VN Ren'Py Our Fate: Remake (Dev Thread)

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes

dav121

Oct 13, 2016
Hey, L&Bear. Someone on the original games thread said they read where the Dev sadly passed away. If that is true, maybe you could continue on now in his memory. I don't know if you would want to, but just thought I'd fill you in if you hadn't heard.
I think you need to edit that. It was said there was a possibility that he passed last October.

Reactions: BigDaddyDom

Talmadge

May 7, 2018
I think you need to edit that. It was said there was a possibility that he passed last October.
I did not see where it said there was a possibility. I only saw the person say they thought they read he had passed. Maybe I missed the word. I don't know. But, I said "If that is true". So I just said I don't know if he did or not. No need to edit anything.

dav121

Oct 13, 2016
I did not see where it said there was a possibility. I only saw the person say they thought they read he had passed. Maybe I missed the word. I don't know. But, I said "If that is true". So I just said I don't know if he did or not. No need to edit anything.
As you wish, I don't mind giving out about devs but I feel a line might be crossed by moving them on into the next life.

Jul 7, 2018
It is and always has been Ced's intent to finish OF. The last time I asked that question was in October and he answered that he intends to finish and I see nothing that has changed.

Reactions: L7Bear and Yngling

Talmadge

May 7, 2018
It is and always has been Ced's intent to finish OF. The last time I asked that question was in October and he answered that he intends to finish and I see nothing that has changed.
Well. I'm glad to hear for sure that he is alive a well. And I hope his health is better and he can return to working. Both on this and his real job if he has one. I like where he was going with it, and I hope he continues with the original premise of it.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Man, I gotta say, it doesn't exactly make me think better of Cedsense, that he has his patreon still running, even has people who became patrons in recent months, while being totally incommunicado, and yet he doesn't want anyone else working on finishing this game.

At this point, he should be honest to himself and accept that he won't continue with the game, if he hasn't in all these years.
I mean, it's been way more than half a year since he killed the chance for a remake/continuation, and yet still nothing from him.
I accept, it is his game, his baby, but if he hasn't returned so far, he never will.
This way Our Fate will just be another one of the great games which will never be finished, and that pisses me off, even with all the understanding for his situation I can muster.

Last edited:

ifss

Mar 3, 2019
I don't know if anyone else can do better than CedSense. The plot and character build is important.

Mookey

Nov 13, 2017
Wow so sad. I just came across this and was getting excited, but apparently CedSense sent them a "dismissive" statement "apparently" wanting them to stop? And now it's been almost a year later and still no news on OF continuing? That's like saying someone has the intent to clean the garage or go to Paris, but never makes it happen. I could understand if development actually started again and there's been an update but 3.5 years after the last update and all we get is "he intends". Give me a break. I'm not one to rant against developers but when you tell someone to stop working on a fan remake but still do nothing after a year, ESPECIALLY if it was in a dismissive way, then that is getting on the ridiculous side. I want to see OF continue, but if it's never gonna happen or won't anytime in the next year or more, I would love for this project to continue.

Very much looking forward to trying out Lost at Birth as I'm quite impressed with the quality and the genre.

Reactions: bcool

ifss

Mar 3, 2019
People rant here a lot but miss the point that the game is as good as the dev behind it. There could be a fan remake but whether it would be better or worse than the original cannot be predicted.

There are so many games out there. Why the angst?

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes