VN Ren'Py Abandoned Once Upon a Time in Dream Town [Ch. 5 Add.1 - SPECIAL EDITION] [VIGOR]

3.90 star(s) 31 Votes

Klauw1988

Aug 23, 2020
Yes, I even think that what happened end last year/begin this year, is now taking it's toll. Also because the 'believable' in this developer is below avarage. They brought it up on themselves and they thought that they could fix it with just one update.

You need more then that to bring the hearts of the consumers back. And aslong they haven't done that, this project will never lift up from the ground. The project itself is very great, I won't lie about it. But the execution is just poorly done. And I understand that they work with real actors, but that shouldn't be a excuse, because you should already take this in account before starting with a project.

And afcourse, people can get sick or other stuff can happen. But be atleast open about it and communicate instead of going off radar for many months.

I would love to see more content, and i'm ready to support this developer again but not at this current state. Sorry, but that's just how I think about it. I'm not supporting something that is onhold or not sure if it ever will be done.

And afcourse this developer needs money to make more content, but what if we do support this developer massively. Who can promise us that we get something or regular updates? Maybe this developer will go off radar again with our money and come up with other stories why they went off radar.

Last edited:

Dippy2

Jul 3, 2018
In their defence they have launched another game to generate content for supporters in the down time between the large gaps in 'Once upon a time' updates. It may not be to everyones taste but shows at least some attempt now to make sure those that contribute get something. Their communication has also gotten significantly better with usually a weekly status update. They are by no means perfect but certainly getting better and trying to me.

UncleNanard

I am to music what Kanye West is to adult games.
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2017
I have nothing against the dev and the team BUT this games always scared me.
Both domains already have big milk problems. So if you mix them both...

For the players the mix of the two may seem attractive at first, but it is very easy to hold the players hostage with this system and likewise, the dev can be held hostage by his models, which is impossible with 3D.
And if real games become the norm, 3D developers won't be able to keep up.

The girls already rule on onlyfan, if they take on video games it could be dramatic in my opinion.
But I agree that the female model is very beautiful and the lighting on the game is excellent in my opinion.

But really, this game terrified me when it came out.

Last edited:
Reactions: havoc121

Klauw1988

Aug 23, 2020
I have nothing against the dev and the team BUT this games always scared me.
Both domains already have big milk problems. So if you mix them both...

For the players the mix of the two may seem attractive at first, but it is very easy to hold the players hostage with this system and likewise, the dev can be held hostage by his models, which is impossible with 3D.
And if real games become the norm, 3D developers won't be able to keep up.

The girls already rule on onlyfan, if they take on video games it could be dramatic in my opinion.
But I agree that the female model is very beautiful and the lighting on the game is excellent in my opinion.

But really, this game terrified me when it came out.
When you are going to work with real actors, you need to have a start capital. Not only do you need to pay the actors, but also the gear you need to use like camera, certain clothing, make up, etc. You can't expect the actors to bring everything themselves. You also need to find spaces to shoot, and that can also be expensive. Also what kind of scene's do you want to create? Is it just at someone home or also plubic places or even a school set-up.

You need to have a start capital to pull off a project like this. The thing about 3D developers is, they only need to have a computer. You can still work with 'free' assets. You don't have to worry about any actors, locations or what so ever.

And actors also have their own moral and principles , which means you need to respect the choices and opinions from the actors aswell. If they don't wanna have any penetration sex, than you need to accept it and come up with a plan, to make it look like they have "real" sex.

Movies companies have educated people to solve this kind of stuff and create their own technique's to look like it's real. You need to have a start captical of a few thousands of dollars to make it barely succesful. 3D models not, you can start from 0 dollar, aslong you have a computer to develope it. It's so much easier accessible.

Last edited:
3.90 star(s) 31 Votes