2D (OC) Mira's Art Practice Log

Jan 7, 2022
The Twitter poll from a few days ago went well, so I've been putting my art practice time into a Phase 1 version of last weeks character:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

If you want to jump in on the fun you can go like/retweet ! Is it a shameless act exercise to generate extra engagement? Absolutely! Is it fun? Yes!

In other news I've got the new minified work outfit art finished up today - I'll be posting a preview of that in a couple of days!
Love the new art, hehe but can’t we make the bra size 38F? I’m surprised no one else suggested this :BootyTime:

Reactions: MetaMira

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
Love the new art, hehe but can’t we make the bra size 38F? I’m surprised no one else suggested this :BootyTime:
Oh don't worry, we'll get there (and further)! Assuming, that is, ends up with a couple more likes or retweets - Just 5 and 3 respectively!

• Red Heart
Reactions: ReShadowDancer

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
I've got a fun preview for A Very Full House Today: A new minified work outfit!

This will have the "Very Revealing" outfit tag attached to it, and I'll be adding a few event paths that require that tag to trigger. I'm also planning to add a few interactions with the principal that will be part of unlocking this outfit. I'm very excited to make a slutified version (ie. absolutely minimal, basically useless as clothing) of this in the future, but other outfits are going to get some love first.

Jan 7, 2022
I'm very excited to make a slutified version (ie. absolutely minimal, basically useless as clothing) of this in the future, but other outfits are going to get some love first.
THIS!!!!! Damn I really can’t wait. Too much blue balling. :HideThePain:

I have high expectations for the next work outfit as well & I hope you will once again surprise us all with it. Fuck I really can’t wait :ROFLMAO:

• Red Heart
Reactions: Skyler and MetaMira

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
I've been busy working on new writing for AVFH, plus squeezing in some drawing work for my ongoing bimbofication practice art series. I've started in on the final shading for the phase 2 art and should be done in a day or two - I'll share that at the same time it goes up on Twitter! In the meantime enjoy this quick sketch I made!

Once this bimbofiction series has run it's course I really need to spend some time perfecting dicks and cum. I'll figure out some sort of interactive event to do at the same time - I've had a ton of fun with this bimbo one!

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
As promised (plus or minus a day) I'm back with the next stage of my ongoing Bimbofication Twitter game! If you want to help the streak keep going you can and leave a like or a retweet - remember, only you can force me to keep drawing bimbo art!

Oh, and I also did a pinup version that I might make into a phone background for A Very Full House. I did a little experimenting with colour shifting and ended up with a blonde version too. Here's both of those:

In AVFH news I'm focusing on new writing for the moment. Progress is a little slower than I had hoped because Baldur's Gate 3 is SO GOOD, but I'm chewing through my to-do list bit by bit.

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
I worked on an unusual practice project today, but it was an important one for keeping my skills sharp: I made a Discord bot! Over on I had wanted a way to reward people who posted cool things, and I decided to sit down and make a bot to track fake internet points that I handed out. That bot, MetalMira, allows me to give out "Good Boy Points", gives out GBP automatically to posts that receive reactions, and allows users to look up their current GBP amount.

The real reason for taking the time for this project (beyond it just being fun) was to practice some programming skills that don't come up much when working in Ren'py. I got to dip my toes into asynchronous function calls and do some light database work, all of which was very good practice.

I'll probably add some silly ways to spend your GBP in the future - maybe letting people vote in polls with them or send special messages or something - but for now they're as useful as Reddit karma with a way smaller audience.

Of course my bot needed a profile picture, so I spent a little bit of time making a robot Mira version. I guess this counts for my practice art today:

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
Slightly late update here, but for a good reason: I've been getting a bunch of stuff done! I've been hammering away at new events involving the Principal (he's getting an event that unlocks the new minified work outfit), and I also took detour to add a fun new clothing set. I've put out an exclusive teaser for the new clothing , but I'll say it's a titilating addition!

Lots of writing still to get done, so my practice art is on the back burner for the moment. If all goes well I'm planning to release v0.17 on Monday night/Tuesday morning, so keep an eye out for that!

• Love

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
Looking for the release immediately (or some immediate release)? Here are the links!

