VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Off the Record [v0.4.2] [deadbeat]

1. 4.00 star(s)

horsemanuk

Based on Ep4 part 4. This is a really solid game and I am enjoying the story. I like the possible choices and girls so far and variety of women in the game. There is a good pace of getting it on with some girls early on vs every girl not jumping on the MCs dong as soon as they meet. I also appreciate the MC has been given a nice big dong. I really cant stand games where you have to play as a pin dick and somehow believe an uninteresting average joe would get so much action.

Some have complained at an unvoidable event in the story that involves 'graphic violence'. However, I'm cool with it and kind of enjoyed the twist in the plot.

Best of luck to the dev on this one, really hope it gets completed.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

CheerMaster

Review of Episode 4.

This has spoilers, you've been warned. I’ll keep it short.

Man this game was good, it is rather well written, it has good renders, good animations, perhaps not so good expressions at times, has a relatable plot where the MC wants to rediscover himself, different characters with their own distinct personality, the models were really good, albeit having over the top measures, I really love Mi-Sun, I didn't really give much thought to the fast pacing of the game and the unlikely situations that were coming one after the other because it still felt nice, I was fine with taking Sia home without having a say in it, because it was a very cool thing to do.

Then comes the shitstorm: We have the MC try to solve Sia's issues at the club, while we have no say in it, and which she asked us not to do. We proceed to willingly or unwillingly take a drug, and without any kind of warning, beat the shit out of a stripper to near death. Then again the MC willingly or unwillingly gets blackmailed into filming himself fucking women without them knowing, to sell the recording to a bunch of creeps online or get yourself and everyone around you killed or worse.

Nice way to derail what was going so nicely.

Just no... This went from 0 to 250 out of goddamn nowhere. Really, it feels really forced as a means to progress the story. Could have chosen other ways to do so instead of this kind of underhanded way.
    I really liked the game up to this point and I'm really disappointed at the direction the game took. That's it for me, if you're into this, good for you, seriously, but I'm not.

Best of luck to the dev anyways.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

fudman02

love the aesthetic of all the girls they're all unique and have their own quirks that make them desiriable.
    the scenes are all great, good detail, smooth animation and the senarios and writing realy get the job done ;)
    cant wait for more!
  4. 5.00 star(s)

ayoye

I dont usually comment game, but this one is impressive.

I feel like there is a good balance between dialogue and sex scenes.

The animation are great and there multiple view which I like a lot.

I will keep a eye on this one
  5. 5.00 star(s)

MrLauren

Hi guys, hope y'all doing great.

I just finished playing Off the Record and OH MY FUCKING GOD, what a hell of a game dude, awesome work done so far.
    Thank you all the team/dev(s) for doing this amazing work.
    Keep on doing this masterpiece, I'm really looking forward to the next updates and episodes.

I just needed to say this, I'm definitely gonna recommend it to everyone.

Hot Milfs = Checked!
    Hot n' Cute Redhead = Checked!
    Hot Stripper = Checked!
    Hot Petite Asian Girl = Checked!

Oh, and just so you know, the animations of this game is in another LEVEL, so good, very smooth, damn I'm ecstatic.

I'll definitely become a patron!
    You guys deserve it!
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Hahn1900

This is just great, really awesome...

The Dialogues are easy in the Top 5 around all the games around here, just really fun to read and very entertaining without being ridiculous... and all just feels "real" Flawless writing here, just perfect, i enjoyed every second.

The models are unique around here too, didnt see anything "recycled" besides the environment of course... (little sidejoke there to about knowing the apartments :D) really like the renders, all girls look differently, very unique and her style are a match to their personalty too. Love that.

the game starts with a low point, i mean... you feel kinda bad for chelsea, such a sweet girl, not the best start to witness how the MC breaks up with her. But you know what? It works perfectly for the game... so everything makes sense and if youre not cheating on her you dont feel like a dick, just that something was missing for the MC... nothing to bad about that, of course it was really bad and sad to see her cry, but i think its ok for now... and i would bet there will be a chance to get back to her if we want.

The Animations are decent, not really awesome, but good enough to be a plus for the game. So worth it to keep them up and improving i guess.

