• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Abandoned Ordinary Journey [v0.3] [Ordinary Games]

3.20 star(s) 9 Votes

Sycarion

Apr 12, 2020
I only tried this game after 0.3. release.

From what I read and I saw in game, I think the dev made the first NTR BJ scene to be unavoidable to emphasize Andrea being a total slut, which seems to be core to her character. Yes, he might've wanted to make it avoidable in the very beginning of the development process but didn't because of technical limitations. But it seems also pretty core to her character to me. So win-win for the dev's goals, I guess?

I mean, is she really a slut if she has never been shown sucking the dick of another character at least once in the entire game? And if that scene was avoidable and other NTR stuff are avoidable, when else would the dev show her being a slut? And the part where it makes the most sense to show that would be the start of the game. A point in time where she isn't the MC's lover yet, and it makes the most sense to show her being a slut there.

What he meant with avoidable in the future could be something like players having a choice in the future to either tame her and make her loyal only to the MC or let her stay as she is and let her sleep around with other characters. If these options were the case, it's totally fine for me. I mean after the alleyway BJ scene, I think all NTR scenes up to 0.3. are avoidable iirc.

And to the person writing that they wouldn't go after her just because she likes black dick, be careful cuz your racism seems to pop out there. She just likes big dicks. End of story. She even goes after the MC because his dick is bigger than Jamal's. If she likes only one race, she would not have gone after the MC.

All in all, this whole thing was just a big case of misunderstanding and miscommunication.

I get why some people feel lied to but I also get why the dev becomes defensive and quite mad/hostile. After all, a lot of people were going at him in a very hostile and accusative manner as well. Going forward both sides need to keep their heads cool.

Good luck with the game dev. I'll keep an eye on it.

Mikuby

Aug 24, 2019
I mean, is she really a slut if she has never been shown sucking the dick of another character at least once in the entire game? And if that scene was avoidable and other NTR stuff are avoidable, when else would the dev show her being a slut? And the part where it makes the most sense to show that would be the start of the game. A point in time where she isn't the MC's lover yet, and it makes the most sense to show her being a slut there.

What he meant with avoidable in the future could be something like players having a choice in the future to either tame her and make her loyal only to the MC or let her stay as she is and let her sleep around with other characters. If these options were the case, it's totally fine for me. I mean after the alleyway BJ scene, I think all NTR scenes up to 0.3. are avoidable iirc.

And to the person writing that they wouldn't go after her just because she likes black dick, be careful cuz your racism seems to pop out there. She just likes big dicks. End of story. She even goes after the MC because his dick is bigger than Jamal's. If she likes only one race, she would not have gone after the MC.
You don't need to show a character sucking or fucking someone to know that she was/is a slut, it could be made in some kind of scene, a talk between family members/friends that you overheard or something for example. Or just show her thoughts whe she is going after the MC, you DON'T need to show a sex scene to show a character trait. When you show a LI/future love interest of the game fucking/sucking other guy that is not the MC, you lose people that want the girls for themselves, you also lose people that don't like NTR so making the oint of having it avoidable later on pointless, the romance guys will also not like it, since who would want to pursue a slut?...

The problem is that showing said scene makes the people that don't like NTR, see a NTR forced scene. Even if that is the only forced scene in all the game, I'm not sure it will be the only one since the dev already made a forced scene to begin with, it would have left a bad taste on people that don't like NTR, or just make them stop playing at that point. He could have made it avoidable and we could later find that she was pretty wild/slut on her past, that and her way of acting would have shown the slut trait of Andrea.

Forcing a kink at the beginning of the game is not a good thing, Andrea is by that point a future LI so seeing her sucking dicks just make me lose interest in her, I could "care" for a slut character that is never seen with other guys, but after seeing that I couldn't care less about her. So people that don't like NTR could stop playing the game at that scene, so the making it avoidable later on is pointless, that's if it's 100% avoidable later in the game which we don't know because she is a slut and the dev already forced a scene with her and Jamal.

Also I don't think that the one who wrote that meant that she was going after only black dicks, but more of a jab to the NTR thrope of BBC and dumb slut girls and people not wanting to pursuit a girl who is a slut for BBC or that just loves big cocks, I could be wrong thought, but I didn't see that comment as you did.

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
Keep on making Non-Ntr path...
Can't really make a path that doesn't exist. All it does is skip the scenes, they still canonically happen. I would suggest you play other games.

(on an unrelated note)

UncleVT would you kindly remove the ? from NTR under genre. (So people don't get confused and rant).

Reactions: Milflover68

Ennoch

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Oct 10, 2017
All it does is skip the scenes, they still canonically happen.
Have you actually played the game because i don't think so.

There are three scenes. One is a plot device element, which happens whether people are crybabies about it or not. The other two are absolutely up to the player whether they happen or not. Not just "if you skip it still happens". You just quit after the alley scene, haven't you.

Osamabeenfappin

Nov 24, 2019
Not usually a fan of this type of game......yet somehow this one is working for me. You sunuvabitch.......I'm in.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
At this point, there are plenty of points in this game. No, they don't change much yet, [...]
There isn't much points, and they will change absolutely nothing.

Oh yes, there's variables, and perhaps that one day he will use them as trigger. But like the code is 100% broke, it will lead nowhere. He constantly assign a value to the variables, in place of updating them ; as far as the game goes, the choices made by the player don't matter at all. And in top of that, the most important variables, the "[...]atrac" ones, are created with a name different than the one used (so far) in the game ; which open the gate to game crash in the future.

In the end, the best that will happen is him writing scenes that no one will see.
I mean, it's already the third update, and he still haven't tried to validate that the variables change correctly ; else he would have seen that it's not the case. Therefore, what are the odds that he will effectively test if the scenes are correctly triggered ? And even if he do, it will be in what update ? Will he really go back to the code and correct every single variables change, or prefer to just quit ?

Deleted member 770309

Jul 23, 2018
Meh just seems like another typical NTR game shit story MC is a cuck bitch and every girl is a hoe how original i was kinda hoping you would be doing the cucking but meh guess i will pass.

Dexco

Jul 1, 2020
Wow! i really love these bimbos they look amazing! only need to put ALOT of anal scenes. Also, the sex scenes are too short.

Dopplyn

May 8, 2018
Guys, what is ?
I heard that he made this announcement in August, said that he had become ill and therefore cannot work on the game, and that he would pause the page on Patreon and return with the update in September.

Reactions: Vmr15
3.20 star(s) 9 Votes