4.80 star(s) 22 Votes

PurrUgloin

Aug 29, 2020
Curiously enough, as soon as I sat down after a long day of work, a Dev Preview gets posted. Plenty to look at.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

SPACE!man

Jan 3, 2020
Curiously enough, as soon as I sat down after a long day of work, a Dev Preview gets posted. Plenty to look at.
The irony this would pop up the VERY NEXT DAY after I downloaded the recent version. I swear, I somehow always time it wrong. XD But two things: 1) I'm very much down for the Nuzzle, he looks fucking adorable. :3 And 2) Anyone else think they've seen that cave texture before? I swear it's in a number of Unity games.

Still, nice to see Bates will hopefully, maybe, sometime soon please, possibly, could be, duly if we're lucky done with at last. Don't get me wrong, boss battle isn't bad, music is good, animations are good (the ear nibble one ticks SO many boxes for me), but Jesus on a bicycle that doesn't have a seat shouting "OH MATRON!" when he sits down, it feels like I was a wee bairn when I first heard he was being added.

Termostato

Oct 6, 2019
Glad to see a new enemy, and i love the design so far. I hope the next level will be more interesting than just a hallway like the forbidden bayou. I love the comic idea, i like to see that they are using the patreon money to make more things about the game.

PurrUgloin

Aug 29, 2020
'Nother preview, but it's a lot smaller-scale.

EDIT: Instead of triple posting I'll add the third post about the comic news here, it's more fitting here anyways. The image(s) you get from subscribing to the SubscribeStar specifically are also attached to the spoiler.

Last edited:
Reactions: BaloneyAmone

Wild Shadow

Oct 12, 2020
'Nother preview, but it's a lot smaller-scale.

EDIT: Instead of triple posting I'll add the third post about the comic news here, it's more fitting here anyways. The image(s) you get from subscribing to the SubscribeStar specifically are also attached to the spoiler.
On SubscribeStar there's another Daku image not on Patreon.

Nov 3, 2019
From getting to content every update to getting less content every update to zero content every update to content that makes the game more unplayable every update

Why is it always furry games, what does game design and patreon money do to people???
It makes them more self conscious of bad code. The roadmap clearly states large amounts of refactoring was priority. Refactoring takes time. It means that development later can go far smoother. Refactoring is always required in a project of this size. It isn't about "Patreon Money", it is about fixing bad code habits that occurred earlier in the project. The Bates development cycle is a quite clear example of bad code slowing them down.

Reactions: Thassia Faune

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
It makes them more self conscious of bad code. The roadmap clearly states large amounts of refactoring was priority. Refactoring takes time. It means that development later can go far smoother. Refactoring is always required in a project of this size. It isn't about "Patreon Money", it is about fixing bad code habits that occurred earlier in the project. The Bates development cycle is a quite clear example of bad code slowing them down.
If there's problems in the development, it needs to be fixed.
Coding is a very prevalent problem for indie / new devs, especially for their first few games.
It's a good direction the devs are able to identify and refactor - it's not only smoothing further development, but enable adding features that's not possible before.

I don't know why people so fixated on crown-funding money, especially as a pirate.
When you pitch in / sub to Patreon, you are not Investing / Buying a product, you simply support the dev financially for what they are doing.
Sure you need be very cautious at this day of age,
Tons of bad actors exploiting it with malicious intent to extra as much as they can (Star Citizen), But it also enabled so many devs to make great games (Larian and Divinity: Original Sin, which enabled Baldur's Gate 3)
You should understand which direction the project is going, Not blindly accuse the dev of milking "Patreon Money".

Mind you, "Refactoring" can also mean the dev didn't do any work but hide it behind some indistinguishable code changing.

Zeorentine

Oct 31, 2018
So according to you they have to redo the code because it's not good enough right now yet they keep very slowly making content that not only doesn't advance the roadmap but would also require them to redo it again at a later date????

Yes that makes very sense, big sensos

Nov 3, 2019
So according to you they have to redo the code because it's not good enough right now yet they keep very slowly making content that not only doesn't advance the roadmap but would also require them to redo it again at a later date????

Yes that makes very sense, big sensos
The code is redone for select systems in order to speed up development. Poor coding habits, such as god classes, slow down future development of features. The developers then have to go back and clean up said code which can take varied time. The other developers on the team aren't gameplay coders. They're artists. They're still making art while the coder fixes the bad habits. If this is the first time you're hearing of this concept, I would suggest you research the development process. It is very interesting.

4.80 star(s) 22 Votes