Major Update Features

• New Minified Work Outfit! Push the dress code to it's absolute limit with a new minified work outfit, complete with mini-skirt, tiny dress "shirt", and a single herculean button!
  • New Pushup Bra (and matching panties)! Give your MILF'y boobs the support they deserve with a new lingerie set purchasable from the mall. ALL of the existing outfits allow now have art support for perky, lifted boobs as well. Mix and match this underwear set and find out which outfit combos look the best!
  • New Written Events! A new event chain with the principal has been added to unlock the minified work outfit. That tiny outfit can also lead to a new weekly chore if you don't keep your boss under control! Some small interactions have been scattered through the game to make things feel a little more reactive to what you're doing, too.
  • Mod Support Improvements! Required mod parameters, fixed menu ID's, improved example mods, and (embarrassingly) some bug fixes all contribute to an even better modding experience!
Screenshots

Changelog
  • Added short principal introduction event (will not trigger if you've already met him in a saved game.
  • Updated Jock massage event to give more stress relief, particularly if you were horny and climaxed.
  • Added "associated_mod" variable to modded entries class. Related entries will only trigger if the associated mod is enabled.
  • Refactored example mod to inject patron content options using ModdedMenuOption, instead of being hard coded.
  • Patreon content menu now has explicit menu_id "patron_content_menu" to allow other mods to inject content reliably.
  • Added explicit menu IDs for all NPC interaction menus. Generally in the form of "[name]_interact_menu".
  • Added menu IDs for all NPC texting menus. Generally in the form of "[name]_text_menu".
  • Added menu IDs for several common clickable items: front door, pool, closet, dresser, lawnchair, couch, basement_boxes, study_door, sewing_machine.
  • Added new minified work outfit.
  • Added event chain to unlock minified work outfit.
  • Added new outfit inspection interaction with the Principal (new chore).
  • Added new pushup bra and matching panties.
  • Added some basic interactions with the Principal.
  • Added minor Jock texting event after gloryhole is unlocked.
  • Added some basic texting interactions with the Principal.
  • Added corruption tags for Principal (should be enough to get him up to CL 3)
  • Added Bully tease branch while wearing a "Very Revealing" outfit.

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
While v0.17 has been out in the wild I've been doing some art practice! I was trying out two new things with this bit of art: A new shading technique, and Clip Studio's time lapse feature.

The new shading technique had me doing the entire image in greyscale (actually slightly coloured so it could be hue-shifted easily). In theory this helps me keep the shading consistent between each piece of the image, regardless of how light or dark the material will be in the end. I ended up doing a second lighting/shadow pass at the very end, but I think the experiment was generally successful!

I also tried out Clip Studio's time lapse feature. I was expecting some sort of adding complexity for it, but it just sort of... worked perfectly? It was so easy I feel silly not trying it out earlier! I'll likely be using this a lot more in the future, it's a fantastic bonus post for Patreon or Twitter or something any time I spend time drawing. The one place I won't be using it are the character models for A Very Full House - the timelapse makes the file significantly bigger and those files are already pretty hefty by themselves.

That's all for today - I want to be a little more diligent about my art routine, so I'll be back in two days with something to share!

Jan 7, 2022
While v0.17 has been out in the wild I've been doing some art practice! I was trying out two new things with this bit of art: A new shading technique, and Clip Studio's time lapse feature.

The new shading technique had me doing the entire image in greyscale (actually slightly coloured so it could be hue-shifted easily). In theory this helps me keep the shading consistent between each piece of the image, regardless of how light or dark the material will be in the end. I ended up doing a second lighting/shadow pass at the very end, but I think the experiment was generally successful!

I also tried out Clip Studio's time lapse feature. I was expecting some sort of adding complexity for it, but it just sort of... worked perfectly? It was so easy I feel silly not trying it out earlier! I'll likely be using this a lot more in the future, it's a fantastic bonus post for Patreon or Twitter or something any time I spend time drawing. The one place I won't be using it are the character models for A Very Full House - the timelapse makes the file significantly bigger and those files are already pretty hefty by themselves.

That's all for today - I want to be a little more diligent about my art routine, so I'll be back in two days with something to share!
Hey MetaMira ,

Like you said, 0.17 was really wild & hot :love:.
I loved the new work outfit and the events leading to it. I was waiting for this for a quite a while & I’m really happy with the update. I really wanted to comment on the day you posted the game here but was busy with work and only got to play the game yesterday :cry::confused: but I really enjoyed the game.

