Others Completed Oathbreaker [Final] [Rinmaru Games]

4.80 star(s) 4 Votes

Alfre4u

Dec 1, 2018
Will give a try if NSFW version is put up otherwise understandable if not done Just got far to many things to play/read as is and never see any great games that take content out even if this one least smart enough assumingly with how it handled.
(though slightly odd Ch.2 did get nsfw, maybe because the graphics better there or just getting more attention?).

Noxissa

Jul 29, 2017
Is there a way to do the "Touch of Ice" mixture correctly?

Edit: I did something in one of my attempts where she said it looked good, it just needed honey from the kitchen... but I can't recall what I did and I haven't been able to repeat it.

Edit 2: Okay, it worked when I...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Necrosian

Jul 26, 2017
Is there a way to do the "Touch of Ice" mixture correctly?

Edit: I did something in one of my attempts where she said it looked good, it just needed honey from the kitchen... but I can't recall what I did and I haven't been able to repeat it.
It needs 2 crystals. Everything else is as written.

PoEbalu

Apr 27, 2017
Jesus fucking Christ! take this game as prime example how NOT to write your script,fucking awful.
the whole game all the crucial info is abstained from the player,yes ONLY the player,not the characters.
they know EVERYTHING,you know NOTHING and never will. nothing is explained,and when something is about to be explained BLACK SCREEN TIME SKIP,fucking what mate ?? an hour in and my head hurt and want to delete it. who thought it will be a brilliant idea to hide ALL the info you MUST know from the start,then bombard you with new one,that req. the base info be known to even comprehend what the fuck they are talking about and keep pilling up and at some point you just got enuff of this bullshit.
/rant

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Jesus fucking Christ! take this game as prime example how NOT to write your script,fucking awful.
the whole game all the crucial info is abstained from the player,yes ONLY the player,not the characters.
they know EVERYTHING,you know NOTHING and never will. nothing is explained,and when something is about to be explained BLACK SCREEN TIME SKIP,fucking what mate ?? an hour in and my head hurt and want to delete it. who thought it will be a brilliant idea to hide ALL the info you MUST know from the start,then bombard you with new one,that req. the base info be known to even comprehend what the fuck they are talking about and keep pilling up and at some point you just got enuff of this bullshit.
/rant
Everything you need to know is told throughout the story, nothing is left out.

Raelan's dad summoned a demon when he was king. The MC, Alwenn and Virion fought it along with thousands of others, in the end only a few hundred survived and the MC used her magic essence to bind the demon meaning now she uses her life to cast spells.

Roll on to present day Raelan is now king and the Elf king of a different nation is trying to free the bound demon thus sparking off the current war.

As to past events, MC was used in a ritual to bring a divine (their gods) to life. She was to be the sacrifice and her sister was to be the divines vessel. MC chickened out and didn't want to die so stabbed her sister through the heart and ran away.

MC is a Warlock not a mage (Warlocks are seen as heretics and pretty evil) so is being used by the council to shame the king so the council can put their puppet, kings uncle, in his place and control the crown.

It's not hard to follow.

Elsitopian

Jul 24, 2020
/rant
Every term is basic d&d. What's so complex about it? The script is written similar to how many fantasy writers go about their books. In what medium the entire plot is handed to you in the first fifteen minutes?

bakasto

Apr 22, 2017
/rant
t.you.jpg

PoEbalu

Apr 27, 2017
Every term is basic d&d. What's so complex about it? The script is written similar to how many fantasy writers go about their books. In what medium the entire plot is handed to you in the first fifteen minutes?
sorry for not bein' born with all dnd tomes up my arse out there,my bad.
right,every single work out there bombard you with terms,words and other shit in first 15 minutes and not bother to eleborate untill second half of the game. even then, vaguely and holding out as best as it could.

Roll on to present day Raelan is now king and the Elf king of a different nation is trying to free the bound demon thus sparking off the current war.
that was no brainer,but it was hard to follow up and only made me confused and lost,also angry because it tells you and you understand shit,untill they say.
Raelan's dad summoned a demon when he was king. The MC, Alwenn and Virion fought it along with thousands of others, in the end only a few hundred survived and the MC used her magic essence to bind the demon meaning now she uses her life to cast spells.
and that was somewhere chapters later,what the fuck. for a whole 2 chapters i was sitting with WAT face since i was the only one who couldnt understand shit,since no knowledge or context given whatsoever and this is fucking bad.

chapter 3 and they ONLY NOW starting to make sense. why the fuck i must sit there and hurt my brain trying to comprehend their incoherent babbling ? trying to remember shit i dont even understand so wont lost track of events or what the fuck is going on at all.

Last edited:

Elsitopian

Jul 24, 2020
Those are English words, man. Don't strain yourself if it's too much.
right,every single work out there bombard you with terms,words and other shit in first 15 minutes and not bother to eleborate untill second half of the game.
No, every book that's ever written comes with a terminology guide.

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
right,every single work out there bombard you with terms,words and other shit in first 15 minutes and not bother to eleborate untill second half of the game. even then, vaguely and holding out as best as it could.

that was no brainer,but it was hard to follow up and only made me confused and lost,also angry because it tells you and you understand shit,untill they say.
and that was somewhere chapters later,what the fuck. for a whole 2 chapters i was sitting with WAT face since i was the only one who couldnt understand shit,since no knowledge or context given whatsoever and this is fucking bad.

chapter 3 and they ONLY NOW starting to make sense. why the fuck i must sit there and hurt my brain trying to comprehend their incoherent babbling ? trying to remember shit i dont even understand so wont lost track of events or what the fuck is going on at all.
It's pretty obvious you aren't their target audience.

