VN Ren'Py Our Life: Beginnings & Always [v1.7.1 + All DLC's] [GBPatch]

4.70 star(s) 25 Votes

laserjet28

May 15, 2021
Here's a link for those that want all the DLCs already installed for your convenience:
(Basically the FULL game in its entirety... hehe)

Our Life: Beginnings & Always (v1.7.0)
[Base Game + Step1-3 DLC + Cove's Wedding, Derek & Baxter's DLCs]
EDIT: Forgot to mention that the Cove's exclusive Voiced Name Patch is also included
(All up to date as of: May 21, 2023)

EDIT2: A bug was found in the previous version, however our savior came to our rescue and fixed it for us~
Here is the official steam version with all DLCs installed and bug fixes... for now... (more bugs might be found in the future)

Once again, make sure to leave them a LIKE!! ;)

Have Fun. UwU

==

AND Here's the link for everyone that just need the updated DLCs rpa files:

enjoy.

Last edited:

grrsnowy

Oct 21, 2022
hi, thanks so much to everyone for sharing links! i downloaded this one:
Here's a link for those that want all the DLCs already installed for your convenience:
(Basically the FULL game in its entirety... hehe)

Our Life: Beginnings & Always (v1.7.0)
[Base Game + Step1-3 DLC + Cove's Wedding, Derek & Baxter's DLCs]
EDIT: Forgot to mention that the Cove's exclusive Voiced Name Patch is also included
(All up to date as of: May 20, 2023)

and...
anyone else getting this error in derek's step 2 soiree moment?

---
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: could not find label 'soiree_walk_meet_cove'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "s2_soiree_all.rpyc", line 486, in script
File "renpy/ast.py", line 1974, in execute
rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
File "renpy/script.py", line 927, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-10-10.0.22621 AMD64
Ren'Py 7.5.3.22090809
Our Life 1.7.0
Sun May 21 03:33:15 2023
---

this is before the mc goes for a walk and meets cove at the beach. no option to ignore the error so it's stuck here & the rest of the moment is unplayable.

i can get past this error by clicking soiree in the step 2 moment selection screen but when i choose to make mc go to the soiree alone and look for a partner to dance with, baxter's sprite doesn't show up like it did for the previous betas.

is it just me? anyone found a workaround for this?

Reactions: xxxrrrnnn

psychearchive

May 20, 2023
Anyone tried if PC very works on Joiplay on Android? Usually Renpy works on it
It (sadly) does not, only the cove wedding dlc seems to be working. I tried the same file on my laptop, and it worked. But when I tried it out on joiplay, it didn't work, so it's definitely not a file issue, it's probably an issue with joiplay itself?

Reactions: astra1010

Jollira

Nov 13, 2017

and...

---

While running game code:

Full traceback:

Ren'Py 7.5.3.22090809
Our Life 1.7.0
---

this is before the mc goes for a walk and meets cove at the beach. no option to ignore the error so it's stuck here & the rest of the moment is unplayable.

i can get past this error by clicking soiree in the step 2 moment selection screen but when i choose to make mc go to the soiree alone and look for a partner to dance with, baxter's sprite doesn't show up like it did for the previous betas.

I did manage to fix it, but I would have to upload the whole game folder.

eveniiiing

Mar 18, 2021
does anyone have this issue? all the dlcs from step 1-3 works but baxter and derek doesn't im on android btw :(

laserjet28

May 15, 2021

and...

---

While running game code:

Full traceback:

Ren'Py 7.5.3.22090809
Our Life 1.7.0
---

Hmmmm... I think this might actually be a bug for the new release, cos I did see someone else in the comments of itch.io post the same error... and the developers have not responded yet. :unsure:

Maybe if someone here knows how to fix it they can share it with us, or if it's too complicated then hopefully they can post a new link for the updated version. :giggle:

• Red Heart
Reactions: grrsnowy

Jollira

Nov 13, 2017
Both the soiree moments should be fine; you can go by yourself or with either boy, and Baxter's sprite is present. I have only played to test this, so I don't know if there are other issues further along, but all the files are verified through Steam.

Alter_Reyd

May 25, 2020

Our Life: Baxter DLC Build 1.6.10B (PC, Mac, & Android)
Sorry sir, it's too late to escape now. We've got one more Baxter beta for you all! There's only a tiny amount of new alterations in terms of script content, but it's quite a bit more polished now. This is a lot closer to what the actual launch build is gonna be like. So, if you've been waiting for that now might be the time to try it ✨
If you come across an error report screen, you can click the ignore button to keep playing!
There are some missing BGs still, though it's a lot less noticeable than before, haha. Here's the download links-
Windows/Linux Download Link
Mac Download Link
Android Download Link
I'm including mirrors in case the original links get over-taxed. Also, you can bypass the quota limit by logging in to a Google Drive account, then on the file's download page, click "Add shortcut to Drive" in the upper right corner. Save it to your Drive, then create a new folder, put it inside, and download the folder!
Windows/Linux Download Link Mirror
Mac Download Link Mirror
Android Download Link Mirror
Important Notes To Play the Beta:
  • You access Baxter's Step 3 Moments by clicking a yellow button on the right hand side of the Moment Selection Screen.
  • The extra Step 3 scene for Baxter in the 'and then summer ended' section happens after the credits!
  • You need to play all of Baxter's Step 3 Moments to get the option to play Baxter's Step version of Step 4.
  • Baxter's DLC begins in the Step 3 opening. You can play from the beginning of the story until that point or start a new file and use an option at the start of the beta to skip right to Step 3.
  • Save files from this beta won't work in other beta builds or the main game. You can load saves from the main game in the beta but you need to play Step 3 from the beginning to see the new content.
  • Minor spoilers: There's only one way to start a romantic relationship with Baxter in Step 3. There are three ways to start a romantic relationship in Step 4. You can date Baxter in Step 3 and 4, only date him in S3 and not in S4, not date him in S3 and only start dating in S4, or never date him.
New Content:
  • A few thousand words of new alterations were sprinkled throughout the overall script
  • Partial voice acting has been added
  • New art and missing assets were added
  • Errors were fixed from the previous beta
Thank you to everyone who's left their thoughts and feedback on Baxter's story so far, and who have taken the time to play it at all. It was wonderful to see there were people who enjoyed it .
hi hi!

i tried the android beta build and i noticed a bug where the bgm dies out somehow (fixed it by restarting the game, it goes back to normal but then the bgm would be gone again)

i just wanna share the info

Reactions: ghhb_

eveniiiing

Mar 18, 2021
I play the game through steam so even if I did still have the email with my itch.io key I wouldn't have the updates for the other dlcs because everything got updated.
however the last beta build has everything except for some voice acting and a background or two
aww :( still thank u for ur service thomas1999 (╯˘ -˘ )╯

oTEMPESTo

Dec 31, 2021
Oh come on, I literally chose the options to be a boy and yet all the choices the game's given me so far is all so girly. I was hoping you got to play as the top. What a letdown.

4.70 star(s) 25 Votes