3.90 star(s) 43 Votes

TheHypest

Apr 6, 2023
Yeah, well, kinda obvious, isn't it? If you were willing and able to resurrect the game by yourself, I guess you would've just done it and this entire exchange would not have happened. :D

So you need help. Fair enough. Since you were absolutely honest, I'll be as well - the fact that you went and disappeared because of an "emergency", and not only that, you went and DELETED your accounts everywhere, figuring you'd not return anyways ... that doesn't sound like someone you want to rely on for the future, does it?

Then you write you lost all contact with everyone that used to work on the project. Excuse me?
In the farewell message on Patreon it said you considered each other "close friends", and you're telling me you go off the radar for a year, and no longer have any email address, IM handle, phone number etc. to get back in touch with either of the two? Not a good sign, either.

Now, even if we were to disregard these technicalities, I, for example, can code and I can use Daz, so in theory, that'd be enough to resurrect the game.

EXCEPT. You no longer have access to "your server". I'm guessing that includes Patreon and SubscribeStar, which is a bit of a problem right there. If at some point you had access, you should be able to work that out with the support staff at those companies. Let's say, somehow, you make it across that hurdle.

You no longer have access to the art assets. That is, every already rendered scene, every piece of architecture or prop used in the game, every character, every clothing, every hairpiece ... all that stuff. There are some assets in there I immediately recognize, but assembling everything is kind of a mammoth task.
And that part you COULD do alone if you really wanted to. Or at the very least try.

That all said, I'm not trying to be mean or anything, I'm just saying it's not easy and you have a tainted track record. I reviewed this game at one point and you can find the one (huge) criticism I had with the update I last played, but other than that, I really liked the way the story progressed and the way everything was set up.
If you wrote all that, hats off to you, great work. I'd love to see more from you.

But maybe it would be better to direct your energy towards creating a new game instead of trying to resurrect this one, considering the circumstances.
there is a lot to say and I appreciate your candor, but I had a real serious personal issue which rocked my life. I wanted to distance myself from everything. Furthermore my team had mentally moved on with their lives which is why I cannot get a hold of them.

it is fair to say the game is dead.

Qwertyjerk666

Feb 9, 2023
there is a lot to say and I appreciate your candor, but I had a real serious personal issue which rocked my life. I wanted to distance myself from everything. Furthermore my team had mentally moved on with their lives which is why I cannot get a hold of them.

Sad to hear that. Game was great!

Reactions: TheHypest

rezaf

Jul 3, 2017
Everyone can be subject to a personal tragedy, unfortunately. The point I was trying to make was that it speaks volumes and does not instill hope how you chose to deal with said tragedy, whatever it may have been. Just leaving everything behind for the time being, that I can understand, deleting all accounts ... yeah, I have a harder time with this one. What if another such tragedy hits?

That someone has "mentally moved on with their lives" in the space of only about a year might mean that they are no longer willing to get back to working on the game, that's more than fair, but why should that mean you can no longer get hold of your "close friends"? Sorry, also have a hard time with this one.

And about recovering Patreon etc. you say there's a chance of "0", that's even harder to believe. The whole point of having a Patreon or a Subscribestar is so people can pledge money there. And what is supposed to happen with this money? It's supposed to end up with the person who launched the Patreon/SuSt. Which means there must be some pay-out line which ultimately ends up at the recipient of the money, which would be you, in this case. And if you control this point where the money ends up, the chance of recovering the sites should be FAR from zero. That, regardless of all that, you put it at 0 is most telling of all.

Whatever the reasons for everything written above or previously, this is at least a candid and realistic comment.
And the reason for me advising to put your energy toward a new project.
If you're not willing to do that, that's totally okay, of course, everyone can make their own decisions.
But that also means, everything your wrote was just nostalgia, nothing else.

Best of luck for the future, wherever you decide to head to.

Reactions: TheHypest
3.90 star(s) 43 Votes