AlexFenec

Nov 20, 2022
Alright, lets review ODaD again!

- The intro is still bad. You start a game and the first thing you get is a lot of various stats that a new player knows nothing about. What are Packs of Material? What can I craft with a Smelter? Having 1 extra Energy on even days gives me an extra action, right? Right?
* I feel like you could turn class selection into a Roguelike element: a new player is forced into the Mercenary class and reaching various Events unlocks more options. The Mercenary gives you combat stats only and combat is the first challenge you encounter.
- I didn't notice much changes before New Rozan. I went for a Fort/Phys build, something I expect an average player to try. It can't out-defend the challenges on the way to New Rozan but it can take them down before taking too much damage.
- Encountering a Bandit Leader on progress 2 in New Rozan is deadly. 2x10 damage per turn, 10 armor regen and 140 HP? With my 5 Phys and 5 Fort it would cost me lots of hp to defeat her. Armor Up is useless since she deals more damage than I recover. Attacks deal 15 damage and Cleave deals 9 damage so I can't use Cleave + 2 attacks to strip her Armor and activate Exposure. In the favorable scenario where I can always Attack or Parry at Head level and she never recovers her head armor, she would attack 9 times for 2x8.5 average damage (without Crit) and I could parry 4 times thanks to Clear Mind and natural regen. If I can parry 4x10, I would still be dealt 113 damage, 45 over my armor, despite the generous scenario.
* TL;DR: The Bandit Leader is an extreme jump in difficulty when you reach New Rozan, it's not beateable unless you have an optimized build or spend lots of health. I suggest adding an option to flee.

That's where I stopped for today. I will continue this run later and try to reach the new content.

Eonor

Sep 9, 2017
Updated my Android port for Of Devotion and Despondence to v0.2.9.

Got some basic gestures loaded in: swipe up for save menu, swipe down to hide UI, swipe left to rollback and swipe right to skip. Save files are now stored in the Documents folder. This sometimes means that you may need to close and re-open the port after installing so the save folder is properly created.

Please let me know if you encounter any issues with the port and I'll see what I can do to get them sorted.

Links: -

Reactions: gaimariy

Bse

Aug 1, 2019
ok dev not answer any ...! now we have game stuck in map and add all he forget to put in before... nice ! not really. so we can say he is add = to city and more may be fuck the vampire... and so one... ok at this point i dont care... what is come in future update .

moohoo

May 13, 2018
So I noticed this game has been tagged with furry. I played it way back when, but does it actually have a furry waifu now or is that just from one of the enemy pics?

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
OfDevotionAndDespondence-0.2.10
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Respected User
Donor
Aug 8, 2017
Well time to give this another try and see where it goes, is there anyway to have the text larger it is hard to read.

BupoTiling03-Retired

Modder
Jul 21, 2018
@Earliestbird You shouldn't use variables that match Python modules, such as time. They can't be pickled, eg. they can't be saved, so if a variable exists named the same as a Python module then it can prevent saving and throw an error (depends on version of Python if it'll run into that issue, can be present for some users but not others, mostly applicable to people that install Python and use system libraries). You can fix crashes occurring for Linux users as an example by using a different name other than time in _adventure events.rpy and _screens.rpy.

Last edited:

Eonor

Sep 9, 2017
Updated my Android port for Of Devotion and Despondence to v0.2.10.

Got some basic gestures loaded in: swipe up for save menu, swipe down to hide UI, swipe left to rollback and swipe right to skip. Save files are now stored in the Documents folder. This sometimes means that you may need to close and re-open the port after installing so the save folder is properly created.

Please let me know if you encounter any issues with the port and I'll see what I can do to get them sorted.

Links: -

4.10 star(s) 35 Votes