FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
I'm going to try and make a review without spoilers, but I'll focus more on what I HAVE to say, instead of that. So, if spoils happen, I'll try and make them inline spoilers.

Review for Release 0.15.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

The structure of this review is probably not traditional, but it's what I feel it's right.

General Points:

Graphics: I found them sufficient. They were meant to help tell the story, not to be THE STORY. In that respect, they performed their role.
Animations: Like the graphics they were meant to be a supporting asset. While sufficient, there was a clear improvement from the start to the last one. Even if they aren't the best and even sometimes quite janky, I don't consider their role that important that it in any shape or form reduced my enjoyment.

The Cast:

The whole cast was admirably well designed. If beauty or hotness are subjective issues, their look fit their role, nothing more needed to be expected, but, was surpassed in all cases.

MC : His looks fit the role. I read several mentions that his personality was this or that, while every one can have their opinion, what was clear to me is that he's a nice cool kid I wouldn't mind to be friends with. I think that sums it up.

Lydia: In terms of looks, one of the best ones. In terms of personality, I have to be clear, I would marry her. With a few differences, I did. Her relationship with the MC is delicious and BOTH are responsible for that, but, her maturity and confidence are simply extraordinary.

Mary: Almost the last in terms of attractiveness for me, while beautiful and well proportioned, there's simply something in her that makes me rank her lower, I spent all the time playing, trying to figure out exactly what, but couldn't. Her personality is too similar to mine, I'm absolutely the wrongest person to say anything about it.

Barb: The second best in looks. This character had me from it's first scene and never let me go. A good combination of tough, sensitive, sensible and gloriously HOT.

Melissa: Much better with the second hairstyle. The way her personality shifts during the game felt quite real. I ended up liking her very much.

Audrey: Her looks are probably what I would place at the bottom. Not because she isn't good looking, but in this veritable sea of beauties, she draw the shortest stick. Unlike her looks, her personality is delightful and rivals only with 2 others.

Sam: My absolute favorite in looks. In personality she's right up there with Lydia, I couldn't possibly choose between them.

Kayla: Super Hot babe, so much so, that I consider her a class of her own. A fantastic sense of humor.

Shelly: Nicely balanced but one of the last ones. We haven't met her for long enough, but seems a nice girl with many interesting particulars to explore.

Angie: Good looking. I'll say I like her, so far, but, I still feel a bit guilty with her.

Brenda: Nice looks. Amazing personality.

Mom: Hmmmm, yumiii. I'm warming up to her, but, not there yet.

Rick: Nice looks. Didn't feel all that steady since his introduction, he showed a tendency for intensity, that put me off almost instantly.

Tommy: Great looks. From these 2 or 3 scenes he seems to be the opposite of Rick. Very calm and peaceful, like somebody that found his place and feels centered in it.

Jose: He looks the part. Very cool guy, with a great heart, the best of the secondary characters.

Reggie: His looks are improving, as would be expected. Nothing much yet.

The Story:

It is my understanding that this is a softened version of what would be a rather gruesome and hard to stomach story. I was personally and quite closely involved in stories similar to this. My real life versions didn't have this many successful results, and WAY many more Rick like endings. From what I could understand from this. so far, it is an attempt to show the people that would never been close to this world a palatable version of what it entails. It is much more didactic then it is realistic. All that happens in this story, is possible and it happens, it is however, and quite unfortunately, not the most common result.

Just as an example, after a dry spell, that lasted a week, on the day of the return, in a small town in coastal Portugal (the whole country has less population than large L.A.) I counted 25 od's. Many of them people with many years in the street.

We are, thankfully, spared from the gut wrenching pain and prolonged suffering of the families and friends, of the uncertainty and panic of the dry spells, of the euphoria and depression of the detox cycle. We are also spared of the extremes of the mental health problems that so many times accompany and develop within these communities.

Yes, it is a VERY sanitized and palatable version, but, one that allows a glimpse of the horrors that lie in a syringe. I found no lies, no imprecision, no fantasy. Yes, it is a VERY niche and uncommon possibility, but, real and verifiable.

There really was no need to go to extremes to paint it darker and gruesome. This isn't the medium for that.

The Sex:

You will excuse me if I have to say that in this case, it was, for me, completely secondary. Exciting? Yes. Could very well be a fade to black, my opinion wouldn't change. The threesomes being the best part of it all.

Conclusion:

While not a exhausting depiction of the sub-world it is based on, it is still a well done approach with enough depth to those that know about it, and enough levity for those that are being introduced to it for the first time. It isn't shocking. It isn't forgiving. It is, mostly, didactic. With a serious emphasis on trying to show the other side, that is almost always ignored or vilified. The only villain here is "The Disease". To my eyes, it makes a rather good job of explaining it and it's grasp on it's victims.

The love and friendship relationships depicted felt, in some cases, a bit rushed and oversimplified, this is mostly a consequence of the medium and a need for brevity, rather than an attempt to bring the sex scenes sooner.

For my tastes, my knowledge of the theme, my history and involvement with this, I felt all that respected and represented.

