Earliestbird

Game Developer
Sep 5, 2020
When I finally died from essence exhaustion I had only 2 spots remaining:
1. the merchant who sells stuff for 15/15/100 essence
2. the wolf thing that competes with you for something that calls to you. (back row, second from the left)

I was at 4 HP, not from combat losses. but from essence losses. also just finishing day 18.
Yeah the game simply doesn't have enough content yet to warrant gameplay much longer than that. But I will be reducing essence drain and it won't be random anymore in the next patch.

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
Hi,

Is there a way to include an AI powered grinding and playing (while at the same time mine crypto:ROFLMAO:) so that it will fulfill all of the "anyone has 100% save? I just want to see the gallery/replay scenes." requests?:p

Sorry, I was joking. Anyway, great start with AI Generated Images, such a greenfield tech as compared to the tried and true oldschool renders. Very interesting development since the disruptive mainstream tech is also making wave into the adult scene, particularly this site.

Thank you for the share. All the best to the dev. Cheers.

Hazery

Mar 21, 2018
okay, there's literally nothing i could do right now sadly, when Raven is locked to only foraging because that's the only thing that yield essence and essence losing is insane, ranging from 3 essence/day to 6 essence/day in just day 28, can't even ask her to do something other than foraging

End day only have "A Tower on Nearby Cliff" location, and that's the only thing i can access, and i literally can't do anything there other than gazing around and doing nothing, nothing to hunt means it's always game over because after day 30 it's impossible to gain enough essence to sustain because it sometimes ask about 8 essence/day while raven can only gather up to 4 at max, everything will just end up as a gameover because there's literally nothing i could do

Pirata

Jun 11, 2017
Thank you, I am humbled my little game caught your interest.

May I ask which game version you played? When I realized how bad the v0.1 situation was, I quickly made some balance changes yesterday and released a newer version.
I was playing v 0.1.1 , an essence consumption of 1 or 2 would be much easier to maintain. Don't overwork yourself dev a lot of good games are never finished because the dev gets overwhelmed.

Reactions: Earliestbird
Oct 10, 2019
I usually do not comment on the issue of naming the MC but the strange name selection screen is probably the most unusual thing I have ever seen of the sort,
so I will say that to me it does not make any sense to give multiple names but not simply let the player input one,
I personally do not play any game with named protagonists so unless this changes I will not play this game,
still good luck to the dev I just wanted to point out that choosing from a pool of names is no different than being forced to a single name if none of the names are yours

Earliestbird

Game Developer
Sep 5, 2020
I usually do not comment on the issue of naming the MC but the strange name selection screen is probably the most unusual thing I have ever seen of the sort,
so I will say that to me it does not make any sense to give multiple names but not simply let the player input one,
I personally do not play any game with named protagonists so unless this changes I will not play this game,
still good luck to the dev I just wanted to point out that choosing from a pool of names is no different than being forced to a single name if none of the names are yours
Thanks for the feedback! I'll consider letting the player use a custom name, though it may time some time to implement since I have lots of other priorities right now.

Reactions: DougTheC
Oct 10, 2019
Thanks for the feedback! I'll consider letting the player use a custom name, though it may time some time to implement since I have lots of other priorities right now.
I was not asking for a change just stating my opinion,
still glad to have helped, I am not a dev so I do not know how difficult it would be to implement but I understand if you have other priorities it is your game so make it as you whish,
I was just pointing out that even 100 preset names or 1 it is virtually the same unless somehow your name is in the preset, so in the end just decide what kind of game you want to make,
a fixed name can fit better with a more linear narrative,
a custom name fits better with open ended sandbox especially if you can determine the personality of the MC trough choice in game,
still good luck and do not overwork yourself,
making things carefully now means less to correct and fix later

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
How did you do that?

hmm. I am guessing building outpost is how you managed to get her to do work? I never got enough resources to do that.
And I am guessing putting her to work is how you get resources to build the rest?

But, how did you even get enough materials to build it initially?
And how are you still alive with the essence cost to survive doubling every 10 days?
your day 101 essence cost should have been randomly either: 256 or 512 essence.

Earliestbird

Game Developer
Sep 5, 2020
How did you do that?

hmm. I am guessing building outpost is how you managed to get her to do work? I never got enough resources to do that.
And I am guessing putting her to work is how you get resources to build the rest?

And how are you still alive with the essence cost to survive doubling every 10 days?
On day 2 there’s a day event giving enough resources for Outpost (plus 5 stone needed from adventuring).

Essence drain increase is not multiplicative, only the base cost doubles (2,4,6,8…).
Still, it’s too much and will be reduced next patch.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
On day 2 there’s a day event giving enough resources for Outpost (plus 5 stone needed from adventuring).
There is an event on day 2. and it gave me a bunch of resources. but it was not sufficient for outpost. I just loaded my save and I see now that I was 5 stones short.

I guess I was supposed to try to acquire stones for it one the 2nd row leftmost explore target?
I instead farmed for hemp in an attempt to reach the pyre. since pyre is said to generate essence.
also because my stats were bad for stone mining so I felt it was likely i will fail to acquire the stone if i tried for it.

you should probably lock pyre behind outpost that you have to build outpost first.

Reactions: Earliestbird

Denchik12312

Jun 23, 2019
How did you do that?

Not easy enough, it took a lot of reloading saves.
I always tried to spend the essence to a minimum.
First you set up an outpost, then a training tools, and then a forged tools.
After build forged tools (give random skill +2), the raven always tried to get Visionary (each foraging give visionary +1 impish +1 (training tools) and +2 visionary (forged tools), thereby increasing the production of essence.
Each 20 Visionary+Impish points in total give 1 additional resource like hemp and essence of foraging.
Visionary gives also increase in hunting.
Well, then I saved up for the rest of the buildings

Reactions: mrttao

Baldur_von_Voss

Nov 24, 2020
Other than sex images, that is probably the greatest challenge (regarding image generation). In the future I'm hoping the community would come together so we have more material to work with. Stable Diffusion is extremely easy to use, but it takes so much time out of my day.

Good news is that I already have a growing library for the first character who I can't wait to write events for.

View attachment 2089216 View attachment 2089219 View attachment 2089220
Ohhh! I can't wait for her either.

Earliestbird

Game Developer
Sep 5, 2020
have you considered using custom stable diffusion models for characters? they can produce higher quality images, like these.
View attachment 2108423 View attachment 2108424
oooh those look nice, assuming the artstyle can be matched with the game...

But unfortunately it's a moot point because my PC sucks too much to use local Stable Diffusion setup (My 900 series nvidia card can't handle much). And Google Colab got nuked recently. So I'm left with the Unstable Diffusion discord bots for now.

hastolfo

Oct 23, 2019
oooh those look nice, assuming the artstyle can be matched with the game...

But unfortunately it's a moot point because my PC sucks too much to use local Stable Diffusion setup (My 900 series nvidia card can't handle much). And Google Colab got nuked recently. So I'm left with the Unstable Diffusion discord bots for now.
nuked?

Denchik12312

Jun 23, 2019
v 0.1.2: Starting a new game is probably required!
Balance changes:
- Daily essence drain is no longer random. It has been drastically reduced, staring at 1 and increasing by 1 every 10 days.
- Daily essence drain damage increased to 30 (from 20)
- "Bird location" Skill Check reduced to 20 (from 25)
THX

4.10 star(s) 35 Votes