VN Ren'Py Abandoned Our Fate - A new family [v0.15 SE] [CedSense]

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes

Djd3

Jun 7, 2017
No worries, I'm glad to answer any question.

What is in the OP is a pretty good hint to what direction the game will take.
I plan to add more things for sure as the game is getting more updates. I can't provide an exhaustive list for now, sorry :/ But you'll find most usual kinks and fetishes.
As I said all extreme / weird stuff will be optional, like sharing her, if put in the game. Of course, if you pick the 'corruption' path, it will be kinda hypocritical to complain about her being corrupted ^^ But because I understand that some things are not for everyone, I won't make them mandatory.
Thanks for the info, i'll give it a shot in the next few days and give feedback of course.

About the hypocrisy i can't agree tho. I'm one of the player that would go romance or the submissive path at most, (Im a sucker for dominant romance, if well made haha) but i cant see why you can't make optional the ''exterme stuff'' even in that path.
I'll explain myself: If the player go on a corruption path the main focus should be making the ''corrupted one'' do things that normally wouldn't do, not making her do things that the MC wouldnt want her to but the player does (that is specific for ntr but can be streached for the other kinks too).
Seems pretty early to talk about those topics but just wanted to share my opinion about them.

P.S Sorry someone said the exact same thing about the corruption path few post back, didnt notice haha.

CedSense

Game Developer
Dec 14, 2017
Thanks for the info, i'll give it a shot in the next few days and give feedback of course.

About the hypocrisy i can't agree tho. I'm one of the player that would go romance or the submissive path at most, (Im a sucker for dominant romance, if well made haha) but i cant see why you can't make optional the ''exterme stuff'' even in that path.
I'll explain myself: If the player go on a corruption path the main focus should be making the ''corrupted one'' do things that normally wouldn't do, not making her do things that the MC wouldnt want her to but the player does (that is specific for ntr but can be streached for the other kinks too).
Seems pretty early to talk about those topics but just wanted to share my opinion about them.
I must be tired. So I'll try to explain again.
4 paths:
- no sex, just friends or mentor / pupil
- love story / romance
- dominant / submissive
- corruption

In each path you can act more cold or friendly and all / any extreme kink like sharing her or NTR will be optional if implemented. So I can and I will make optional the extreme stuff, whatever the path.
What I wanted to say is that extreme is relative, corrupting a girl can be seen as extreme for some. So while some stuff will be avoidable by a choice popping up on screen (like sharing her for example) some others will be avoidable by not taking the path at all (like corrupting her).

To be clear: if you don't want NTR'ish things at all, there will be none in your playthrough, if you don't want corruption, there will be none, if don't want sex at all, there will be none. If you want corruption + sharing her + BDSM there might be that option too, if you want to.

kiteares

Nov 15, 2017
Being dominant doesn't equals being a complete jerk, douchebag, asshole, etc. Not by faaar! Although it definitely seems like lotsa people seem to think that for some reason. Sure, some prefer it that way but thats not something of a requirement. I kinda hate those games where i have to be a complete assole to play the dominant route....
^^This^^
Nice to find a kindred spirit. I know there are people that would laugh me out of the place if I told them that some of the most caring and thoughtful people I have met are Dommes and Doms.

Do I take it that the D/s path in this game reflects this?

Djd3

Jun 7, 2017
In each path you can act more cold or friendly and all / any extreme kink like sharing her or NTR will be optional if implemented. So I can and I will make optional the extreme stuff, whatever the path.
What I wanted to say is that extreme is relative, corrupting a girl can be seen as extreme for some. So while some stuff will be avoidable by a choice popping up on screen (like sharing her for example) some others will be avoidable by not taking the path at all (like corrupting her).

To be clear: if you don't want NTR'ish things at all, there will be none in your playthrough, if you don't want corruption, there will be none, if don't want sex at all, there will be none. If you want corruption + sharing her + BDSM there might be that option too, if you want to.
I got that the first time you said that, that were just my though on what corruption route shoud/should not have as main events.
Thanks for repeating but there was no need, i wrote that i saw someone else asked practicly the same thing and you answered already.
The only remaning thing to do is try the game then!

215303j

Excellent update! And much earlier than I thought! ;)

One thing that I found a bit strange is that D's response to F doesn't change much whether you play nice or cold. The dialogue with Anna is exactly the same. I mean, although the MC still pays for everything she needs, if he acts like a jerk I suppose at least Anna could have gotten a clue about his real intentions. That conversation makes sense only if you play the good route.

Also, perhaps it would be better to keep the fact that she's your daughter completely to yourself (for now at least) rather than sharing it with Susan and Sammy, like you could in v0.2.

WaerM

Dec 3, 2017
Man i totally fell in love with this game , the writing is fantastic (in my taste), the faith of the mother and the childhood of the daughter really touched me (in a non-sexual way).
And the Daughter is drop dead Gorgeous.
The only problem i have with this is when choosing the take charge-way in the hotell the MC turns in to "Douche McFucker" really wish there was a middle choice where you could take charge without being a gigantic asshat....
And It would be nice to have some background on the otherwise beatiful animations. ...
Keep up the great work man and I'm so looking forward to see the progressing of this game....