My Rating is mostly based on the Cast and the Story, rather than Graphics and Animations.

P.S.: Expecting the continuation with very high interest.

Peace :)

johnmnf692

Jun 20, 2022
Zoey, I love you and the game, but why do we need to hear about the MC's mom getting railed by some overrated drummer from a washed up band (or anyone for that matter)? Hell, if she had to get fucked by someone from Motley Crue it could have at least been Mick Mars, at least he was actually talented.

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020

Figured I'd make this post public, so everyone could see who won!

First Place - Sam (Samantha) 52% (This was not a surprise, she's been climbing the ranks lately!)

Second Place - Barb 20%

Third Place - Lydia 16%

Fourth Place - Audrey 12% (this one baffles me, because she won all the polls earlier in the game. Was it because the lost her V card?)

I'll start doing the renders tomorrow, probably Sam first (for ZBFF and up) and Barb the next day for all patrons!

Information about me:

Good news:

The finger is improving.

Bad news:

It's a slow process. I can type for about an hour a day now without pain, after that it goes numb, and there's and little pain later, but it goes away by the next day.

Other Good news:

I'm going to have an online consult with my doctor on the first (that's a follow up to the six weeks she said it would likely heal enough for me to type). What I'm going to ask her specifically, is if I push through it once the finger gets numb after an hour, will I be slowing the overall healing process.

So, more information on that to come. I'll give you guys an update about it on the second. Since we usually do the dev updates on Wednesday, I figured we'll stick to that. Anyway, I'll get those renders out in the next few says! That's it for now.

As always, hope you are all doing well! Cheers!

Side Note:

I tried the windows voice type thing, and that just didn't jibe with the way my mind flows while writing. So, that's not going to be a viable option. However, I'm pretty hopeful I'll be "cleared to play" so to speak by my doctor. It may be a deal where she gives me a time limit of so many hours per day or something at first. I don't know I'm just speculating, so I'll let you know after I speak with her. Thank you all for your understanding, you've been incredible. I have some of the best patrons of any dev, period! I'll argue that with anyone! Love you guys!

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
I'm going to try and make a review without spoilers, but I'll focus more on what I HAVE to say, instead of that. So, if spoils happen, I'll try and make them inline spoilers.
That's a nice and well made review. I wished more players would make the same effort as you did here. I mean this in general. On F95 we see to much extremely short reviews. Okay, some games didn't deserve many words but the good ones did.

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
That's a nice and well made review. I wished more players would make the same effort as you did here. I mean this in general. On F95 we see to much extremely short reviews. Okay, some games didn't deserve many words but the good ones did.
Thank you.

Peace :)

Reactions: Tremonia

DaFlurbIsHere

Jun 3, 2022
Game keeps crashing on start, thought it was because of the walkthrough so reinstalled clean but this still happens:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: Line with id morning13_5a3051e0 appeared twice, at game/game/scripts/ch12_script.rpyc:7 and game/scripts/ch12_script.rpy:7.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "D:\Downloads\OneDayataTime-S2-Ch.15c-BugFix-pc\OneDayataTime-S2-Ch.15c-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 277, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "D:\Downloads\OneDayataTime-S2-Ch.15c-BugFix-pc\OneDayataTime-S2-Ch.15c-pc\renpy\main.py", line 490, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "D:\Downloads\OneDayataTime-S2-Ch.15c-BugFix-pc\OneDayataTime-S2-Ch.15c-pc\renpy\script.py", line 297, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
File "D:\Downloads\OneDayataTime-S2-Ch.15c-BugFix-pc\OneDayataTime-S2-Ch.15c-pc\renpy\script.py", line 809, in load_appropriate_file
self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=lastfn) # type: ignore
File "D:\Downloads\OneDayataTime-S2-Ch.15c-BugFix-pc\OneDayataTime-S2-Ch.15c-pc\renpy\script.py", line 427, in finish_load
self.translator.take_translates(all_stmts)
File "D:\Downloads\OneDayataTime-S2-Ch.15c-BugFix-pc\OneDayataTime-S2-Ch.15c-pc\renpy\translation\__init__.py", line 166, in take_translates
raise Exception("Line with id %s appeared twice, at %s:%d and %s:%d." %
Exception: Line with id morning13_5a3051e0 appeared twice, at game/game/scripts/ch12_script.rpyc:7 and game/scripts/ch12_script.rpy:7.

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
While running game code:
It looks like you have unzipped the downloaded file twice, with one time inside the folder created by the first unzip. There is no way that a "game/game/scripts file" would be created during a normal unzip of the downloaded file.

I suggest you delete everything but the .zip file and try again.

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020

I know I said I was going to save this for tomorrow, but I got excited when I got home and wanted to share it with you! I ended up going to see the doctor at her office today, because an appoint opened up due to a cancellation, and I was on the wait list to call for an in person visit.

Ok, so she gave me two options. I could either type for an hour a day for three weeks than I'm cleared, or give it one more week of no typing and I'm cleared to do as much as I want. She said even if there was some pain, it wouldn't make a difference to the overall healing of the injure at that point.

