VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Off the Record [v0.4.2] [deadbeat]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Sting0617

One of the best game what i played for a long time. I can recommend this highly. Amazing visual content, good animations, good female characters. I hope it will be update usually. There is some kink, i hope it will be more.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

ben_sylar

Welcome to uncanny valley. Most characters look barely human and its not just the unrealistic proportions, its the faces. All of that distracts from what little plot there is until now.

All of that makes the game unplayable to me.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Fracam

Very good game until now. hope this gonna stay this level.
    I like the plot of the story and the "ambiance" around this young man (Mc)
    charaters, graphic and animations are good too, like it very much
    everything start in a good good way
    Go on dev!!!
  4. 4.00 star(s)

anon280

Version: 0.2.3
    Version: 0.3.6f

The game seems to be going a certain direction that sets it apart from the first 2 episodes which felt more casual. And that might just likely have to do with "the actual story" kicking in.
    Because of that the choices may likely matter less now so my review doesn't ring the same way it did for me. But I will give the game more time to grow before I review it as a more complete VN.

This is one of the most well crafted VN's I've ever played. The game flows so naturally plot and character-wise!

PROS
    • a lot, a lot of choices - this game has so many moments for you to make your own decision. and they matter! the choices you make influence your outcome with the girls. you can even outright deny sex with them (I wouldn't but the option to is fantastic).
    • sexually immersive - not many developers understand how necessary it is to build sexual tension and tease the player but this developer is not one of them. on meeting the characters you are thrown into some great erotic scenarios and within the scenario are small beats that build the lust up.
    • character design and detailing - all the characters feel, and to an extent, look/behave like real people. they all have their own unique personality and vibe. variety is the spice of life.
    • realistic dialogue - the dialogue is natural and does a good job at remaining interesting. coupled with some controversial social circumstances like being in a relationship or being a distasteful flirt/creep has it's consequences of how much the girls like you.
    • animation - pretty decent. smooth enough
    • music - great use to set the moods for each scene and isn't the same song on repeat.
    CONS
    • MC's dick - personal preference but his dick is way too veiny. no homo but an ugly dick can spoil sex scenes - the veins are too distracting. i'd like the option later on to lower the vein level lol
    • andreas' ass - i love a fat milf ass but this one looks a bit geometric and distorted at the peaks of the cheeks
    • sex scene duration - while the animation looks great and is hot af. the sex feels a little bit short / lacks a satisfying length due to the progression being confined to 1-2 animations on a loop and then a cum button. a solution would be to use multiple smaller loops of the same sex position/act and show a progression as we click through the animation.

All the women are hot in their own way. Personally liking Sia, Andrea, Mi-sun in that order.
    There are so many options that you can easily miss scenes that are well made. This is a really well written, and hot af, game.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

tappp92

Great initial first releases. Really impressed with the eroticism of the first few encounters and excellent detailing on the models. They're quite a bit more unique from many other games. Really looking forward to future releases and will probably support within another update or so if it's consistently timed.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Sanaa Star

Good renders, good dialogs, unique settings, the audio (music & sound) is good too.

For instance I like the nice "cliffhanger" from Ep.2 to Ep.3 (it's not a real cliffhanger)
    Elements in this "cliffhanger" ->
    1. From a scene in a movie(theater) [with the nurse]
    2. over a flashback (from the past with his girlfriend)
    3. to a cool, real (hot!) game-scene is a nice thing to start an episode.
    I've never seen something similiar before {thinking of this "cliffhanger"} - good work ddeadbeat! (y)
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Mister Boombastic

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Every once in a while a new game comes along that really stands out above the mediocre majority, and you might have already guessed it, but this is one of those games!

Everything about 'Off The Record' is spot on! The music, the characters, the renders, the story... it's all there and it's all polished and sparkly!

You don't get that feeling you get with some first releases, that the dev is still kinda trying and figuring things out. This game is good from the start! The story is simple but well thought out, with a good pace and some nice flashbacks at exactly the right moments. The animations are smooth and the renders look amazing.

I'm also a fan of the unique looking characters! You're not constantly wondering in what other game you've seen that girl before... :unsure: Some of them may have their imperfections, but ironically that's exactly what makes them perfect!