The amount of content is "ok" i would say... i enjoyed every second of it, but it feels a little bit short for 1 and half year of development i would say. But in average, its ok Hopefully the updates keep on coming!

Ah something that most of the games are lacking... this one got real good background music! To say it clear, i dont like actual SONGs as background music when i read visual novels... when people actually are singing its to distracting. But if its just instrumental music, fitting to the scene... its perfect... and of course, i dont like to hear the same "tune" play opver and over again, and that is also not the case in this game... so, the bakcgorund music is on point! aprreciate it very much.

Overall, i would give 4,5 stars, but as you cant do it... i give 5, cause the game is not just "good" its "very good" and just needs more content and maybe better animations to get excellent!

One of my favorites now, cant wait for the next update...
  7. 1.00 star(s)

swills13

I'm obviously going against the grain, considering the average rating, but this game is not for me.

I was struck from the start at how strange looking many of the characters were. Many of them have absurd body proportions and some off-putting facial expressions, and obviously this is personal preference, but I found a vast majority of the LIs to be wildly unattractive. This is one of the first games I've played where I considered avoiding much of the sexual content because of how unappealing the girls are.

The writing is ok, for the most part. There are some awkward dialogues and typos throughout, but nothing markedly worse than your average adult VN that can be found here.

The story is very similar to a number of other games in this genre- a young guy moving out on his own and trying to sort out his life, and none of the plotlines hooked me in any way.

I would have otherwise given this game an average rating, but the game seems to be forcing the MC to be a giant scumbag, which is not something I enjoy. The scene where the MC nearly beats a stripper to death while having sex with her was a step too far for me. I had no interest in continuing the MC's story at that point, as that is an act beyond redemption for me, whether drug-fueled or not.
  8. 4.00 star(s)

Troz3

Very good marks for the technical quality of the game - models and renders. Writing is pretty good quality, although like so many it could do with a bit more proofreading.

My main concern, which caused me to deduct a star, is the

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Hopefully the writer can find a satisfactory way through this and end up with a consistent and satisfying narrative
  9. 5.00 star(s)

pougie

Absolutely Incredible!! This is so insanely good that its hard to write a review that doesnt come across as a bit gushing - I tried it because of all the 5 star reviews and they were spot on - this IS the one that youve been looking for :giggle: .
  10. 1.00 star(s)

KollegeX

So. I am kinda pissed off not gonna lie. It starts of well enough. Some models kinda look off (chelsea in the beginning gives me the creeps), but its fine.
    However after the first rather vanilla/gentle intro into the game, where you do the usual of choosing between meeting different girls, cheating or not, being a creep or not, standard fair really, the game decided to pull a 180 on you.
    You take a pill in a club, fuck a stripper and beat her half to death while hallucinating. WHAT THE FUCK ?
    Alright. No harm done. Just dont take the pill right ? WRONG !
    I am not sure what the in-game explanation is but apparently we are now a hallucinating abusive fuck thats beats up women to get his willy going.

For fucks sake author. If you want to pidgeonhole us into being a creep that seduces women to film them thats fine. Your game your story and a lot of people like that kinda shit. But at least just blackmail us or something as an alternative to being a psychopath
  11. 5.00 star(s)

BigJay

Love the girls and having a really hard time picking a fave but i think its between Ingrid or Sia. Definity an interesting game with beautiful models and not a cookie cutter game at all. Can't wait for future updates!
  12. 5.00 star(s)

yano.sam

A really great plot and developed characters, I love the way they interact it's so realistic and that what I expect in a good VN, keep doing your great work, I'm pretty sure this game is a hit, this is my very first review on a game and yours made me few the need to review it!
  13. 4.00 star(s)

supermanz95

Off the Record [Ep. 4 Part 3 v0.3.8] [deadbeat]

"Off the Record" is a visual novel that has truly caught me by surprise with its captivating narrative and well-crafted characters. At first glance, the premise might appear somewhat familiar, but it's the exceptional writing that elevates this game to something truly special.