So, I'm taking the option we both liked better and giving it another week. That means development will begin on the 9th, and the first dev update for Ch. 16 will be on the 23rd (two weeks after I start as usual.

Overall it will be an increase in productivity, because an hour of writing would give me maybe like 30 renders or less a day. So, that's not very efficient.

Someone message me and called bullshit, so I'm including pictures of the injure attached to this post (don't look if you're gonna get grossed out). Why am I doing this? Because I hate it being implied I'm lying by anyone. I'm always up front with you guys about everything, even when it would be in my interest to hold stuff back. I'm just not wired that way though. I work to serve the game and the patrons of the game. NOBODY wants development of Ch. 16 of ODAAT to start more than I do. I'm going stir crazy!
Again, thank you to those who have been understanding (which is 99% of you). As for the person who wasn't, you must have not have been paying attention to who I am for very long. So, there's a timeline of pictures attached, along with a proof of life one, before I finished this post. Just to squash any doubts.

As always, hope you are all doing well, can't wait to get back to action! Cheers!

asahibito

Modder
Jan 17, 2021
*** GALLERY UNLOCK MOD One Day at a Time ***

This mod adds an unlock button to the built-in gallery. With the button activated play a scene to unlock it. Button can be clicked again to relock any scene not played. Scenes will also unlock normally through gameplay as normal.

The mod has been completely overhauled from my original version. Now it does not overwrite any game files and should be forward compatible as long as the game gallery code has not been rewritten.

Please use the correct file for each game season respectively.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: DreadedFist

TheDick69+

Jun 29, 2021
Gonna try to unfollow the thread for while, just been a lot of bullshit with this place recently. I don't wanna go into details too much, other than to say it wasn't anyone in the thread directly.

But, with everything going on in my life right now. I just don't need the negativity I've gotten about stupid stuff.

Also the hate rate 1 star I disputed ended up getting like 9 reviews of the game that were five star taken away. Because they "didn't meet the criteria". Note to self. NEVER dispute another review on here again. Message heard mods!

Anyway, having said all that. I feel this place (not the majority of you guys) has given it to me up the backside in the past few weeks. So, I need to put some distance for now.

If you have any issues with the game feel free to post them in the bug section on my discord. Link is in the OP.

Sorry guys, I'd really like to try and just brush this off. But, I'm feeling a little too vulnerable right now. Hope to be back sooner rather than later.
I guess I have to get my 9 siblings, sorry roommates, to get here and write 5 star reviews! :cool:

Frankly, who for fs sake can give this a 1 star review. That fella must be sick in the head.

I wrote in my review this was in my Top 3 list, in fact this and On distant shores are my split #1. This game has everything and it has such an interesting story to tell, so that anyone who has no idea about addiction should be forced to play it.

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
ch16_aftclubcar1_41.png

Looks like Mary is in deep thought on the way to wherever you're taking them...

What's up guys! I know I said I was going to do the dev update next week, and on Wednesday at that, but... I'm really excited to be back working on the game! That, and I had a few people check in on me, so I thought what the hell!

I'm not going to quote numbers or anything, because this is less than a week of development. Although, I will say I've written the first four scenes, and rendered the first (usually I have a little head start on the writing, but this time since I was resting my finger, I didn't).

I must admit it's going a little slower than I'd like. I can only put in 4-6 hour days right now, til it's too much typing and I need to rest my finger cause it hurts (even just doing renders for the game I have to type the facial morph in I want to use, or else it's scrolling through a list of hundreds). I normally put in 8 and even 12 hour days sometimes. However, I'm going to be good to myself and let things progress naturally. "Listen to my body" and all that.

So, just to be up front if you haven't already deduced it from what I've written. It's likely this update it going to take a little longer than normal. But, you guys know me. I'll push myself as much as I can, because I absolutely adore working on this game. It's a labor of love, and it was so cool when I got to type those first few lines and reconnect with Lydia and Mary.
That's all for now, I'll check back in with you in a couple of weeks. Might do another custom render poll for the high tier patrons, or I may just pick someone myself. Haven't decided yet."

As always, hope you are all doing well! Cheers!

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
Audrey Sidewalk August 23.jpg

Audrey took issue with dropping a few spots on the favorite girl list last time. Above is her response!

I just did this render when I finished up yesterday for fun, the customer render for high tier patrons is still on the way. Cheers!

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
1692607261087.png
This game gives the rush of inhabiting the world, of meeting the babes and going through
the motions of rushing into fate”s all encompassing hands and having the blast.
There are video clips like -more than you know- or -we found love- showing the absolute rush
and what seems one long lasting eternity spent with THE girl and the adventures of her.
Once those acid trips dry up, there really is such a little place for a living of boredom, loss, saddness.
1692607364323.png
Huddled up in short spans throughout this game, meeting babes and having their adventures
gives the rollercoaster hype of being attractive and getting the attention back from babes, the
same affection you put in, which is so rare IRL: even getting high still pales to doing it along with
some gorgeous babe while connecting in some surreal kind a way.
1692607526998.png

Last edited:
4.50 star(s) 129 Votes