Coming back to the above post, as a staunch follower & lover of this game, I’m really happy to see you improving the art work.
This is really really good. I don’t know much about art or shading or stuff but this does look better than your previous pics.
I hope you use it in the game sometime later.

Also, I have a suggestion. You see your character art in the game is really good but the backgrounds are kinda blurry.
For example the bedroom, living room, lockers in school etc.

Like how should I say :unsure: ?
Like they are not sharp. It’s like they are coloured from a crayon and there is a lack of definition.

I know it would probably take a long time to re work but maybe you can use AI like mid journey to redo the background images. I think there is an option to upload existing images ans get a better version of the images in same/different format. I’m not sure but you can explore this, maybe it will help.

Also, in the main thread someone created a walkthrough mod which adds the walkthrough app in the phone with the faces of all main characters. It is easy to track events & is really convenient. It made the game play lot easier.
I think you should just add it in the game officially yourself. I think people will really like it.

Anyway just wanted to help & its upto you,
Love you work like always and looking forward for the next updates :)
God Speed..!!!

• Red Heart
Reactions: MetaMira

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
I promised some practice art, and I'm here to deliver! Here's a WIP drawing featureing everyone's favourite short stack goblin Yark! She's go-to when I'm not sure what to draw, or when I want to have silly cock-to-girl proportions - you can guess which one it was this time!

This ended up being inspired by Baldur's gate. I just reached the Underdark and wandered into a pair of minotaur. "No problem" I thought - then got absolutely BODIED by them multiple times in a row. We'll see if Yark is able handle this her minotaur friend with more grace than I did!

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
Finishing up my art practice today with shading and detail work!

In retrospect I wish I had done something more visible with her arms - I'm imagining them tucked behind her back, but the pose doesn't read particularly well. If I was doing it again I would have put them under her torso with her hands visible between her legs.

Next up I'm probably going to be working on art for A Very Full House. The currently has cumshot art and new event writing neck and neck, so there's a good chance I'll need to do some sloppy liquids practice!

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
Lots of work going on for A Very Full House over the last few days, and not much art practice time as a result. I've got a sketch in the works (following up on my bimbofication series which hit the required number of likes/retweets!), so I'll show off how that's going in a couple days.

In lieu of an art update I can give a game design one! I've been working on a system that allows for chores to be automated - i.e. delegated to a specific NPC so they will perform it automatically without needing to be told and without needing to spend Control. Each NPC is going to be getting an interaction menu that lists out the chores that you can permanently* assign to them.

Once you've selected a chore you'll have a short flavour interaction, then you have to choose what permanent reward you'll give them in exchange. The early game options are straight forward: you start paying them an allowance. The fun begins when you've unlocked the sex chore for that NPC: you can start making promises to give them specific types of service on a regular basis. Right now the additional options are for handjobs, blowjobs, and titfucks.

I've got all of the core code finished, and now just have ton of writing to do for all of the conversations. It's straight forward writing, so I'm expecting to make rapid progress on it. I'll report back soon and let you know if I'm right about that!

* Not 100% permanent. You can remove an NPC from a chore so another NPC (or yourself) can do it, ensuring you still have access to all of the events in the game. You'll have to keep providing all of the rewards you've promised - the boys aren't going to go back to masturbating like normal after you start taking care of them! - but you don't need to give them a new reward the next time you assign a chore to them.

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
I've been working on a lot of writing for Very Full House, but I snuck in some art practice time! Here's an early WIP look at the upcoming Bimbofication art!

In other AVFH news, I've just finished with all of the chore automation interactions/dialogue for the boys. Next up I'm going to be adding some basic chore automation for the girls (nothing spicy for the moment, just their actual chores like cleaning their rooms or doing laundry). The update is shaping up to be a good one!

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
It's been a few days about a week?! since my last art update! I've been focusing on a lot of writing and code work, but I've added a little bit of art for v0.18 and I thought I'd give you a sneak peek!

I'm rapidly finishing up with v0.18 and should have it ready for release in a couple of days. Right now I just have to finish up an event for the Nerd (which makes use of this new piece of art) and add some menus to let you unassign chores. That's all for now, hopefully I'll have some solid release news in a couple of days!

