4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

BakaG

Nov 26, 2016
dynamic gameplay, like having to select an answer in a time limit.
Please don't do that. Quick Time Events aren't "dynamic" they're a pestilence.

Edit: I just encountered your first use of that crap. Seriously, you put it right on the same page full of text and pictures that you have to read and scroll through? Do you expect people to read at 1000 WPM? Good lord.

It's a game inspired by "A Spell for All" so I hope to create a flawless open world system.
Considering what a mess that game is, with how utterly incomplete and shallow it is, I hope you aspire to exceed it not recreate it.

Just my two bits.

Last edited:

Meesteres

Game Developer
Apr 25, 2018

Edit: I just encountered your first use of that crap. Seriously, you put it right on the same page full of text and pictures that you have to read and scroll through? Do you expect people to read at 1000 WPM? Good lord.

Considering what a mess that game is, with how utterly incomplete and shallow it is, I hope you aspire to exceed it not recreate it.

Just my two bits.
Hey! Dev here.
Thanks for your criticism. The question appears only when you've finished the page. So basically when you scrolled completly down. I do understand how people can find things like that and finding the password for the pc. Rather pesky but I enjoy it. And the main goal is to create something I enjoy.

Greetings and Salutations

Last edited:
Reactions: Livididi

Meesteres

Game Developer
Apr 25, 2018
ugh anther one ? srsly man , there is already two games like dis with a similar overview i'll wait till there is more content in this and then give it a try after all everything is worth a try :D good luck buddy
Hey! Dev here.

I know there are 2 versions. I created then both. The first one is a demo, uploaded by an uploader and this is V0.1. Uploaded by me.

Aug 2, 2018
Don't mean to be rude but has this been spellchecked? The mis-spelling of character in the preview image kinda gives me an headache :LOL:

Meesteres

Game Developer
Apr 25, 2018
Don't mean to be rude but has this been spellchecked? The mis-spelling of character in the preview image kinda gives me an headache :LOL:
Hey! Dev here.

Please read the devnote. Everything still has to be checked.

Greetings and salutations
Meesteres

The Krypt Angel

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2019
Hey! Dev here.
Thanks for your criticism. The question appears only when you've finished the page. So basically when you scrolled completly down. I do understand how people can find things like that and finding the password for the pc. Rather pesky but I enjoy it. And the main goal is to create something I enjoy.

I have to agree the timing is a bit too unforgiving and I don't quite think it triggers only when you finish the page either because I personally failed it 5 times 3 of which were before I even scrolled down far enough to even see the link to the spell word spawn. Two more even tho I clicked the right word but I assume the timer ran out at the same time.

I understand completely that above all yer creating this game for your enjoyment so I won't tell you to not do QTE's but you are also releasing this to the public and A LOT of people hate them with a passion (myself included :)). So if/when you add more of them in the future you may want to work on making them more forgiving or consider providing an option to turn them off.

Meesteres

Game Developer
Apr 25, 2018
I have to agree the timing is a bit too unforgiving and I don't quite think it triggers only when you finish the page either because I personally failed it 5 times 3 of which were before I even scrolled down far enough to even see the link to the spell word spawn. Two more even tho I clicked the right word but I assume the timer ran out at the same time.

I understand completely that above all yer creating this game for your enjoyment so I won't tell you to not do QTE's but you are also releasing this to the public and A LOT of people hate them with a passion (myself included :)). So if/when you add more of them in the future you may want to work on making them more forgiving or consider providing an option to turn them off.

Hey! Dev here.

It's not something I think I'll be using too often but I will probably make the timing more forgiving, probably adding a few seconds. It will only be used in certain situations like what happened now. Criticism is always welcome and I'd love to hear some suggestions.

Meesteres

Rycharde's Realm

Jan 17, 2018
It's not something I think I'll be using too often but I will probably make the timing more forgiving, probably adding a few seconds. It will only be used in certain situations like what happened now. Criticism is always welcome and I'd love to hear some suggestions.
I read very slowly having to retrace to previous locations to get the gist of what I just read, thus use a TTS -- this a medical issue. Using this timed reading will make it impossible for me to get through. If you could put in the settings a way of turning this feature off I will be grateful.

Reactions: BakaG

Meesteres

Game Developer
Apr 25, 2018
I read very slowly having to retrace to previous locations to get the gist of what I just read, thus use a TTS -- this a medical issue. Using this timed reading will make it impossible for me to get through. If you could put in the settings a way of turning this feature off I will be grateful.
Hey! Dev here.

I didn't think of the possibility that some people may use TTS, sorry about that.

Here is a download link to play the game without the timed reading.

Enjoy!

Meesteres

gatekeeper8

Jul 3, 2017
game looks like it is going to be great so i cant wait!

also i have dysgraphia which is alot like what you have so i really respect the fact your not letting that stop you from making this game and hope to see it finished. i know from personal experience the increased difficultly that comes with these illnesses makes it hard to want to do things that involve writing so im glad to see your not letting that get you down.

Reactions: Meesteres

gatekeeper8

Jul 3, 2017

Just my two bits.
its incomplete and shallow because its a first release. and as far as first releases go its about what you would expect. there are some games that come out with insane first releases that have tons of content but those games almost never get finished because people start to expect that with every release which over works the developer untill he looses interest in the project. when this game reaches the same amount of time in development as asfa it will likely have just as much content.

i agree on the whole quick time events thing. personally i never understood why developers put in a ton of grinding or qte to either artificially inflate play time or create the feeling of urgency where none is needed. way i see it id rather have a short calm game than a 3 hour long game with only 30 minutes of actual content that makes it so i have to rush my self to do certain things instead of just letting me go at my own pace. i mean the ammount of time that is usually spent on these things in the first place could be used instead on creating more scenes or expanding on the story. the company is a great example of this. its a great game with great scenes and great story but devolpment on the game is constantly being slowed down due to them implementing new systems that honestly dont do much to make the game any better. im convinced we would already have chapter 4 by now if it was not for the stupid comment system they have been working on so that npcs notice and comment on your changes. its a neat system but we dont really need it.

Reactions: Meesteres
4.00 star(s) 1 Vote