VN Others Order of the White Rose [Ch. 12] [NephiLongbottom]

4.30 star(s) 4 Votes

NephiLongbottom

Game Developer
Feb 19, 2022
Hi all! Currently testing a linux version of the main game. Seems to work just fine. Making the linux build was actually painless, I should have done it from the start :LOL:

I'll release it tomorrow. Just making sure that there are no hiccups.
Thanks JohnF95zone for the idea!

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
Hi all! Currently testing a linux version of the main game. Seems to work just fine. Making the linux build was actually painless, I should have done it from the start :LOL:

I'll release it tomorrow. Just making sure that there are no hiccups.
Thanks JohnF95zone for the idea!
Let me tell you I'm ready, I'm ready
(Ready for testing) Ready for testing
Willing and able (Oh)
I can't get enough
I just can't get enough
Ready, I'm willing and able
I'm ready (For your linux build)
For linux build
Willing and able :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Basically, I can test/verify the Linux build (even before you release it to public) and compared against Windows build. I believe it is the same and will not contain any new contents that the public have no access to. Cheers.

NephiLongbottom

Game Developer
Feb 19, 2022
LINUX BUILD NOW AVAILABLE!

Linux build for the main game v0.3.7 is now available. Check the links in my original post.
Installation is basically the same as the windows build. Place the chapter packs ("chapter01.pck", "chapter02.pck", and so on...) in the "packs" folder of the main game. Run the "Project SS Main.x86_64" to play.

I orginally planned this to ship with chapter 5 which comes out in a couple of weeks, but it turns out it was actually pretty easy to make the build. I didn't need to make any changes to the code. Just had to download an export template for godot and that was it :D

If you're on linux, please give it a go. Give me a heads up if there are any issues.

I know it's a bummer it didn't come with chapter 5 but...
ch004_165d.png
Just a couple more weeks to go!

fedoraTipping

Jul 1, 2021
As a non-videogame dev, I think this game is so cool when it comes to distribution. Where players can just download the updates for new content, not needing to redownload everything. I can also see how preventative this mechanism can be for player who just want to play something; they would need to download 4 files. The idea of downloading 4 files alone would basically drive most of players clear of this game, and that's a shame since it's so good.

A simple fix. Include a link to the binary with latest packs pre-installed. Dev, please do this; because this game deserve to have more players, and it literally takes less than 5 mins...

Reactions: NephiLongbottom

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
Hi,

I've tested the Linux build (just Chapter 1) and it works like a charm. I have provided detailed testing feedback directly to NLB as to reduce noise in this thread. Cheers.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

• Red Heart

NephiLongbottom

Game Developer
Feb 19, 2022
SINGLE DOWNLOAD NOW AVAILABLE!!!
ch004_187b.png
Next week is the release of chapter 5! We'll finally get some action going! All that teasing from Lili is giving Shura wet dreams!

But before that, we now have a single download available. This is for those who want to try the game out and don't want to be bothered by separate downloads. The download contains the main game plus chapters 1 to 3. Following chapters are then downloaded separately.

Keep in mind though, the pack contains the main game and chapters 1 to 3. So you'll be ready to go once extracted. Also I should warn you now: Chapter 3 contains NINJAS!!!
003_111.png
So if you're not into this kind of thing, THIS IS YOUR WARNING!!!

*** The image with the pig-tailed chick getting rammed from behind is not part of chapters 1 to 4. It's in chapter 5 which will be available next week.

Last edited:

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
Short update about the Linux build testing. As expected there is no issues, all chapters (1 to 4) can be played without any errors or hiccups (so far). Verdict: Approved(y)

• Red Heart

NephiLongbottom

Game Developer
Feb 19, 2022
Short update about the Linux build testing. As expected there is no issues, all chapters (1 to 4) can be played without any errors or hiccups (so far). Verdict: Approved(y)

Thanks very much! Kakashi, Oboro, and Morgaine?! HOT DAMN!!! Cheers!

Last edited:
  • I just jizzed my pants
Reactions: JohnF95zone

NephiLongbottom

Game Developer
Feb 19, 2022
CHAPTER 5 IS OUT!!!

Shura starts magic training with Silvia! Damn, I sure hope he doesn't start a fire or something!

ch004_138.png

It's going to be a tough and long day for him. What better way to end it but with a nice hot shower...
ch004_156.png

Damn it Shura! It's occupied!!!

****************************************************************************************************
Please read the installation instructions in the original post. Have fun!

ohhaiguize

Oct 2, 2018
For so many people freaking out and writing dissertations on why NTR is the devil I want to jump in here to rain on their parade and say that the first and foremost reason I came to this thread was because of the NTR tag specifically.
If the dev wants to add something to his game then that's his choice.

The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018
I just think the ninjas got a bad reaction because
A. It wasn't telegraphed that this was that type of game and
B. its unavoidable.

An easy way to keep more fans and get people to shut up is simply make the scene avoidable.

Its obviously a light hearted game meant to be sexy and fun and a lot of people engage with that.

