5.00 star(s) 11 Votes

Fizel

Feb 10, 2018
Damn, they both out here growing up into a whole assDINNER!!!:love::love: I'm screaming! These two are trouble I'm eagerly anticipating!

Also, I'm glad Qiu (they'll go by "Autumn", late game, right?) is growing/keeping their long hair, tis a special kink of mine~. and cosmetics/nail-art, too, I'd like to see more colors, but I'll sit here dreaming~:whistle:
Qiu means Autumn in Chinese. They use both, Autumn being their nickname and he uses it from the very start of the game. And they use the nail polish to signify whether or not to use the the 'they/them' pronouns. Nail polish = they/them, no nail polish = he/him.

View attachment 2157813
Yeeeeaah i hope so toooo
surely its all fluff right?right?
its not like we have to choose only one Romance interest and possibly break another Lis heart?Right?
The poly is supposed to be a support goal IIRC. They want to but it'll be so much extra coding they can't justify it without the financial backing.

Jiffie

Nov 8, 2017
Qiu means Autumn in Chinese. They use both, Autumn being their nickname and he uses it from the very start of the game. And they use the nail polish to signify whether or not to use the the 'they/them' pronouns. Nail polish = they/them, no nail polish = he/him.
God, I swear I've had a complete brainfart over their names!!! Oh, lord, I really wasn't paying attention! My first play through, I remembered them mentioning this, specifically Tamarack's, because I had a familiarity to her name, and I googled it to realize it was indeed a tree (I didn't know it was a tree, I just had a stroke of luck on this foraging site, prior to the announcement of OL2, and a tamarack was mentioned!); I'm totally blanking on Qiu explaining this. In my defense, I'm trying not to read too seriously though the demo, anticipating the full game release, so after my first run through the day, I quickly skip over it to get to the new content each update, forgetting all the early/intro stuff.

Gosh, thanks so much for informing me!:D

Now, I don't know a thing about the nail polish! It's very cool, (I still want more colors, though; I'm pretty fond of blood/dark red~:p). I'm guessing this is in developer notes somewhere, (I haven't played the newer updates yet, I was trying to refrain, but I'm losing that fight! I think I'll download it and... think on it...) because the demo hadn't yet left the first stage, right?

Does this make Qiu more "gender fluid" than "nonbinary" (correct me if I'm wrong, not my orientation, so I'm not heavily read up on it), or is this a "temporary" presentation, while Qiu grows more comfortable in their identity as genderless? Just asking for stalking analysisout of curiosity, I don't know if the developers prefers hard labeling their characters like that, or even if they've settled on/willing to release Qiu's exact gender journey, out of game. I just want to know if they're gender/transition been further talked of further (any other tidbits like the nail polish)? (I get it if you don't know, you don't have to answer; I don't typically follow the developers outside of this site; not until they're closer to releasing their finish products!)

Now I'm thinking! I'm sure it'll mimic something like Cove, given MC's customization, but do we know Qiu and Tamarack's sexuality and attraction yet? I wonder if they have any creative ideas for something other than pan/demi inclusivity. I get it, they'd likely be pan, for the broad uniqueness of players, but I wonder if they'd stretch the bounds with something like "MC-sexual" (I'm being vague for both simplicity's sake and and lack of creativity); like, not exactly demi, but more complex in catering to a quality the MC has, and customizing the Li's sexuality to reflect that specifically; Cove seemed to be set in his attraction, which is nice in its own way (I like when LIs exist outside of player's control), but it'd also be cool if these LIs could vary upon MC's traits. (Qiu/Tamarack attracted to the specific gender and sex of MC; like, if MC is feminine woman, Qiu/Tamarack is attracted to feminine women, if MC is masculine nonbinary, Qiu/Tamarack is attracted to masculine nonbinary, etc., changing along with whichever gender and sex the MC has, for that play through?)

I'm ranting again, I'll stop...