Now before you guys think I'm on deadbeat's marketing team, there were two minor aspects that could be better in my opinion:
    1. Your relationship with certain women moves a little fast. I like the pace of the game and it never feels rushed, but in some cases a longer build-up would benefit the story.
    2. The dev went somewhat ballistic on the MILF titties. I really like that all the female models in this game have big breasts, but on the older women it's a bit too much for my taste.
  8. 4.00 star(s)

scalvi

Renders and music are decent but some character models are kinda noisy and not really good-looking, humour is there. Props to the dev since it's his first big project. Can't really say anything about the plot. Not much to say.
    Anyway, I'll keep an eye on this one
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 167032

Excellent...

It has the type of light hearted sad but feel good story I like. Sad that it starts off with a love that has faded but good as now new things can begin. Also i feel the dev is not done with the MC and his old flame yet.

Really love the art/renders. Reminds me if I can say so of Philly/DocP feel but with the devs own style. Really great.

Good sound effect so far and the animations are pretty well done. Sex scene could go on a bit longer but not off putting as it's now. Doing a very sexy or erotic sex scene at a good length is tricky.

It's only a start and to me it's already going to be a winner. In an update or two we will really see it spark or become another overly done VN, but I highly doubt this one will be the latter. No I know this will be very enjoyable & successful VN.

Great work dev!!
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Im bad at

Really good so far, just the veins in the penis a little too much, i didnt think it would botter me, but it does. Everything else is good , girls are hot with different physique and an engaging story
  11. 5.00 star(s)

BLACkTORNAD0

For the first release thats a banger totally. Damn these renders are fine as hell boiii. I am just waiting for more to come from Andrea ofcourse as negotiations are hard to do. 10/10 game would recommend.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

azagtoth56

This review is for Off the Record.

I found that this game has some content, more than I was expecting for a 0.1 release. The renders are good, models are different than most. The story is compelling to a degree. We may have to wait for more content to get a better grasp of the story, but over all I enjoyed Off the Record.

If I were the Siskel and Ebert of smutt I would give this game 2 thumbs up! Hahaha!
    Anyway I recommend this game.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Zoey Raven

I really like how this game is starting off. It gives a fresh take on things in this genre.

1. Excellent renders.
    2. Very good animations, enough I was surprised.
    3. Above average writing, grammar and spelling are all good.
    4. Interesting characters.
    5. Well coded.
    6. Interesting models, there is something for everyone.
    7. Good amount of sexual content for a first release without being a sexfest.

Overall an excellent start to what I'm hoping will become a really good game. RN it's a 5. I can't give it less. It's got plenty of content for a v0.1. Best of luck to the dev. Was happy to do a walkthrough for this one.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

jannoslynt

Such a great start, this game has already hot sex in its early stages and i must say that i loved the scenes. Outstanding visuals and something that i always love but i dont usually find un por games ethnic variety and shape variety on the females characters. So i recomend to try it and stay tunned for the updates of the game because thats what im goung to do. Hope the best to the dev and im eager to see where we will go in the future with this game
  15. 5.00 star(s)

icehot

A long way to go, but the renders are really good and I deeply love thick milfs. There's lots of potential here, but sadly at the moment is just that. Potential. For a first release I would say that it is worth your time.
    I'll keep a close look on this one.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

Duriel

Can't help but fall in love with games that are not afraid to show THICC Milfs like that, especially when explicitly compared to the unfortunate scapegoat (girlfriend) that, to pursue said Milfs, we'll have to... gently get rid off, so to speak.

The game also offers quite a number of exquisite interaction choices that can go from checking out a deep cleavage, to literally stage up a whole raping session in our mind before coming back to our senses (just check the first pic on the second row), I really hope to see more of this.

Also, its quite chunky as a first version of the game, with a good enough cliffhanger and enough content to get a glimpse of what to expect from the Dev.
  17. 4.00 star(s)

morpheusahrms

This review is for the 0.1 version and as such takes potential into consideration as much as what is actually there yet.

More than just solid start, gives a lot of hope to develop into one of the better games on the site if the Dev can keep the quality up.

Negative:

None so far, except a case of "Standard-Huge-Cucumber-Dick" syndrome.

Neutral:

VN style game with choices, bug free and stable (some people would put this into the positive category, but seriously, that is what should be expected).

Background Music/Sounds are not annoying

Plot could be interesting, but so far is not really fleshed out (obviously)

Positive:

Nice character models, with variety of age/body type and a good amount of individuality to them.

Good renders, posing, lighting, placement etc. Very solidly done.

Smooth animations with some variation by (a few)choices during sex scenes.

Looking forward to see the future updates