2.50 star(s) 2 Votes

deekinftw

Mar 22, 2018
Point of discussion on definition. What's the difference?

I'd call this a fan translation because while yes, he's using an MTL translation as a base reference, he's using his own words and rephrasing the ideas as his own. For me, I'd say an "edited MTL" is basically an MTL that is slightly adjusted for clarity - a quick scan to see if there's gibberish text and making it coherent. It's what CERTAIN individuals do to on this site to avoid the 'MTL' stigma. However, instead of that handcrafted feel by a native English speaker for grammar, syntax, slang/vernacular, and context, it's very clear that an "edited MTL" is something that took someone about a day to create, while a fan-translation can easily take weeks or months. Hell, I can just change a single word in an MTL that I batch translated in T++ (taking about 2 minutes), and it'd be just the same as if I spent months going through line by line and playing through the game/RPGM (taking months) in that simple definition of "edited MTL".

I suppose you can argue that fan translations are strictly translations from native Japanese speakers who are NOT professionals. However, then I'd say that none of us here are fan-translators because there are very few of us who speak Japanese fluently, and even fewer who would want to translate for fun without pay. And that includes me, because even though I nearly completely rewrite many lines when I translate, I don't speak Japanese fluently, and my "fan-translations" would be considered localizations in that definition. Semantics aside, I think "fan translations" are just that - a translation from a fan that ISN'T an MTL.

My point is that, by labeling this an "edited MTL", it's discrediting to the translator who worked hard to differentiate their translation from an easily made MTL. Furthermore, if we categorize fan-translations as "edited MTLs", then we're simply subsuming translations into two, maybe three groups - MTLs, edited MTLs (by fan translators), and professionally made translations (whether localized by professional translators like Kagura or by the devs' translators themselves) - which leaves a vast range to the degrees of competency of edited MTLs (as demonstrated in my first paragraph).
There's already a job that actually does fit the description for what fan translators who are actually just editing MTL is called. An editor. You lot aren't translators, you're editors. And that's fine. You can even call yourself good ones if you'd like, certainly a number of people would agree. But let's call a spade a spade here.

Edited MTL is just that. Edited MTL. Not a fan translation. Words mean things, don't get it twisted. The point stands.
I know accuracy isn't exactly valued by those of you who do this anyhow (:P), so you could call it a fan edit instead (or even a fan rewrite) if the edited MTL label bothers you so much.

Bolt237

Apr 24, 2020
Point of discussion on definition. What's the difference?

I'd call this a fan translation because while yes, he's using an MTL translation as a base reference, he's using his own words and rephrasing the ideas as his own. For me, I'd say an "edited MTL" is basically an MTL that is slightly adjusted for clarity - a quick scan to see if there's gibberish text and making it coherent. It's what CERTAIN individuals do to on this site to avoid the 'MTL' stigma. However, instead of that handcrafted feel by a native English speaker for grammar, syntax, slang/vernacular, and context, it's very clear that an "edited MTL" is something that took someone about a day to create, while a fan-translation can easily take weeks or months. Hell, I can just change a single word in an MTL that I batch translated in T++ (taking about 2 minutes), and it'd be just the same as if I spent months going through line by line and playing through the game/RPGM (taking months) in that simple definition of "edited MTL".

I suppose you can argue that fan translations are strictly translations from native Japanese speakers who are NOT professionals. However, then I'd say that none of us here are fan-translators because there are very few of us who speak Japanese fluently, and even fewer who would want to translate for fun without pay. And that includes me, because even though I nearly completely rewrite many lines when I translate, I don't speak Japanese fluently, and my "fan-translations" would be considered localizations in that definition. Semantics aside, I think "fan translations" are just that - a translation from a fan that ISN'T an MTL.

My point is that, by labeling this an "edited MTL", it's discrediting to the translator who worked hard to differentiate their translation from an easily made MTL. Furthermore, if we categorize fan-translations as "edited MTLs", then we're simply subsuming translations into two, maybe three groups - MTLs, edited MTLs (by fan translators), and professionally made translations (whether localized by professional translators like Kagura or by the devs' translators themselves) - which leaves a vast range to the degrees of competency of edited MTLs (as demonstrated in my first paragraph).
He admitted he changed a bunch of things without actually knowing the source text, to the point of possibly "overstepping the bounds of what a translation should be". We're entering rewrite territory here.

iamreek

Nov 25, 2017
Futa - 1 enemy futa, okay rape scene. 1 enemy that turn her into a futa for a self tit fuck/masturbation scene, meh scene.

Reactions: leechurch

lukee12345

Sep 4, 2021
why games like where this kind of characters and decently good art is always lack luster and not some loli games

KingsRaiden

Engaged Member
Jan 4, 2017
It was meh like most FlowLighter games, this one feels like you really needed to go out of your way for the lewds. Unless that was the translation.

f9account

Engaged Member
Mar 20, 2020
That is really funny as I used this game as an attempt at uncensoring the game using AI. I did uncensor it but with a lot of fixing things in Photoshop and the results are... decent. The style of the model is different compared to the original artist so it looks a bit weird. Not too sure if I like it more compared to the censored version.
That sounds interesting. May we please see some of your efforts?

Justaguy76

Nov 18, 2018
Is anyone having issues with sound while playing the game? The audio played without any problems and now there's no sound at all.

Mor34R

Nov 18, 2023
:HideThePain:Пиздец...I don’t know about you, but everything works for me, thanks for the translation, of course, but all the art in the gallery is lost, there is no scene with goblins and others~
Share pls the patch for joiplay

2.50 star(s) 2 Votes