DipYourFingersOnMyAss

Jan 13, 2019
God, I swear I've had a complete brainfart over their names!!! Oh, lord, I really wasn't paying attention! My first play through, I remembered them mentioning this, specifically Tamarack's, because I had a familiarity to her name, and I googled it to realize it was indeed a tree (I didn't know it was a tree, I just had a stroke of luck on this foraging site, prior to the announcement of OL2, and a tamarack was mentioned!); I'm totally blanking on Qiu explaining this. In my defense, I'm trying not to read too seriously though the demo, anticipating the full game release, so after my first run through the day, I quickly skip over it to get to the new content each update, forgetting all the early/intro stuff.

Gosh, thanks so much for informing me!:D

Now, I don't know a thing about the nail polish! It's very cool, (I still want more colors, though; I'm pretty fond of blood/dark red~:p). I'm guessing this is in developer notes somewhere, (I haven't played the newer updates yet, I was trying to refrain, but I'm losing that fight! I think I'll download it and... think on it...) because the demo hadn't yet left the first stage, right?

Does this make Qiu more "gender fluid" than "nonbinary" (correct me if I'm wrong, not my orientation, so I'm not heavily read up on it), or is this a "temporary" presentation, while Qiu grows more comfortable in their identity as genderless? Just asking for stalking analysisout of curiosity, I don't know if the developers prefers hard labeling their characters like that, or even if they've settled on/willing to release Qiu's exact gender journey, out of game. I just want to know if they're gender/transition been further talked of further (any other tidbits like the nail polish)? (I get it if you don't know, you don't have to answer; I don't typically follow the developers outside of this site; not until they're closer to releasing their finish products!)

Now I'm thinking! I'm sure it'll mimic something like Cove, given MC's customization, but do we know Qiu and Tamarack's sexuality and attraction yet? I wonder if they have any creative ideas for something other than pan/demi inclusivity. I get it, they'd likely be pan, for the broad uniqueness of players, but I wonder if they'd stretch the bounds with something like "MC-sexual" (I'm being vague for both simplicity's sake and and lack of creativity); like, not exactly demi, but more complex in catering to a quality the MC has, and customizing the Li's sexuality to reflect that specifically; Cove seemed to be set in his attraction, which is nice in its own way (I like when LIs exist outside of player's control), but it'd also be cool if these LIs could vary upon MC's traits. (Qiu/Tamarack attracted to the specific gender and sex of MC; like, if MC is feminine woman, Qiu/Tamarack is attracted to feminine women, if MC is masculine nonbinary, Qiu/Tamarack is attracted to masculine nonbinary, etc., changing along with whichever gender and sex the MC has, for that play through?)

I'm ranting again, I'll stop...
View attachment Chef Skinner Reads The Letter Meme.mp4

Rasorui

Jun 28, 2020
From what I remember and what I found of the various answers on Tumblr:
Step 1 Qiu doesen't really understend non-binary genders and uses he/him exlusively
Step 2 Qiu uses they/them exclusively and I think they are experimenting
Step 3/4 quoting " Qiu uses “he/him” pronouns because they’re gender fluid and need multiple pronouns and there’s a very limited selection of widely known/accepted pronouns to choose from. Qiu personally doesn’t have a neopronoun that speaks to their heart, they’re not that attached to specific pronouns at all and just prefers the convenience of something everyone knows how to use. They’ve got they/them already and so all that’s left is she/her or he/him. Qiu goes for he/him since they’re used to being called it from childhood. However, Qiu isn’t partially male or sometimes identifying as male. They’re always a gender fluid person."
"Qiu personally doesn’t like different people using different pronouns at a time or someone switching the pronouns interchangeably. Qiu usually uses one pronoun for at least a few days, if not a week or two, at a time before going back to the other. Qiu wears nail polish when using they/them and doesn’t when using he/him, so those who know Qiu are always aware of which one to say."

igg

Feb 25, 2018

We're adding some more accessories for the MC that only become available once they're older! Earrings higher up on the ears and nose piercings will unlock further in the game.

