Our Home has two modes Free-roam (sandbox) and VN, which mode did you play in?

• Free-Roam (Sandbox)

Votes: 45 31.9%
  • VN (Linear)

Votes: 96 68.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
No need to thank me, your game so far got loads of quality, as I said before, the renders are good, animations are great, and the story so far is good, with tons of opportunities to expand.

With me only playing your game a few days ago from start to end of v2.2.2, I have no fucking clue as to why people spent 6 pages taking it down. It feels like a well polished game, high production value, everything works kinda thing. Nothing like the shittalk I read.

Now, if I should come up with something negative just to stay in line with the rest of the thread, it would be, add a 'back' or 'return' button in the menus. Maybe it's just me, but it feels nice to have a fixed place to click. :)

Also, add girls to the 'relationship' button in the top right corner, as soon as you meet them, even if you just looked at them and thinking "oh wow, she looks hot, I wanna learn more about her" or "I hope to see her again", something like that. As long as they can/will become part of the story. At the end of v2.2.2 I only had Norah and Amelia added in the character bio, but I met so many more, like the girl at the mall, the fitness girl, THE MAID, the girl in the hair salon, and so forth. Just add them, you don't need to add a full bio, just something like "I met her at (x), I don't know anything about her"..

I know this game got a rough start, but I really hope you pull through and continue, it just feels like you got something special brewing here and it could be top 90% if you keep going with what you have in v2.2.2.

Ayrton Senna é o maior piloto do mundo.
I just gave up trying to understand some comments.

I'd rather not go into the reasons why I imagine some players do this sort of thing. I prefer to just look at criticism as an opportunity for improvement, and well, Our Home is now the only game that has a process where people can report dialogue errors if they think something might be wrong.

I've had other feedback regarding navigation, I'll address the issue, I've tried to create a very clean layout with no back buttons everywhere, but maybe that can be confusing.

About the characters, showing them in relationships is basically linked to a moment in the story where the MC gets the contact of a certain character and has his phone number added to his agenda.

But I don't think it's a big problem to insert this contact before, it won't change much in the historical context, it seems quite feasible to me.

I'm already working on the next version, I just released this 2.2.2, and I'm going to put these points in my roadmap.

Thanks for the feedback, feel free to make any suggestions you think are relevant.

WakamoSato

Jan 9, 2021

I'd rather not go into the reasons why I imagine some players do this sort of thing. I prefer to just look at criticism as an opportunity for improvement, and well, Our Home is now the only game that has a process where people can report dialogue errors if they think something might be wrong.

I've had other feedback regarding navigation, I'll address the issue, I've tried to create a very clean layout with no back buttons everywhere, but maybe that can be confusing.

About the characters, showing them in relationships is basically linked to a moment in the story where the MC gets the contact of a certain character and has his phone number added to his agenda.

But I don't think it's a big problem to insert this contact before, it won't change much in the historical context, it seems quite feasible to me.

I'm already working on the next version, I just released this 2.2.2, and I'm going to put these points in my roadmap.

Thanks for the feedback, feel free to make any suggestions you think are relevant.
I think you got a gem on your hands, this game got potential to become one of the greats. Just keep going.

The 'report dialogue errors' is a stroke of genius, it's just a brilliant idea, I only used it once, (text was 'us', should have been 'use') so minor stuff. I'm not a native english speaker, so can't help with the more complicated stuff.

In regards to the character contact info, think of it as the phone and the bio screen being two seperate things, so meeting a girl for the first time, like in the hair salon or the MAID or the girl kicking ass in front of the mall, would be added to the 'top right corner bio', but not to the phone, so you know they are existing, but you don't know anything more, so you don't have them in the phone yet. Take the girl in front of mall as example, text in char bio could just read "omg, what a crazy girl. But she looked hot, I would like to learn more about her, or get to know her better, hope to meet her again" something like that.. No entry in phone yet.

I hope it was somewhat helpfull and have a great weekend.

Last edited:

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018

so a fresh start is required then?
ive tried a few of old saves (different events each), and after any of those events is finished, the game just sends player to the start screen (game over).

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
so a fresh start is required then?
ive tried a few of old saves (different events each), and after any of those events is finished, the game just sends player to the start screen (game over).
You are probably using save version 2.1.6 or lower, unfortunately I made a mistake between version 2.1.6 and version 2.1.7, so grab this save from the end of version 2.1.7, it will help you. Version 2.1.7 I just corrected some things in English.

Unfortunately, it's something I couldn't solve in renpy, because of some limitations, Version 2.1.7 was the longest available for download.

You can change the MC's name on the phone.

Last edited:
Reactions: Abhai

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
You are probably using save version 2.1.6 or lower, unfortunately I made a mistake between version 2.1.6 and version 2.1.7, so grab this save from the end of version 2.1.7, it will help you. Version 2.1.7 I just corrected some things in English.

Unfortunately, it's something I couldn't solve in renpy, because of some limitations, Version 2.1.7 was the longest available for download.