It's no different than most fantasy novels and the story and setting builds up over time.

You get the characters and an event that is happening. As the story builds up you find out more about those characters and what led to the event.

Of course you are expected to remember everything, it's a story, that's how they work. You get information, the story goes on, the information makes sense. It's pretty basic.

It certainly isn't for everyone, their target seems to be fans of the fantasy genre as it does get quite in depth with the whole magic thing especially in Oathbreaker 2 when divine champions come into it.

If you aren't getting into it then it's not for you, it's not an issue, not all stories are for everyone.

PoEbalu

Apr 27, 2017
It's no different than most fantasy novels and the story and setting builds up over time.
i've played almost all RPGs there are. divinity series,nwn,BG,kotor etc. none of them as i can remember throw dead weight at you in form of useless info and act like you are that guy,who slept thought whole class and teacher calling you to answer a question to which only YOU dont know the answer,but the whole class does. in RPGs you AS WELL AS 70% character dont know shit,especially PC,and if he does GAME DOES NOT WITHHOLD this knowledge and give it to you when need,like in Witcher series,it doesnt wait 3 games to tell you something that was happened and the beginning of the first game,it tells you pretty much straight away or give very obvious hints. IT GIVES YOU SMOTHING. this game deosnt. it only give straight answers HALF WAY thought,untill then you sit on pointless knowledge wtfing all this time.

Meryl

Dec 17, 2019
I notice the NSFW version is consistently freezing at random points. Can't progress, exit to menu, or anything. The previous SFW version I was able to play through fine. I'm wondering if perhaps some files are missing/botched between the two versions?

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
i've played almost all RPGs there are. divinity series,nwn,BG,kotor etc.
That's great....... none of those are fantasy novels.

untill then you sit on pointless knowledge wtfing all this time.
You keep typing like it's an issue for everyone, you are the one with the problem here, not all of us.

Not trying to get at you but I enjoyed it, I didn't have any problems or get confused. I know how novels work, i've read enough of them to know things get cleared up as they go on.

Still stand by what I said earlier, it's obviously not for you.

Getting annoyed with a story and constantly ranting isn't getting you anywhere. You made your point, you didn't enjoy it, I don't know what else to say.

It's at the point where we realise we don't like something most of us move on and find something else.

Carrying on won't help, Oathbreaker 2 picks up 3 years after this one with more information about what happened in those 3 years leaking out slowly so you'll have the same issue there.

Elsitopian

Jul 24, 2020
i've played almost all RPGs there are. divinity series,nwn,BG,kotor etc. none of them as i can remember throw dead weight at you in form of useless info and act like you are that guy,who slept thought whole class and teacher calling you to answer a question to which only YOU dont know the answer,but the whole class does. in RPGs you AS WELL AS 70% character dont know shit,especially PC,and if he does GAME DOES NOT WITHHOLD this knowledge and give it to you when need,like in Witcher series,it doesnt wait 3 games to tell you something that was happened and the beginning of the first game,it tells you pretty much straight away or give very obvious hints. IT GIVES YOU SMOTHING. this game deosnt. it only give straight answers HALF WAY thought,untill then you sit on pointless knowledge wtfing all this time.
I'm honestly trying to understand what exactly you couldn't grasp that made you this mad. Divinity doesn't get into the seven gods lore until the very end of the game, BG definitely throws dead weight at you from the beginning, Kotor's lore isn't explained properly unless you read the books. Don't even get me started on Elder Scrolls and deep lore.
I personally find this writing style delightful. It reminds me of the Discworld series.
Play something else if it's making you miserable.

PoEbalu

Apr 27, 2017
You keep typing like it's an issue for everyone, you are the one with the problem here, not all of us.
no,nor all of "us" are vocal about it. at least not here.

Not trying to get at you but I enjoyed it
Getting annoyed with a story and constantly ranting isn't getting you anywhere. You made your point, you didn't enjoy it, I don't know what else to say.
how's your enjoyment of the game will get to me ? good for you.
neither i said i hate it,it's you people for whatever reason made this assumption. also,i literally said at what point of the game my problem went away. i only have problem with information deliverance,it suck.

Play something else if it's making you miserable.
from where you made this assumption ? it's not me who assume stuff and then write based on baseless assumptions. even tho i write very specifically regarding them and it went ignored.
I'm honestly trying to understand what exactly you couldn't grasp that made you this mad. Divinity doesn't get into the seven gods lore until the very end of the game, BG definitely throws dead weight at you from the beginning, Kotor's lore isn't explained properly unless you read the books. Don't even get me started on Elder Scrolls and deep lore.
yes,you know what do they have in common,which this game does not ? KNOWLEDGE. PC is clueless as player is and you explore game world TOGETHER. game does not ACT like player should know stuff from the get go.

I'm honestly trying to understand what exactly you couldn't grasp that made you this mad.
chapter 3 and they ONLY NOW starting to make sense. why the fuck i must sit there and hurt my brain trying to comprehend their incoherent babbling
like, it's literally there.

I notice the NSFW version is consistently freezing at random points. Can't progress, exit to menu, or anything. The previous SFW version I was able to play through fine. I'm wondering if perhaps some files are missing/botched between the two versions?
redownload ,maybe corrupted. i have no problems whatsoever. if you are playing SFW saves,then that's maybe the problem since there maybe difference with variables.

4.80 star(s) 4 Votes