drednex

Feb 2, 2022
Mmm... I've tested a few things, and my only conclusion is that you must have been using an old save from a previous version, in which the guard event was at some point programmed to activate (Self Switch C = On), and then in a later update I must have changed this... leading to the guard being set incorrectly.

If this is the case, then the only solution would be to start a new save, unfortunately.

Apologies.
using version 121e, but no matter! these things happen, although i didnt use any save editor...hopefully i dont replicate the problem using version 122b!

TheOtherYuggoth

Game Developer
Nov 13, 2017
using version 121e, but no matter! these things happen, although i didnt use any save editor...hopefully i dont replicate the problem using version 122b!
Yeah, no, I only guessed at you using a save editor, because at first I couldn't come up with a reason as to how you activated the quest "Ruins of Ag'Dral" without actively changing a few variables. I very quickly realized that my reckless act of messing with old Self Switches caused you this problem, once again, apologies.

I myself wouldn't have realized this was what caused the trouble if I hadn't run into this issue while playtesting on an older save file, and have since shied away from messing with old Self Switch variables since. Nowadays I prefer using quest completion variables to advance event states, after they are settled (Which is much more stable).

Anyways have fun with version 0.122b!

Reactions: drednex

AJBit

Mar 9, 2018
You should already be able to do all that if you followed the Intro though.
The training is supposed to be an Event triggering upon entering the workshop
what do you mean by followed the intro? The tinkering happens in the beginning of the game?

TheOtherYuggoth

Game Developer
Nov 13, 2017
what do you mean by followed the intro? The tinkering happens in the beginning of the game?
Meeting the smith, smelter, and mining foremen, are referred to in this context as their 'intros'. In fact that's how I coded their encounters, as 'intros'. Completing the profession unlocking quests is also what I would consider, as a part of their 'intro".

To clarify, in case you thought that I meant the skippable intro at the beginning of the game, I actually mean the first intro quests after skipping the prologue story building stuff. :)

TheOtherYuggoth

Game Developer
Nov 13, 2017
That is actually kind of impressive in all the years I have been playing rpgmaker games I have never seen a map make it lag so hard.
RPG Maker has silly limitations that don't make sense: map number limits is one of them, and to combat this, I make really big map canvases, and then add smaller explorable maps inside, so 1 big map is broken into 12 smaller maps.

Additionally to avoid lag, I only create temporary events that are "spawned" in using a plugin, and then erase them after the player moves to a different section of the canvas.

Unfortunately, lag can still be a bit of a problem for those using older computers... Apologies.

AJBit

Mar 9, 2018
I figured it out. Now trying to get my weak ass daughters up to snuff. They're like paper. Keep dying.

Semantics

Apr 28, 2017
Are there actually 7 clues in the goblin camp? Because I can't find more than 6, and I've checked the map several times and found no more sparkling spots or NPCs. It doesn't seem to prevent the quest from completing, but it's weird the counter says "6/7" and the daughters basically go, "We've got all the information we need!" anyway.

Edit: Also, I cleared an area with daughters (can't remember which area) and an NPC with a star over their head appeared in the planning room with a scene where ambassadors from the other Drow cities showed up, but it referenced clearing out the Sahagin which I hadn't done, so I decided to do that before activating the event to do things out of order. Except by the time I finished that, the NPC had disappeared but left the star floating in an empty void, unable to be interacted with. Is my save just borked?

Edit Edit: Well, I think I figured out what caused the second issue, so consider this a bug report: If you walk on the tile that starts the Zeknet conversation (Which wasn't sparkling at that point), even if you haven't talked to the guard that takes you to the Quarstra lecture that should precede it then the Zeknet conversation will trigger. Then the Quarstra conversation will trigger out of order, and while you can complete the resulting quest fine it apparently messes things up so that the Palace Guard NPC just won't actually appear anymore.

Last edited:

TheOtherYuggoth

Game Developer
Nov 13, 2017
Are there actually 7 clues in the goblin camp? Because I can't find more than 6, and I've checked the map several times and found no more sparkling spots or NPCs. It doesn't seem to prevent the quest from completing, but it's weird the counter says "6/7" and the daughters basically go, "We've got all the information we need!" anyway.

Edit: Also, I cleared an area with daughters (can't remember which area) and an NPC with a star over their head appeared in the planning room with a scene where ambassadors from the other Drow cities showed up, but it referenced clearing out the Sahagin which I hadn't done, so I decided to do that before activating the event to do things out of order. Except by the time I finished that, the NPC had disappeared but left the star floating in an empty void, unable to be interacted with. Is my save just borked?

Edit Edit: Well, I think I figured out what caused the second issue, so consider this a bug report: If you walk on the tile that starts the Zeknet conversation (Which wasn't sparkling at that point), even if you haven't talked to the guard that takes you to the Quarstra lecture that should precede it then the Zeknet conversation will trigger. Then the Quarstra conversation will trigger out of order, and while you can complete the resulting quest fine it apparently messes things up so that the Palace Guard NPC just won't actually appear anymore.
The seventh clue is the orc in command.

As for the soldier bug, can you tell me if this is an old save from a previous version? I've had people complain about that soldier when they use old saves, do to some Self Switches associated with it getting chopped up, when using a save file from an older version of the game.

Semantics

Apr 28, 2017
The seventh clue is the orc in command.
I was including her, Shel only gets me to 6/7.

As for the soldier bug, can you tell me if this is an old save from a previous version? I've had people complain about that soldier when they use old saves, do to some Self Switches associated with it getting chopped up, when using a save file from an older version of the game.
I am using a save from an older version, yes, though as mentioned I figured out and verified that the bug is specifically caused by the fact that the Zeknet's conversation can be triggered in the Academy out of order.

malaac2025

Mar 17, 2024
Would be nice to have a you have completed all content in this edition or something to that effect. Right now I have farmed outskirts of mushroom forest and now need to proceed deeper but is there content left in this release or have to wait to next release?

TheOtherYuggoth

Game Developer
Nov 13, 2017
I was including her, Shel only gets me to 6/7.

I am using a save from an older version, yes, though as mentioned I figured out and verified that the bug is specifically caused by the fact that the Zeknet's conversation can be triggered in the Academy out of order.
You missed a clue.

Did this bug resolve itself e.g. were you able to start the Diplomat Quest of meeting the three diplomats in the throne room, and start the Ag'Dral Ruins quest?

TheOtherYuggoth

Game Developer
Nov 13, 2017
Would be nice to have a you have completed all content in this edition or something to that effect. Right now I have farmed outskirts of mushroom forest and now need to proceed deeper but is there content left in this release or have to wait to next release?
Yeah, there's more... be sure to use the special tent that your daughters get, when you get it, or you'll miss some fun content ;)

Reactions: malaac2025

fakename01

Jul 12, 2018
god the jello part was the funniest thing I have read in a while and are you ever going to diversify what the servants say or has Ithica terrorized every servant in the city?

Also I have no idea how the automated resource harvesting works

3.10 star(s) 8 Votes