JKuncl3

Jan 4, 2018
This needs a back button of some sort. Clicking on build or residents when there is nothing there leads to a blank screen from which you cannot escape. Until there is more content at the very least put an escape button that allows you to go back to a place from where you can continue playing.

I kind of want to play this to see what's there, but can't really figure out how to get beyond that initial screen. For example, what can you do if you view your character? I mean I cannot find anything to do beyond showing and hiding the inventory. If there's a button there to move the game forward, it's very well hidden.

Earliestbird

Game Developer
Sep 5, 2020
This needs a back button of some sort. Clicking on build or residents when there is nothing there leads to a blank screen from which you cannot escape. Until there is more content at the very least put an escape button that allows you to go back to a place from where you can continue playing.

I kind of want to play this to see what's there, but can't really figure out how to get beyond that initial screen. For example, what can you do if you view your character? I mean I cannot find anything to do beyond showing and hiding the inventory. If there's a button there to move the game forward, it's very well hidden.
You can close the screens with the right mouse button!

And uh... why is all the text black-and-white? That's not how it's supposed to look like, at least not on Windows (which is the only supported OS)

Denchik12312

Jun 23, 2019

And uh... why is all the text black-and-white? That's not how it's supposed to look like, at least not on Windows (which is the only supported OS)
1666132834100.png
I have everything displayed correctly
P.S.
At the expense of the marble temple, it would be possible to add a couple of animations for the third run with the founder?
I would really like to see her animations there

Jul 28, 2019
Seems to work fine on Linux, at least for me.

Renamed 'game.sh' and 'game.py' to 'Of_Devotion_and_Despondence.sh' and 'Of_Devotion_and_Despondence.py' respectively and gave execute permissions to Of_Devotion_and_Despondence.sh and /lib/linux-x86_64/Of_Devotion_and_Despondence.

Renpy natively supports both Windows and Linux so there shouldn't be any problems. Maybe just make those changes and note in the OP that the Linux version is unable to be tested by the developer? Probably need to also rename 'game.exe' to 'Of_Devotion_and_Despondence.exe' for windows compatability, but that's pretty standard to rename to the game's title anyways.

(If problems do arise the linux user base is generally both skilled and friendly enough to sort them out pretty quickly.)

Reactions: JohnF95zone

Earliestbird

Game Developer
Sep 5, 2020
Seems to work fine on Linux, at least for me.

Renamed 'game.sh' and 'game.py' to 'Of_Devotion_and_Despondence.sh' and 'Of_Devotion_and_Despondence.py' respectively and gave execute permissions to Of_Devotion_and_Despondence.sh and /lib/linux-x86_64/Of_Devotion_and_Despondence.

Renpy natively supports both Windows and Linux so there shouldn't be any problems. Maybe just make those changes and note in the OP that the Linux version is unable to be tested by the developer? Probably need to also rename 'game.exe' to 'Of_Devotion_and_Despondence.exe' for windows compatability, but that's pretty standard to rename to the game's title anyways.

(If problems do arise the linux user base is generally both skilled and friendly enough to sort them out pretty quickly.)
Good idea, I'll try that. And yeah, no testing since I don't know anything about linux and already have my hands full with windows as it is.

Reactions: feelotraveller

JKuncl3

Jan 4, 2018

It would have been nice to know that. Most other Renpy games the right mouse button leads to the save menu so that was not that intuitive. The text in black and white seems to be a setting in the preferences menu.

Bulk Biceps

Aug 3, 2020
Can you please add an option to skip a day without going out.

Also im not sure if its just me but after a while of playing the game seems to slow down quite a bit.

Reactions: Earliestbird

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Apr 6, 2018
:unsure: Interesting. AI art is something uncommon as of yet (in the area we're dealing in, anyways).
And the writing seems good. I'll wait it out a bit.
I hope the base images for the art aren't protected, that can still cause issues.

Zalzany

Apr 19, 2017
Ah yes, the age where the robots force-feed content up our butt have arrived.
Now people will finally stop using half baked arts and photoshop cutout and call it a product.
More like the age where we force feed AI to make lewds. I mean it was just a matter of time. I got a 3d printer and already discovered people are using genesis 2 models, and poses to make lewd sculptures with them lol. Make sense now why daz3d makes you pay for 3d printing license lol

But anyways this checks all my boxes, pregancy, sandbox male, no ntr, vaginal sex, because we don't need another game were jebus or whatever knocks up your harem you can't touch lol

Wolfdragon20

Nov 8, 2021
maybe this will be fixed in the next update but i'm currently stuck, i'm unable to keep up with the essence drain, and since i can't get net essence i can't progress

Reactions: paxogre

Earliestbird

Game Developer
Sep 5, 2020
Hey guys, there's no need to call each other names please keep it civil.

Wolfdragon20 Were you playing version 0.1 or 0.1.1? I understand the essence upkeep was too harsh so I reduced it drastically in the latest version (0.1.2).

It's now 1 essence per 10 days, which should be easily managable if you keep Raven on foraging and D'Alena can keep working any of the other professions.

Again, sorry about the balancing issues. Keep the (respectful) feedback coming and I'll try to adjust the game for everyone to have the best possible experience!

Denchik12312

Jun 23, 2019
Hey guys, there's no need to call each other names please keep it civil.

Wolfdragon20 Were you playing version 0.1 or 0.1.1? I understand the essence upkeep was too harsh so I reduced it drastically in the latest version (0.1.2).

It's now 1 essence per 10 days, which should be easily managable if you keep Raven on foraging and D'Alena can keep working any of the other professions.

Again, sorry about the balancing issues. Keep the (respectful) feedback coming and I'll try to adjust the game for everyone to have the best possible experience!
By the way, there is such an idea about getting random skills at work after built Forged tools/Quality gear. Mb to make it so that for a certain job those points were given that are required for this job, for example, hunting gave random points between Wild and Visionary.
Or just increase the points you get while working to 2 and 3 accordingly

And the second is not clear where to put procs (items) from job when there are several of them
1666440704100.png

Last edited:

Jarulf

Aug 9, 2020
I know Linux isn't listed as an OS, but has anyone managed to get it running?

Edit: I should probably have asked: Any chance of a Linux build Earliestbird ?

Last edited:
Reactions: nerogaf
4.10 star(s) 35 Votes