• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Earliestbird

Game Developer
Sep 5, 2020
I started getting the following error when attempting to enter the temple after the 4th event:

Rich (BB code):
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/_adventure events.rpy", line 2318, in script
    if game.s5_event5_temple == 0:
  File "game/_adventure events.rpy", line 2440, in <module>
    elif game.s5_event5_temple == 4 and game.s5_event5_temple_daycount >= 50 and s5_event5_temple_classintro == False:
NameError: name 's5_event5_temple_classintro' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/_adventure events.rpy", line 2318, in script
    if game.s5_event5_temple == 0:
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1898, in execute
    if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2276, in py_eval
    return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 2269, in py_eval_bytecode
    return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/_adventure events.rpy", line 2440, in <module>
    elif game.s5_event5_temple == 4 and game.s5_event5_temple_daycount >= 50 and s5_event5_temple_classintro == False:
NameError: name 's5_event5_temple_classintro' is not defined

Windows-10-10.0.22621
Ren'Py 7.4.11.2266
Of Devotion and Despondence 0.2.11
Sun Jan 14 17:59:11 2024
Download the game again, there's a hotfixed version up.

Reactions: armion82

Parjana

Feb 19, 2022
It's pretty impressive what you can do with these AI visuals. I think you did a good job of blending it into a coherent experience.

Reactions: The counsel

Jdzavrat

Aug 28, 2020
The writing and story development is fantastic. I actually like the earlier versions better. It feels like the developer is beginning to lose his way.

Nozzle44

Dec 5, 2021
The game is still acting up when attending the classes in the temple of renewal... Also, when finishing the third dungeon, I don't receive the bonus card. Is there any chance to download a fixed version ?

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
defeated the third dungeon but didn't get a card.
The game is still acting up when attending the classes in the temple of renewal... Also, when finishing the third dungeon, I don't receive the bonus card. Is there any chance to download a fixed version ?
Yes,third dungeon don't bring a card.
This card.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

wivers

Jun 4, 2017
I got an error for the 5th (breeding) temple event, visit after 50 days:

1708335390229.png

Edit: if I then choose "ignore", I can proceed, but then encounter another error here:

1708335988955.png

Then again, "ignore" until this error:

1708336263053.png

There are others after, it's again the "KeyError: u'player_name_temple_class'", related I guess to the name of your character.
(I think I picked the first proposed name, "Ranes" I think. I had no issue until now).

My guess is: two variable in this event weren't written correctly, the character name variable and the "s5_envent5_temple_classintro".
Maybe you need to get rid of the word "temple", or "temple_class" or add "_" somewhere...

Edit: the "player name" error also occurred in the 6th visit (anal lesson)... And I just realized you posted about a hot-fixed version. I'll get it. (Not sure if it only fixes the first issue brought up earlier, or both, including the name).
Edit2: I got the fixed version, the first error is fixed, but not the second (the variable for the character's name, from the 5th even onward)

Last edited:
Reactions: Earliestbird

Jyunisan

Jun 13, 2017
Hands down the best writing in all the adult games I've ever played. Author did a fantastic job of creating very unique and fun character in the immersive, yet weird world. This is not just a game, this is a work of art.

Barrus

Dec 18, 2020
Is there a way to make the UI & text bigger? It's a bit of a strain of the eyes on my monitor.

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
Does the plot still end on the beach looking to travel to a new area? Is the fleshing out of area A enough to do another playthrough?

Lucid Lancer

May 29, 2018
what about optional femboys
Adding "optional" does not mean that will magically happen by itself, it does not change the fact that the dev still have to dedicate resources and time to make that "optional" content happen. I only speak for myself but i think that those resources and time are better focused and spent on creating the main content/tags of the game, according to the devs' vision whatever it may be.

Of course this applies to every single game, to me it's way better to move on from the game which is 10 hours long but only has 2 hours of player's preferred content because it only have your preferred tag/s as an optional thing, in other words- an utter waste of time, but that's just me.

Reactions: Muityek and Forinil
4.10 star(s) 35 Votes