5.00 star(s) 13 Votes

sulli

Jul 11, 2022
I appreciate the reference to "our life : beginnings and always" with the phrase that the main character can say "don't let the bugs bite" for saying good night at the slumber party

• Red Heart
Reactions: Esterwink

Luunar

Jul 12, 2022
Really sorry to hear about your save files but I think it has something to do with the update to the engine they use, which is why it couldnt be overwritten. Here's to hoping this won't be an issue in the future! I'll look into seeing if there's a way to preserve save files just in case there isn't.
After looking into this, I think you may be able to access the save data via android/obb or android/data without needing root access. I'll test this out and i'll post again if I get successful results.

Luunar

Jul 12, 2022
After looking into this, I think you may be able to access the save data via android/obb or android/data without needing root access. I'll test this out and i'll post again if I get successful results.
Update;
For those of you on android, it should be under
android/data/gbpatch.ourlifenowandforever , You can back up your saves manually from here in the event that you have to reinstall it. No root access required.

Luunar

Jul 12, 2022
1721745292181.png

It's finished ️

And I'll repeat this from the line art preview:

Everyone has their own outfits for their MC, however this scene happens when the MC is trying out a jacket/pair of gloves they just got. There's a few options at the store to mix and match with, but it's not the normal wardrobe. So, that's how this cut-in image was made possible, haha.

Cut-In Artist: talentlesshuman

ineverbetaken

Jun 11, 2022
View attachment 3859659

It's finished ️

Everyone has their own outfits for their MC, however this scene happens when the MC is trying out a jacket/pair of gloves they just got. There's a few options at the store to mix and match with, but it's not the normal wardrobe. So, that's how this cut-in image was made possible, haha.

So precious, I love they both have different way of holding hands with MC.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Ivirana0 and Luunar

Fizel

Feb 10, 2018
View attachment 3859659

It's finished ️

So precious, I love they both have different way of holding hands with MC.
Honestly yes, it's such a good nod at their personalities. Especially looking into some of their future personality traits. Just look at the step 2 preview then take a good look at that picture, and it's so clear.

Qiu has a much firmer grip. His hand entirely circling the MC's. Qiu is the type who is afraid of losing things that are truly important to them.

Tamarack has a looser grip. Her grip is much more cradling. Tamarack is more afraid of her own place and holding onto things too tightly.

Savaralyn

Apr 30, 2023
View attachment 3859659

It's finished ️

Ahh, I was wondering about that, having only 3 variations for the MC's outfit seemed kind of odd, but if they're trying clothes on it works a lot better xD

So much easier in the original game I spose since it was summer and you didn't need to worry about drawing sleeves.

Luunar

Jul 12, 2022
Happy Project W Wednesday

This time I feel like rambling about the creation process again. Something that's hopefully going to be neat about Project W is the size of the cast and the amount of stuff that's going on. There are three leads and those people have entirely different lives. They're not neighbors, they're not kids who don't have much prior history. They're full grown individuals with their own friends, co-workers, antagonists, etc. And there are not separate character routes; everything for everyone is going on at the same time. It makes for a busy place, haha. You'll certainly be pulled in different directions, with many options for making your way through the goings ons.

The MC has people connected specifically to them too. There's gonna be a set of characters who, in an Our Life game, would be the only characters around. It'd be an entire cast for a Step! In Project W, those characters are a small element of a much larger situation. They fit into the story in a neat way, not exactly "normal" parts of the events. You can still choose how you interact with them and if you like them or not, but you'll have to wait to find out why they're somewhat unusual.

This idea for the MC's circumstances was how I fixed one of the major problems in my original idea for Project W, the version of the game that was scrapped at the start of this year. Hopefully the plans come together well!

Honestly, I'm pretty nervous about this game. GB Patch Games has been in the VN sphere for several years, the OL games are considered quality commercial projects, and there's a player base who are gonna be excited for what we do next. It's fair to expect the game will be good , but I'm not going into this as an expert. I'm a total beginner on large, plot-focused stories set in fantastical, historical worlds. There's so many ways something could fall flat or be confusing and tons of opportunities that could be missed. Though, there's no other type of story I want to make after OL2. So, I'm just gonna have to go for it! We'll all see how it goes, aha.

