Iorinari

Feb 3, 2023
so techno started the development of this game in 2019.
4 years after it has only reached v. 0.50.
at this rate prolly I'll have to wait for another 4 years b4 I could purchase the game....

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Sauron_SS

larrylaile1

Jan 20, 2021
so techno started the development of this game in 2019.
4 years after it has only reached v. 0.50.
at this rate prolly I'll have to wait for another 4 years b4 I could purchase the game....
That's how devs in Patreon get their money. Logically speaking, it would be far cheaper to purchase a polished AAA game than to subscribe to these wannabe game devs on Patreon. Usually, by the time a game (support via Patreon) is completed, you would have paid the cost of perhaps 1 (minimum) or more AAA games.

The wannabe devs either tend to purposefully drag the development out to milk more money out of a single project with a slew of sordid excuses, or are really just doing it as a side hustle (which delays development too). Patreon games usually take 1-2 years to complete, and would cost around 3-5 bucks (lowpoint; there are some which minimum costs more than that) per month. That's around 36-60 bucks for the entire game in a year of subscription that may or may not see completion (at the mercy of the dev's discretion).

Furabia

Donor
Jun 23, 2019
That's how devs in Patreon get their money. Logically speaking, it would be far cheaper to purchase a polished AAA game than to subscribe to these wannabe game devs on Patreon. Usually, by the time a game (support via Patreon) is completed, you would have paid the cost of perhaps 1 (minimum) or more AAA games.

The wannabe devs either tend to purposefully drag the development out to milk more money out of a single project with a slew of sordid excuses, or are really just doing it as a side hustle (which delays development too). Patreon games usually take 1-2 years to complete, and would cost around 3-5 bucks (lowpoint; there are some which minimum costs more than that) per month. That's around 36-60 bucks for the entire game in a year of subscription that may or may not see completion (at the mercy of the dev's discretion).
A different take: without patreon (and similar), these kinds of games probably wouldn't even exist in the first place. So the question should be: is it better to have no devs milking support and consequently no games at all (as it was before patreon era), or is it better to have the devs drag on but also create all this new content (after patreon era)?

To each their own, but I already have my answer to that question long ago. We only see these games being made (good and bad) due to this new era. If technobrake abandoned this game today (please no!!!), I'd already have gotten all my money worth in terms of pleasure, because this is a game that caters to my deviant taste and that probably would not exist without the incentive.

Knight6797

Jul 26, 2022
A different take: without patreon (and similar), these kinds of games probably wouldn't even exist in the first place. So the question should be: is it better to have no devs milking support and consequently no games at all (as it was before patreon era), or is it better to have the devs drag on but also create all this new content (after patreon era)?

To each their own, but I already have my answer to that question long ago. We only see these games being made (good and bad) due to this new era. If technobrake abandoned this game today (please no!!!), I'd already have gotten all my money worth in terms of pleasure, because this is a game that caters to my deviant taste and that probably would not exist without the incentive.
The difference is though that most japanese games don't profit off of patreon, some have ci-en plans but they are so little money compared to what devs on patreon make that japanese are really keen on finishing their games. Normally Technobrake would fall under this category, but with the massive amount of money he made with patreon and ci-en he is just chilling since he doesn't want to rush such a gold mine if subscribers don't actually pressure him. That is what makes it so sad, since there are not many japanese devs who milk production, they usually finish their games even if they are not totally on par (e.g. D-lis just went full no money mode for 2 years to finish his game and release it, and it was awesome af).

Sonicfanx1

Jun 16, 2017

A polished AAA game usually doesn't have sex though, but I see your point. I don't agree with it though since buying and paying for a complete product is different to subscribing and supporting a Patreon game. It's more like buying an early access game, except you don't get permanent access to updates so it's worse in a sense.

I think the difference between the two though is that you're taking a more active role in sponsoring the game's development when you pay monthly for Patreon which means you know you're going to dump an increasing amount of money the longer development takes. If you don't like how long the game is taking, you could always unsubscribe to the Patreon. It's your money and sunk-cost fallacy should always be avoided.

And the whole point of Patreon is to sponsor/support creators, not purchase things from them. That's what store fronts like DMM and Steam are for. If you're paying for the game on Patreon and not paying to see it be completed, then there's probably money better spent elsewhere.

But at the same time, I'm on a piracy website. You're on a piracy website. I don't know and I don't think you're subscribed to Technobrake's patreon so I don't think we have that much of a right to criticize how long the game's taking to make.

larrylaile1

Jan 20, 2021
Oh, no. I'm not trying to criticize supporting Patreon. After all, without Patreon support, devs wouldn't be creating any games at all, and TechnoBreak does release updates at a steady pace (which is much better than some devs). I was just stating that for those who have been complaining about how long each release/update take and it's cost. In any case, TechnoBreak tend to release his games for sale for a fixed price on a erogame JP website upon completion so it's easily accessible by those not willing to do the monthly thing. Price point wise, it isn't expensive (usually), but that might have something to do with what the dev has earned so far via Patreon etc.

*Edit: Also to note, when you sub to TechnoBreak on Patreon on the highest tier, you aren't just subbing for a single game. They work on many projects (at the same time).

Reactions: Sonicfanx1

Vakalo

Modder
Mar 5, 2021
translation
Hey, it's TechnoBrake.

I upgraded to OpenChat Plus to check out GPT-4, but honestly, I've only used it to argue with the AI about whether or not a female warrior wearing bikini armor would be sweaty.

Anyway, after waiting for a month and a half, I'm excited to announce that the latest NymPri update, version 0.50, is finally out!

As I mentioned in my last post, I wanted to progress the story, but I had to make some changes. So, I moved the erotic event I planned for 0.51 to 0.50 and swapped the content around.

Now, let's get into the update for version 0.50:

[Update Contents]

- Added new equipment and skills
- Priest - Church in the slums
- Priest - Yarizo Lvl3 Inn outside the capital
- Potion maker - 3 Lvl5 events
- Iris - 3 bad endings
- Succubus in the red-light district - 6 events (conclusion)

Oh, and by the way, I also added 18 new erotic illustrations.

3.50 star(s) 74 Votes