The issue is the game isn't really aimed at the En Tee Arr crowd, its a single scene between a BF and his GF.... not exactly what that crowd want...
So you're going to get it from both sides unfortunately. Harem Chads wanting no scenes other then MC dicking down ladies and En Tee Arr Cucks wanting all the girls fucked/stolen by random men....
And here you are just trying to tell a irreverent story with lots of sex and don't give a damn about either group's preconceptions.

Least that is my take on things so far.

Last edited:

JohnF95zone

Engaged Member
Oct 31, 2017
I just think the ninjas got a bad reaction because
A. It wasn't telegraphed that this was that type of game and
B. its unavoidable.

An easy way to keep more fans and get people to shut up is simply make the scene avoidable.

Its obviously a light hearted game meant to be sexy and fun and a lot of people engage with that.

The issue is the game isn't really aimed at the En Tee Arr crowd, its a single scene between a BF and his GF.... not exactly what that crowd want...
So you're going to get it from both sides unfortunately. Harem Chads wanting no scenes other then MC dicking down ladies and En Tee Arr Cucks wanting all the girls fucked/stolen by random men....
And here you are just trying to tell a irreverent story with lots of sex and don't give a damn about either group's preconceptions.

Least that is my take on things so far.
Basically that is in line with my understanding, NLB wants to tell a story with lots of sex and lewds, without binding to any group or person orientation, preferences and preconceptions. That inevitably triggered those groups and individuals.

Currently, that Ninja scene is avoidable* by not playing Chapter 3 (or the game if you will :ROFLMAO:). Now, for some technical detail, NLB can make the Ninja scene in Chapter 3 avoidable by giving player choice but unable to do just that using the new Godot game engine (for reasons only NLB knows). NLB can in the future revisit Chapter 3 (or any other chapters) to add player choices, sounds, animations, effects etc. but as far as I know there is no plan for that in the immediate future. It seems that most likely NLB is more interested to progress the main story and adding side stories.

*Avoidable itself can mean that players will not see but the Ninja scene did happened or players can decide if the scene happened or not (perhaps there are other possibilities:unsure:). The later changes the narrative. Also, what is the different between optional and avoidable?

The decisions made so far do impact the bottom line (as far as the playerbase and fans numbers are concerned). Were they the right choices or wrong choices? Only time will tell. One thing for sure is, everyone can and should learn from their mistakes. Cheers.

Last edited:

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
Basically that is in line with my understanding, NLB wants to tell a story with lots of sex and lewds, without binding to any group or person orientation, preferences and preconceptions. That inevitably triggered those groups and individuals.

Currently, that Ninja scene is avoidable* by not playing Chapter 3 (or the game if you will :ROFLMAO:). Now, for some technical detail, NLB can make the Ninja scene in Chapter 3 avoidable by giving player choice but unable to do just that using the new Godot game engine (for reasons only NLB knows). NLB can in the future revisit Chapter 3 (or any other chapters) to add player choices, sounds, animations, effects etc. but as far as I know there is no plan for that in the immediate future. It seems that most likely NLB is more interested to progress the main story and adding side stories.

*Avoidable itself can mean that players will not see but the Ninja scene did happened or players can decide if the scene happened or not (perhaps there are other possibilities:unsure:). The later changes the narrative. Also, what is the different between optional and avoidable?

The decisions made so far do impact the bottom line (as far as the playerbase and fans numbers are concerned). Were they the right choices or wrong choices? Only time will tell. One thing for sure is, everyone can and should learn from their mistakes. Cheers.
a dude threw a rock at my head
I avoided the rock but the rock hit me
that's basically what you're saying with avoidable...
how is that avoidable?

Bloodguard

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2021
Game has been in Dev for a while, why no reviews? :unsure:
Images look nice but if I see NTR and kinetic novel tags together, usually that's a nope. :poop:
Maybe it's like a lot of games on here and all the NTR haters reviews get deleted? That would only be helpful to the Dev if there was at least one positive review to fall back on though, right? ;)
No animations for Honey Select seems very strange, as their animations are not super hard to pull off right?
Guessing music and sexy sounds would be too much to hope for?

vogelbeest

Engaged Member
Jan 9, 2021
Seriously, i don't see why NTR is even a topic in this thread...

Basicly this is a comic, you see characters in a story, you don't get to name the MC, you don't get to chose any of the actions for any of the characters.... it's a kinetic novel in comic style... People commenting pro or anti NTR while it's not even in the game so far.... Seeing a ton comments on NTR when it's clear these guys didn't even bother to play the game....

It's some funny cartoon kinetic novel adult entertainment, won't get a Pulitzer prize (what game on this site does?) but it's certainly worth the time to check it out some time.... Just try it, there's some funny moments and the story is interesting enough so far.... Maybe it's not your thing, maybe it will bring a smile on your face....

Edit : thanks for adding your facepalm to confirm you have not played this game but like to ad to another useless discussion about NTR... (not a fan of it myself btw, just to be clear.... Just check tags ; i don't see harem so what if another then the protagonist is cheating with/on 2 sisters that neither are considered to be a LI to the main character???!)

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 4 Votes