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
I am not keeping up with my practice log like I should! Oh well, I hope this will make it up to you: v0.18 of A Very Full House is live! You can go right now, and here's the full blurb for what is new this update:

Main Update Features

• Chore Automation! Tired of doing all those repetitive chores every week? Well now you can automate (most of) them! You can now assign your closest NPCs to chores permanently, without you needing to micro manage them every time the chore is available. Watch out though, because they'll expect something in return for all of their hard work, and they probably aren't interested in money!
  • New Events! Some new events have been scattered throughout the game! Text with the Bully after work, or assign Ethan to clean up and leave him alone to do his work. Some of the existing chore events have also had minor tweaks so they flow smoothly when automated.
  • New Art! It wasn't a focus for this update, but a couple new pieces of art have snuck their way into the game! Wear your skimpiest work outfit and you might end up with a new phone background, or walk in on Ethan while he's "cleaning" and get a glimpse of what he's using for motivation. There's also been some UI additions for chore automation, and the texting system has been made more flexible so I can write events that send or receive pictures.
Screenshots

Changelog

• Added Bully texting event after minified outfit tease event.
  • Added general Bully texting event.
  • MiraLive2D can now be handed a "static_frame" parameter. If True no animation will affect that frame, but outfit states still will.
  • Added chat option with Bully.
  • Added option to give Bully detention, even if he's done nothing wrong.
  • Added ChoreAutomation class. Holds information about who is responsible for a specific chore.
  • Added a whole bunch of conversation with the Nerd letting you automate chores.
  • Added list of rewards you can offer to the Nerd in exchange for automating chores.
  • Chores can only be automated once they have shown up on your chore list at least once.
  • Jock is now sent to a clickable when you tell him to skim the pool. Option to watch him work accessed from this clickable.
  • Added chore automation conversations to the Jock and the Slacker as well.
  • Chore app now displays indicator for automated chores.
  • Pinned chore list does not display automated chores.
  • Tidy events now send NPCs to new clickables (although they're in the same place... I swear this matters behind the scenes).
  • Added new walkin tidy event for Nerd if you assign him to clean Firebrand's room.
  • Added tiny texting event after Firebrand room tidy event.
  • And probably other stuff I forgot to write down while I worked on it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
Every time I say "I'll be posting more regularly" it seems like I take an even longer break! Oops! The goods news is I have some fun stuff to make up for my absence and prove that I was doing plenty of drawing. I've been putting all of my time into drawing some new art assets for the upcoming v0.19 of A Very Full House. The three big art features for the update are:
  • A cutdown outfit for Madison.
  • A variety of piercings for Madison.
  • A bunch of nipple piercing options for the MCILF!
Here's a preview .gif of the new nipple piercing options the MCILF is getting. Some of them are going to be patron exclusive until our MCILF has more corruption content to justify them, but I think you'll enjoy taking a look at them anyways.

I've finished up with all of the art I'll need for v0.19, so I've started doing some more practice sketching while working on the code and writing. Here's the WIP first panel of a little 2 panel comic I'm working on:

Clearly I need to practice faces in profile a little bit more, but I think the important tits bits turned out pretty well! Feel free to take a guess about what will be happening in part 2!

Reactions: Diod3 and Skyler

MetaMira

Game Developer
Sep 14, 2021
Quick art non-update for you all today! I've been doing Inktober prompts with some friends, doing daily art stuff based on some shared prompts. It's been great for forcing me to get my art practice in and practice styles and effects that I wouldn't normally try.

It's also all SFW stuff with non-porn related people, so you don't get to see any of it :p. You'll just have to take my word for it and trust that I've been getting my practice done in spades!

In other news, I'm working on closing out the next update for A Very Full House. The new nipple piercing art assets took longer than I budgeted, so I put up a poll on Patreon to see if people wanted v0.19 dropped with just the nipple art and minimal story/events, or if I should take an extra week to squeeze some more stuff in and make it a more substantial update. The vote seems to be overwhelmingly in favour of me taking an extra week, so some time around the 15th should be the v0.19 release date! I'll get you some preview pics of Madison's new outfit for my next update post!