And since I imagine people might be wondering, I am gonna mention how lip and eyebrow piercings won't be a part of the icons, for the MC or for NPCs who have those as part of their sprites (like Step 3 Serenity and Pran). The mouth and eyebrow layers move so it's too impractical to have an accessory attached to them. It'd require remaking the one detail over and over to fit every single eyebrow/mouth layer there is. But there's still plenty of cool options!

igg

Feb 25, 2018
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Pran loves his best bro Jeremy ️. Not that he'd actually admit it, though.
And I know, I'm not actually writing Step 3 right now. I'm still working on the prologue of Step 1, aha. But I didn't put Pran in this game so that he wouldn't have an amusing discussion with the MC where you learn about Jeremy from his perspective. That's the whole goal here. Still, when I do make the rest of Step 3, it's possible this conversation will happen in a different location or at a different time of day.

Miukinnie02

Jul 26, 2021
I genuinely misunderstood you, from my understanding you where saying that what I was aiming at was to just make it so that Vianca can be dated by main characters of any gender. That felt unfair to me since I was 100% sure I did not phrase my thoughts in a way that could have implied that, so I just assumed you misunderstood me on purpose.
It's not an excuse, but my first language isn't english, nor is my english the best, so I can fully imagine the fault was on my end entirely.

Also my apologies, despite that I didn't mean to say you're a horrible person (or something along the lines) for it, just doing what I considered was an acceptable level of snarkiness as a response.

As I wrote in this thread before this game might be the best VN I know (and I look for good yuri romance VNs of all kinds a lot) despite being at it's very beginning. The reason I feel comfortable about is that I, too, admire the work of the Devs a lot.
All I intended was to point out 1 of the very few things that I wish were different. And, as I've said, I can understand it, especially after someone took the time to explain some of the reasoning beyond the question of sexuality, and at the end of day it doesn't matter. If in the end there's only Tamarack as far as my interest in romanceable NPCs is concerned it would be fully enough.
I took some time off of internet so my bad for the late reply, English isn't my first language either and I've studied it for about 9 years, I understand what it means to misunderstand someone because of your lack of knowledge on a language. I'm used to speaking with natives so I often just act like everyone around me speaks it fluently. I realize there might have been some subtextual clues a foreigner could have not easily picked on. A few years ago I probably wouldn't have picked up on them either so don't worry about it.

Also I'm snarky too as you have seen lol, I'm actually pretty proud of myself for not cussing you out considering that's my usual response to conflict, so you're definitely not the most immature one here.

I look for yuri VN games too, I'm honestly pretty bummed out aswell I won't be able to date Vianca as another lesbian. Not to mention she is exactly my type. I love Tamarack alot but I definetely still wish dating vianca was an option, as she's my favorite character ad of now. All is well.

Orphanus

Oct 25, 2019
I took some time off of internet so my bad for the late reply, English isn't my first language either and I've studied it for about 9 years, I understand what it means to misunderstand someone because of your lack of knowledge on a language. I'm used to speaking with natives so I often just act like everyone around me speaks it fluently. I realize there might have been some subtextual clues a foreigner could have not easily picked on. A few years ago I probably wouldn't have picked up on them either so don't worry about it.

Also I'm snarky too as you have seen lol, I'm actually pretty proud of myself for not cussing you out considering that's my usual response to conflict, so you're definitely not the most immature one here.

I look for yuri VN games too, I'm honestly pretty bummed out aswell I won't be able to date Vianca as another lesbian. Not to mention she is exactly my type. I love Tamarack alot but I definetely still wish dating vianca was an option, as she's my favorite character ad of now. All is well.
I'm glad we could settle that before it turned into a pointless argument. :D No hard feelings on my end either, of course. :)

5.00 star(s) 11 Votes