You can change the MC's name on the phone.
yeah, thanks.
i have started a new game/save, and everything is good so far.
the only thing is that i have no fucking clue what to do after following marta to kims room :HideThePain:
ive tried to wait for hours and nothing happens.

not sure why did you decide to go with sandbox - for now there is no reasons for that model, i would say:unsure:
it is way harder to code/manage (and it is more bugs "friendly"), it usually annoys majority of players, even if it isnt that grindy due to lack of content (aka empty scenes/spaces etc).

one more things would be those avatars of speakers with diallogues/textboxses- no need to have those at all, or you could make it optional
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

well, that would be it from my side for now.
as another user has pointed already, the game isnt half bad, and with a bit of luck and proper development it could be one of the better ones for sure(y)

edit.
solved not being able to progress the story after following marta:
apparently, there is a hints bug.
after following marta, hint remains the same (should go to norah house), while the mc should go to the gym, to be able to continue the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lanthander

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
yeah, thanks.
the only thing is that i have no fucking clue what to do after following marta to kims room :HideThePain:

not sure why did you decide to go with sandbox - for now there is no reasons for that model, i would say:unsure:
it is way harder to code/manage (and it is more bugs "friendly"), it usually annoys majority of players, even if it isnt that grindy due to lack of content (aka empty scenes/spaces etc).

one more things would be those avatars of speakers with diallogues/textboxses- no need to have those at all, or you could make it optional

as another user has pointed already, the game isnt half bad, and with a bit of luck and proper development it could be one of the better ones for sure(y)
About the sandbox, as I'm still at the beginning of the story it doesn't really seem to make sense, but soon the game will present all the things I planned for it, mainly the events with each character.

I think I've finally reached the code level where I have all the necessary structure to be able to continue with the sandbox model.

But the sandbox here is not like a grind, I chose to separate it this way, because well, players will be free to follow the story of one character and then another without the need to keep managing dozens of saves just to see the route with another character he would have liked to have gone with.

Something close to what happens with the game What a Legend.

-

About the image on the side, I'm going to create an option in the menu so that it's optional.

It's really simple to implement, and will give the player a more complete view of the scene, thanks for the suggestion.

Reactions: Abhai

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
yeah, thanks.

edit.
solved not being able to progress the story after following marta:
apparently, there is a hints bug.
after following marta, hint remains the same (should go to norah house), while the mc should go to the gym, to be able to continue the game.
About the events they happen in an order, you need to come back the next day at 7am to continue working.

And there is a side quest at 13 on Wednesday at gym.

I will improve the hints so that you can better locate yourself

OldHiccup

Our Home DEV
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 29, 2021
Like put some text in the menu when it says load on the icon in your game, it will help a lot for me and the way that I play ren'py games. And hey!

And, yes, of course, something like a caption on hover or text below the icon.

I can do that, thanks for the feedback.

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
Like put some text in the menu when it says load on the icon in your game, it will help a lot for me and the way that I play ren'py games. And hey!
Maybe also add a choice to adjust the textbox shade (lite to dark), or use a darker font. At the present state, its very difficult to see the text on the screen.

Steppen Wolf

Dec 21, 2019
Without a walkthrough is really annoying....

How do I get to find the keys in order to go inside Nora´s house?

The Pie Rat

Aug 26, 2021
I'm stuck on "There are pending sidequests."

I go to every marker and skip time, nothing happens.

I only have Amelia and Norah, Norah says "Keep the pool clean" (Doesn't say how, nothing happens when I go there.) and "The Weekend" (Nothing happens on the weekend)

sdawg1234

Dec 1, 2019
Couldn't trigger the side quests. Said something was up at Norah's on the weekend and after mindlessly clicking just gave up. It's a empty sandbox with hints that aren't really helpful. I'll come back when this game actually has content and maybe a better hint system. I wish the dev luck and hope they're able to create the game they envision.

Tom7902000

Mar 24, 2017
After 1st vist psychologist, went to the gym then the hint is went back to nora, but it showed you need the key to enter? why?

Big_Brave1

Apr 22, 2022
View attachment 1965207

Overview:
Our Home
is an adult visual novel set in a small town called Pinepool, the main source of income and work for the small town is tourism and two large transport companies.

Our Home tells the story of a young man who has lived his whole life in the orphanage, as far as he knows, his mother died in childbirth, and his father left before he was even born, and when he reaches adulthood he leaves the orphanage and has some challenges until he can find the answers to all the questions surrounding his story.

Your story is surrounded by mystery, adventure, humor and many beautiful women, it's up to you to make the right decisions in search of discovering your true story, avoid or get into trouble and manage to find your childhood love or simply fall in love again. Embark on this adventure and have fun

Our Home - Opener

Thread Updated: 2023-01-08
Release Date: 2023-01-05
Developer: OldHiccup - - - -
Censored: No
Version: 2.2.2
Languages: English, Portuguese (Automatic Translations: Español, Italian, Turkish, German, Ukrainian, Chinese, Russian)
Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

How to make dialogues proofreading in game:

Developer Notes:

This game does not and will never have NTR or sharing. There will be Netori. See developer's note

Version 2.1.6 saves do not work in this update, only version 2.1.7 saves, you can download a save from the end of version 2.1.7 here or start over.

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: - MEGA - - - PIXELDRAIN -
Mac: - MEGA - - - PIXELDRAIN -
Android: - MEGA - - - PIXELDRAIN -
Other:
COMPRESSED

*This unofficial port/version is not released by developer, download at your own risk.

View attachment 1286177 View attachment 1803226 View attachment 1286178 View attachment 1803271 View attachment 1286180 View attachment 1803217 View attachment 1803218 View attachment 1803219 View attachment 1803221 View attachment 1803222 View attachment 1286179 View attachment 1803224 View attachment 1286185 View attachment 1803225

bobdickgus

Apr 9, 2020
I didn't get through the whole playthrough before quitting and deleting, literally nothing so far couldn't be improved by being in a AVN format with choices. My favorite genre of all time is sandboxes like morrowind/skyrim/ark these adult sandboxes are so lacking in content that it is offensive to me personally. I feel they are only done as time wasting exercises to mask a lack of actual content.
The renders were good the writing was just ok but I probably wouldn't bother with it anymore tbh due to the format but best luck.

3.90 star(s) 17 Votes