The standout feature for me has to be the characters. They are, without a doubt, the heart and soul of the game. What makes them exceptional is their impeccable comedic timing, relatable interactions, and dialogues that feel genuine and lifelike. The main character, in particular, stands out as a shining example of a genuinely decent human being. Throughout the game, I never once found myself questioning his behavior, except when intentionally opting for outrageous choices, which, surprisingly, enhanced my immersion in the story.

One character that left a lasting impression on me is SIA. The writer's handling of her storyline is nothing short of impressive. Instead of following predictable character tropes, the game allows her to respond to your actions with gratitude while also asserting her privacy. This nuanced approach to character development adds depth and authenticity to the overall narrative.

However, while I was thoroughly engrossed in the game's writing and character dynamics, I do have a few reservations. The introduction of mystical elements, particularly during the club scene, caught me off guard. At this point, it remains uncertain whether these elements will become a recurring theme in the story or if they were a one-off occurrence. I genuinely hope that they are integrated thoughtfully and don't take the narrative down an overly fantastical path. Such a shift could potentially disrupt the realism that the game excels in.

In terms of content, "Off the Record" ticks all the right boxes. The game features unique character models with varying body shapes, well-executed renders, engaging dialogue that occasionally spices things up, numerous events, and a pleasing soundtrack that enhances the overall experience.

In conclusion, "Off the Record" offers a captivating and immersive visual novel experience with superb character development and storytelling. While I do have concerns about the mystical elements introduced, the game's strengths far outweigh any potential drawbacks. Kudos to the developer and their team for creating a game that has me eagerly looking forward to how the story unfolds in future episodes.
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Kberger

Really liked this game and would recommend to give it a try.
    + great visuals
    + lots of different girls
    + interesting story with some promising storylines that just started
    Will come back and play again when updated.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

DracoXXX

This definitely felt like a breath of fresh air as this feels a lot different from the rest of AVN u usually find here. For starters the MC is NOT a college student but a 25y trying to start a new life in a new city. The renders are gorgeous & the attention to minute details are phenomenal. The sex animations are breathtaking.The best part is the variety of girl models as I'm quite used to the commonly used models in every game but this 1 definitely managed to bring models that I've never seen & that itself should be enough to give more praise to the Dev(y)
    Sure not all models look like they came from Victoria Secrets fashion show but that adds a tinch of realism which is well appreciated
  16. 5.00 star(s)

dietmountaindew

Where has this masterpiece been hiding? Holy shit.

The girls are all unique and sexy in their own ways. A lot of them have an alt look, which I fucking love. The atmosphere feels dark and seedy. Like something supernatural is going on in the city's underbelly.

My only complaint is that I don't have a time machine in order to experience this game for the first time again.

Tons of sex, tons of interesting plot points.

5* and a new Patron earned for the Dev.
  17. 4.00 star(s)

apsentibus

Pros
    + Top-notch visual and audio quality.
    + The writing is enjoyable too. Undoubtedly better than 90% of the VNs on this site
    + There are quite a number of girls to interact with

What I don't enjoy is the girl models. Mi Sun and the girl in the bar are the only two girls who actually look appealing to me. All the others faces just... set me off. A real shame for me, since it's a game of such awesome quality.
  18. 4.00 star(s)

Gray21

Really good, the writing, the renders, the animations, all of it is really good. The characters sound like actual humans, the renders look great and the animations are also more complex than just some basic loops.
    I was surprised by the choices in the game and their impact on the story, it truly feels like what you chose matters, and they create small but impactful differences in the way things play out sometimes.
    Highly recommended, kinda short at the moment but definitely worth playing.
  19. 4.00 star(s)

list101

v 0.3.8
    Interesting game. Very good animations. The models range from good looking to average to plain ugly. The script is decent yet words like "needings" and "dwelling" make me wonder how old is the writer - 90+?
    No way young dude will gonna talk like that.

The scenes with Mi-Sun are cool where the Andrea stuff is hard to watch.
    Most of the girls are there for teasing.

It 3 1/2 stars project with lots of potential.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

WhiteAdder

Very pleasantly surprised by how good this was. Has ok plot (obviously WIP), witty humour and good character design (the only thing bothering me were some unrealistic character proportions, mostly Andrea)