And that's this month's post. Thank you for reading.

Luunar

Jul 12, 2022
[ ]

Here's this month's Q&A! It's another super long one. But there's actually a small lie in here. I mention off-handedly I don't play Harvest Moon now. That's not true. It's the recent entries in the series that I don't play. I do still love the older games. I'm playing an old Harvest Moon right now, haha.

Thank you to everyone who submitted questions ✨

Luunar

Jul 12, 2022
1722192713221.png
1722192725473.png
1722192754643.png

Here are the concepts that were created for Tamarack's childhood room! Option A is what ended up in the game.

And there's an extra bonus piece I can share. Originally, this background was created with nice daytime lighting. However, I realized I wanted the scene after Qiu's ballet practice to be in the evening. So, you only see her room with a cozy sunset lighting in the story. If you were wondering about what the colors were like without the tinting, now you know!

Luunar

Jul 12, 2022

OL2: Color Selection Preview

Woo, look at that! Shawna, our lead programmer, is working on a total remake of the MC Doll customization screen. It has a bunch of new features that we'll be sharing over the next few months.

This video shows how you'll eventually be able to choose any color you want for any part of the doll. You can even just type in a hex code to get the exact shade you're after. And once you have picked out a color, you can give it a name so it gets described in the script and save it for future playthroughs in the "Custom Colors" section ✨

Ivirana0

Aug 29, 2023

OL2: Color Selection Preview

Woo, look at that! Shawna, our lead programmer, is working on a total remake of the MC Doll customization screen. It has a bunch of new features that we'll be sharing over the next few months.

This video shows how you'll eventually be able to choose any color you want for any part of the doll. You can even just type in a hex code to get the exact shade you're after. And once you have picked out a color, you can give it a name so it gets described in the script and save it for future playthroughs in the "Custom Colors" section ✨
This is actually awesome! I can't wait to use it.

Luunar

Jul 12, 2022
1723147544107.png

Kids are not the most subtle people, haha. Austin and Joey sit in the same desk group as the MC and Tamarack. This is what you've gotta deal with in school.

Pure Text:
joey “You’re next-door neighbors.”

if neighbors:

tam “Yeah, we’re neighbors.”

if close:

tam “Yeah, me and [first_name] live right by each other!”

#####

austin “I thought so.”

if neighbors:

austin “Do you like each other? If you’re together all the time, you should get along.”

“Huh? Do you like each other…? What? Why was [Austin] wondering why you and Tamarack weren’t friends? [Joey] gleefully joined in on this.”

joey “Maybe they pretend they don’t like each other ‘cause they’re shyyy. Boo-hoo.”

“He twisted his fists in front of his head. It looked like he was revving the handles of a motorcycle, but it was supposed to be him wiping away make-believe tears.”

#####

if close:

austin “That’s why you like each other.”

“[Austin] sat up proudly, like she’d confirmed a new dinosaur fact.”

austin “Are you each other’s favorite people in the class?”

“What? Why did it matter to [Austin] how well you and Tamarack got along? [Joey] gleefully joined in on this.”

joey “Maybe they have cruuushes on each other. That is sooo adorable.”

“He clasped his hands together, making kissy faces at the two of you.”

#####

“[Joey] was not taking [Austin]’s wonderings seriously, or Tamarack’s and your lives for that matter.”

austin “Ignore him.”

“She swept [Joey] off with a swing of her piggy tails. It was more effective than a broom against a pile of crumbs.”

if neighbors tam:

austin “If you don’t like each other, is there anyone you do like? Do you have a crush on somebody in class?”

if close:

austin “Do you have a crush on each other? Or anyone in class?”

#####

“[Austin] leaned in closer, listening for the quietest answers and watching for the smallest eye movement. She was surveying you stronger than the teacher did.”

“With how invested she’d gotten, you felt this was where things were gonna go the whole time. It wasn’t about you and Tamarack knowing each other, [Austin] was trying to figure out who liked who.”

if close tam:

“[Joey]’s joke was [Austin]’s reality.”

#####

5.00 star(s) 13 Votes