5.00 star(s) 11 Votes

Laughingfox

Apr 2, 2017
Agreed. For example, think of the scenarios and disgustingly sweet moments of the trio waking up in bed together, struggling to wake up, wrestling with coffee, or like, doing each others hair and prepping for the day.

There's just a lot of interesting slice of life takes that aren't usually explored in this genre, that could be, in this manner. Which would make it stand even further out from other visual novels or a romance genre. Then again, maybe that's pushing things a bit too far for the dev and out of the comfort zone. Or it's simply easier to leave things as is but wrap up a resolution at the tail end. Dunno.

Should be a wonderful read, regardless.

Savaralyn

Apr 30, 2023
Tbh, I would be more interested if they were also into each other. Don't really like the dynamic where two LIs date MC but not each other
This, its a bit awkward and makes the relationship feel competitive/lopsided. Hopefully at least not picking the 'jealous over' options would make it a bit more amicable.

Reactions: Miukinnie02

Panon_B

Apr 28, 2023
I'm not gonna go into detail but when I was 10 I moved far away from my home, which is coincidentally the same age the player is when they move to Golden Grove, now I thought that was neat and would make this game more relatable than OL 1 was for me, but I was not prepared for just how relatable this game would be, at the start of step 2 there are options that exactly describe my emotional state as a teenager, I mean the exact same emotions right down to why I felt the way I did, if choices impact the game as much as they did in OL 1, not only will this be the most relatable game I've ever played, but I will be in tears by the end of step 2. This game is amazing and I can't wait for it to be finished.
Aw, I love that for you. I genuinely love when people feel seen by a game, and connected to it on that level. I hope you will have a great time. <3

Panon_B

Apr 28, 2023
Tbh, I would be more interested if they were also into each other. Don't really like the dynamic where two LIs date MC but not each other
Huh, I wonder how popular that opinion is. I'm personally totally on the opposite - I felt "abandoned" in other games when there was romance between other LI's, unless I was also number one. Very selfish of me but well, I'm playing a dating game, I don't need to be accommodating for once in my life lmao. So I was very glad when it turned out it would be a V type relationship because it doesn't really happen often in queer games, I feel?

And tbh, it feels appropriate when it comes to Tam and Qiu. Maybe if Baxter or Ren were an option, it would feel more equal but Tam and Qiu don't feel particularly close to me, and seem to have more of a "familiar", or even just "casual" bond. I have a feeling MC will most likely play "glue" to their relationship but we will see.

fuegofish

Aug 31, 2017
I have a feeling MC will most likely play "glue" to their relationship but we will see.
At least from the Step 2 preview that definitely seems to be the case and you could probably see it was going in that direction throughout Step 1. As kids they became friends just due to their proximity to each other but their personalities didn't really mesh so they were just going to drift apart as they get older. Any sort of bond between the three would be up to the MC to keep them together if that's what the player wishes.

Reactions: Panon_B

Fizel

Feb 10, 2018
I think MC will be able to play the role Cove unwittingly did.
Remember Terry and Randy really only become friends with MC through Cove. They were friends and Terry wanted to be Cove's friend, so Terry had to become MC's friend (at least in the playthroughs where MC is friends or more with Cove, as I haven't actually played the full game not being at least good friends with Cove). While Baxter is only really bought in by MC with some pushes from Terry.

We even already see a small part of it with the Boy's Club (still can't help but laugh here). Tamma isn't part of it but still seems to be friends with Baxter and Ren as much as she can be at the time. We even already have confirmation that
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Also a small rant about Baxter's parents in this spoiler here \/ Only proceed if you have played fully Baxter's OL1 dlc with romance and know the facts of the spoiler I hid earlier.

ggezwux

Jul 30, 2021
Just a LOT of things are lining up for Baxter's parents to be even more terrible then I thought.

Also I thought Terry became Cove's friend while you were friends with Miranda and funnily enough everyone knew eachother except you and Terry? (Unless you didn't do Randy's birthday moment, ig? She and Cove would meet for the first time as would you and Terry???) :0 Time to reread lmao

portiamento

Jan 5, 2021
No, but depending on where you saved you can't add your own hometown, race and heritage. I used a save after those options I didn't felt like I missed out on anything.
last time I played I think I was playing on the bridge with friends and threw some nuts to below. Then I couldnt add my hometown, race and heritage?

igg

Feb 25, 2018
Have a gander.

The Kickstarter is launching in less than two weeks (10 October 2023 for those who read these later), but you don't have to wait until then to see the full details about it. I'm sharing a preview of the entire page for supporters here on Patreon ✨
(though it'll remain linked I still recommend at least supporting GB before clicking)
I think it turned out really pretty. If there's anything confusing or that could use more detail, feel free to let me know!

Fizel

Feb 10, 2018

Also I thought Terry became Cove's friend while you were friends with Miranda and funnily enough everyone knew eachother except you and Terry? (Unless you didn't do Randy's birthday moment, ig? She and Cove would meet for the first time as would you and Terry???) :0 Time to reread lmao

You also just kind of know Miranda, depending on yours playthrough. MC & Cove really don't become actual friends with her till they meet Terry.

Reactions: ggezwux

Grizloy

May 3, 2019
In my head I knew it would be a long, long time before this beautiful little game is anywhere near finished, but damn if that doesn't still hurt a bit!
It took around 4 years for the first game to reach that point (from "demo" to "almost finished"), so I'd say 2 years is close to nothing (especially considering the scale of the game, where "every little choice matters").

Ramen-

Aug 28, 2018
Our Life 2: Opal Second Halloween Costume (Step 2)
For the most part, Halloween costumes in Step 2 (and who even still wears a costume at those ages) haven't been decided. But there's an exception here! I knew that Opal would still wanna get all dressed up for the occasion and the look she would go for. She's the queen of hearts from Alice and Wonderland and is working it.

5.00 star(s) 11 Votes