruption harem games.

On the other hand, that same prostitution and whoring from a position of weakness (have to pay off debt or have cuck mentality) will have plenty of netorase vibes. So my position is that the mentality of the protag has to be neutral (fun and games, adventurous, hotwifing, wholesome stuff) or cuckish.

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
It's so very F95 that a clarification of a tag has led to argument #56000 about neto****************.

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
but whoring out your girl for whatever reason, from a position of power and authority, is just not gonna have anywhere near the same vibes as what the netorase tag usually means. That's just sharing and/or prostitution. This kinda thing is usually found in corruption harem games.
But don't you think that if at least one of the girls being whored happens to be the protagonist wife it would also appeal to netorase fans and get the tag?

I agree that in most cases it doesn't happen from a power perspective, but sometimes it does even if that isn't the main theme of the game.

SharkVampire

Sep 12, 2018
That's not netorase, but maybe you can link some of those games. Not a lot of sites actually have the netorase tag. Dlsite doesn't. Nhentai doesn't. E-hentai doesn't. VNDB does have it.

While many hentai or Japanese games portals just lump netorase with NTR, it's extremely rare to tag those power fantasy whoring games as NTR or netorase. I personally can't think of any. It's prostitution. For example, .
I guess I just didn't pay attention to this tag on these sites. I'm ready to admit I was wrong.
But as for netorase in games. I think there really aren't that many games in this genre, not to mention games, that purely concentrate on this fetish. I stumbled upon such games, but they either don't worth it or I just forgot their title names. I guess most of the trainers have such fetish exactly with power play, where you're whoring out your girls for your own benefit or amusement. Basically, in the western market it's all started because of Akaburs games with his Princess and Witch trainer.

There are also games where netorase is a side element as a route which you can follow among the other ones. Meaning Less suggested some games, such as Desert stalker and INsight of you (They both very good. It's pity that you can't share your gf in INsight of you, though. The dev wanted to do that originally, but canceled his plans because of NTR haters. No joke.) that fit into this category. I also heard about this game VenusBlood HOLLOW International, but I can't tell for sure, since I dropped it in the beginning (Didn't like the horrible UI and the plot). You can try Masters of Raana it's about life of the slaver, it's something like Jack o nine tails, but without super extreme things (though you still can play as pretty violent character). I wish I could recommend more, but right now there's not much that comes to mind. You can try to ask here: Complete Netorase & Sharing Games Master List. There is also The architect games, which has some sharing content. Though, is a weaker representative of what we are talking about. But the main character corrupts the girls precisely for his own gain.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
But don't you think that if at least one of the girls being whored happens to be the protagonist wife it would also appeal to netorase fans and get the tag?
Don't know. This scenario is rare already, and when its present, it's usually not to induce arousal in the MC. It's a transaction or a display of power/authority. That's very different from the usual point of netorase which is to induce arousal in the MC, either through his cuckold nature, or by exploring an adventurous lifestyle together. It could overlap as something the "sharing" player enjoys, but the story and the characters are gonna be written in a very different way.

I don't ever consider what some players might feel about this or that when defining tags. It's pointless because different people interpret the same content in different ways. We already know this from the NTR hysteria. We have to look at what the characters are thinking and feeling.

Last edited:

RNGeusEX

Goodbye Eternity
Game Developer
Sep 2, 2018
I suggest a single tag to simplify things "EMOTIONAL DAMAGE", for people who are a bit psychologically fragile or still full of insecurities

Jan 9, 2019
As someone else already mentioned, we are on an English website, so the one language we all have a shared understanding of sorts is with the English language.

Instead of trying to force the use of Netorare, Netorase, and Netori; Cuckold/Cuckquean (Homewrecking), Swinging (Sharing) and Cheating (MC-cheating) would do.

I will go on a limb here and say a lot of users probably didn't know what NTR was or the differences between Netorare, Netori, and Netorase. Hell, I didn't know the differences and NTR wasn't a new concept to me. A lot of people are learning these terms for the 1st time and they are probably still confused because there is a lot of back and forth they are learning from here (and other places online) that's impacted by our interpretations that exist because we don't understand the language or the meaning behind the characters used to in Japanese writing. The truth is that most of us that think we know probably don't because each of those words has a meaning that is derived from the meaning of the characters used to create the word. That's the reason why there are multiple interpretations among us.