1.00 star(s) 1 Vote

AngelKara

Jul 10, 2019
Well their latest game is Abyss Agent Alyss [Here] It seems to be mostly their attempt at doing something like Ankoku Marimokan's Sneak in Desperada. [Here] As I said... Their RPGMaker stuff tends to be their best work... Though if I had to recommend a non-rpgmaker work I think their best would probably be Grimoire. I remember it being the first of their games I played and I haven't played most of their later non-rpgmaker stuff, but I remember it being a pretty okay metroidvania. Grimoire does not seem to have a f95zone page currently.

azurezero

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
Yeah this game is like 7+ years old. They've released like 20 games since this. Don't judge their current stuff by one of the first games they've released.

That said, I haven't checked out their games in about 7 years, lol. One of my issues with them is they go heavily towards quantity over quality. 20+ games in 7 years and it shows. That's a business tactic, not a tactic for making quality games. Checking out their most recent stuff it seems it's mostly default rpg maker assets, which makes sense considering there's no way they have time to give each game individual attention. Feels like they're just 100% focused on churning out games as quickly as possible. About 3 games a year with a single person working on them isn't a great look.

Would be nice if they slowed down and focused on improvement and quality for once. There's really no excuse for the art to still look like that after so long. Some of those anatomy issues are the kind of shit you could fix in a few days of focused study. I can't really talk about how they could improve their games since I haven't played them other than spending more time on them. The art though is an easy way to attract more people at least. With the art quality not improving too much, it certainly gives off the impression that the game quality wouldn't improve much either. I mean, how could it? When would they have time to study?

I might check out a game of theirs if it's clear they spent way more time on it than their other games. Those just do not seem like they're worth the price at all. Seems like they're kind of stuck at mediocre and uninspired/bland/basic everything.
It's not a business tactic... i just can't handle large projects, as evident by damsel quest 3, which left me burnt out for 4years (I only got better this month).

Well their latest game is Abyss Agent Alyss [Here] It seems to be mostly their attempt at doing something like Ankoku Marimokan's Sneak in Desperada. [Here] As I said... Their RPGMaker stuff tends to be their best work... Though if I had to recommend a non-rpgmaker work I think their best would probably be Grimoire. I remember it being the first of their games I played and I haven't played most of their later non-rpgmaker stuff, but I remember it being a pretty okay metroidvania. Grimoire does not seem to have a f95zone page currently.
They're all inspired by ahriman's sword of morals asagi. i liked the catch and release system except for bosses with proper game overs.

1.00 star(s) 1 Vote