And I'm sorry for eventuall errors in my language.
English isn't my native language :)

Nizzquizz

Oct 20, 2017
*is still giggling like an idiot about Hank the Fox and how the characters were worried about him*

Ehm, yeah, so. Update already. Nice job!
So far i can only repeat my statement about the good writing and the strong characters.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

@CedSense
Got a question tho: If you can be friendly or cold in any of the paths ... do the friendly-cold-choices actually influence anything 'cept the writing/character? Like, if you really are just a cold hardass, you will be most likely or even superglued to the dom-sub or corruption paths, wheras friendly people will most likely be romantic or a mentor/fatherly roommate?
I mean, i suppose you'll make those important choices quiet obvious and probably as explicit as the questions whether we want to be caring and helpful. Just been wondering if cold-friendly really just changes the tone, because that's a lot of extra-work "just" for roleplaying and setting the mood ... important work, but impressive nonetheless.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Also i want to compliment your developer-mentality. Giving people the freedom of choice is always the best way - in games as in life. Thus making all kinds of kinks optional is definitively the right, the good thing to do, even if writing/programming this might turn to a pain in the ass in the long run. ^^"

Reactions: MrCrow

Mwanted

Oct 1, 2017
@CedSense
Hey man, nice game and interesting story. I think I'm gonna support you. Just a friendly advice though: ntr and such kinks are perfectly fine (and liked), a lot of creators that added it (to spice up the story and its variety and make the game less boring) had moderate to huge success. So treat the opinion of people writing betacuckfag (lol) like you should, remember that more variety is always a sign of a good quality game. Following your story and its characters I think it fits pretty well (the first I can think of is the friend of the mc that finds the girl). Good luck

CedSense

Game Developer
Dec 14, 2017
@CedSense
Got a question tho: If you can be friendly or cold in any of the paths ... do the friendly-cold-choices actually influence anything 'cept the writing/character? Like, if you really are just a cold hardass, you will be most likely or even superglued to the dom-sub or corruption paths, wheras friendly people will most likely be romantic or a mentor/fatherly roommate?
I mean, i suppose you'll make those important choices quiet obvious and probably as explicit as the questions whether we want to be caring and helpful. Just been wondering if cold-friendly really just changes the tone, because that's a lot of extra-work "just" for roleplaying and setting the mood ... important work, but impressive nonetheless.
Thanks for the very kind words!
Well, for now it's it mostly for roleplay but I want to improve and build on this system eventually. To be honest I'm not sure how still because of the fact that's it is my first game and I'm not sure about everything and the amount of work that is required to be able to meet the deadlines.
Of course, as the game progresses and the player chooses a path, the 'friendly' / 'cold' choices will also evolve, meaning it will have a different meaning to be 'friendly' in a pure friendship route than in a 'corruption' one. In one case it will more like 'supportive' / 'disapprove' and in the other it could be 'encourage' / 'order'. But it's all pretty much still up for debate on my part, subject to be tuned or refined.

Thanks again for your comments, it really is heartwarming to read!

CedSense

Game Developer
Dec 14, 2017
@CedSense
Hey man, nice game and interesting story. I think I'm gonna support you. Just a friendly advice though: ntr and such kinks are perfectly fine (and liked), a lot of creators that added it (to spice up the story and its variety and make the game less boring) had moderate to huge success. So treat the opinion of people writing betacuckfag (lol) like you should, remember that more variety is always a sign of a good quality game. Following your story and its characters I think it fits pretty well (the first I can think of is the friend of the mc that finds the girl). Good luck
Thank you!
I kinda already know but it's nice to read!
To be honest, even if having more success is always nice, and I'm struggling a bit on that part for now, I wanted to add those kind of fetishes from the start only to offer the most complete experience as possible.
I just want to be upfront, leave the choice to the player, I'm just not ready to commit completely yet and say that for sure this or that will be in the game later, because it is still very early and I don't want people complaining later "But 6 months ago you said we would be able to do that!"
The idea of having Claire shared with someone or having her choose to engage with someone else without the consent of the MC (but with yours as a player), is something I was thinking about from the start, I just don't know how, when, why. Yet. I have an idea, I prepared for it in the script, with some characters, it's not just set in stone for now!
The PI will be a viable candidate for sure, but I have some other plans too. Better stay tuned ;)
Thank you again for your support!

Reactions: rgnar62 and 03abc

Eye-switcher

Jun 30, 2017
Really like this game, looking forward to be able to share her, maybe with his private detective friend, that would be very nice

Reactions: 03abc

sasquach

Dec 28, 2017
i would like too say ty for the game great job on writing and art work its fun too play
[ me im a softy ] so i like the love respect route but i also like the fact you can be a jerk lol
i do belive this game will be a hit when you get more content like the best friend in too it
its more like real life soo many ways too go but none of them are ever right lol
[ just remember in this and real life you can never make all happy no matter how hard you try this is something i found out the hard way lol ]
this game gets a 8 out of 10 from me with a high hope for 9 or 10 [ i have never gave a 10 lol but one can hope ]
again keep up the way your going use your imagination maybe find a way too add a little magic, like a chance incounter that just happens to go the mc way for a change, too explain like the force in star wars, or ka in the dark tower series something very random very unexpected but for the positive just an opinion lol ty again
don

fulcrum

Engaged Member
Feb 2, 2018
The new and improved DMD. I just hope we won't have to wait that long.

And it's the psychologist's daughter, right?

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes