5.00 star(s) 14 Votes

RUMInej0

Oct 31, 2023
And my brain thought this was a chill moment on the game [not complaining i love these characters moment , specially since tamarack doesn't know she will stay here so she thinks all the memories on this town would be gone , i just know this is gonna be a big thing in step 2]

Xionik

Apr 16, 2024
I love this game so much. I finally played through a route where the MC just didn't want to be there or have friends and to my surprise, the game actually let me. So many games just make the MC go along with whatever is happening with no real way for the player to disagree with anything. It got me thinking about the story- this kid could have been pulled from a school/friends/home/neighborhood that they loved and brought to an old run down house in the middle of the woods and a town with no jobs available. I grew up in a town like that. It seems nice on paper but its absolutely terrible when you hit like 12-13. Their mom had them via IVF which is awesome, but has no support at all- so the kid is now raised by the neighbors and grandparents of kids they may not even like. That really struck me as a selfish thing to do. Mom doesn't seem to have any time for them as she's always working and even goes off on work trips leaving them with the scary grandparents next door (at least judging by Tam's tea party). I loved the sleepover moment where you can just break down and straight up say "I want a different mom". Even in the Trick or Treat moment so far- she didn't even bother spending time with you to pick a pumpkin. Seems like it would have been a good bonding moment since it's the first and last one you'll ever have, but she's off talking to the neighbors instead. I really hope this sort of path continues through the game and maybe you pull away from or resent your mom and lean on friends even more (I wish the moms from the first game were here! I loved them so much. Maybe your mom will find a nice hawaiian lady).

I know that I'm probably looking into it waaay too deep for such a cute game, but I really appreciate that there is such a good quality story there that I can sort of fit my own narrative in and really enjoy it.

Last edited:

snibsiesss

Oct 2, 2024
Reactions: ANonymOUse12319

OAKGUYLOL1

Sep 6, 2024
I love this game so much. I finally played through a route where the MC just didn't want to be there or have friends and to my surprise, the game actually let me. So many games just make the MC go along with whatever is happening with no real way for the player to disagree with anything. It got me thinking about the story- this kid could have been pulled from a school/friends/home/neighborhood that they loved and brought to an old run down house in the middle of the woods and a town with no jobs available. I grew up in a town like that. It seems nice on paper but its absolutely terrible when you hit like 12-13. Their mom had them via IVF which is awesome, but has no support at all- so the kid is now raised by the neighbors and grandparents of kids they may not even like. That really struck me as a selfish thing to do. Mom doesn't seem to have any time for them as she's always working and even goes off on work trips leaving them with the scary grandparents next door (at least judging by Tam's tea party). I loved the sleepover moment where you can just break down and straight up say "I want a different mom". Even in the Trick or Treat moment so far- she didn't even bother spending time with you to pick a pumpkin. Seems like it would have been a good bonding moment since it's the first and last one you'll ever have, but she's off talking to the neighbors instead. I really hope this sort of path continues through the game and maybe you pull away from or resent your mom and lean on friends even more (I wish the moms from the first game were here! I loved them so much. Maybe your mom will find a nice hawaiian lady).

I know that I'm probably looking into it waaay too deep for such a cute game, but I really appreciate that there is such a good quality story there that I can sort of fit my own narrative in and really enjoy it.
I lowkey can't imagine playing this game without loving the mom. I just vibed with her so much. Cool as hell that being able to interpret it like that is even possible though they really did a good job making this game

lovelyautumn

Nov 27, 2021
View attachment 4129025 View attachment 4129028
View attachment 4129032
View attachment 4129035
OL2: Trick or Treat Screenshots (Step 1)

Tamarack wants to trick or treat forever, Qiu is excited for future fun. And then Step 2 happens and it didn't work out how either of them expected... Happy Halloween️
dang even the halloween moment isn't safe from some mild angst, sometimes i forget how different tamarack and qiu are and how that leads to their divide in step 2

i wonder if we can trick or treat in step 2 actually to follow up on this

Reactions: ANonymOUse12319

Savaralyn

Apr 30, 2023
dang even the halloween moment isn't safe from some mild angst, sometimes i forget how different tamarack and qiu are and how that leads to their divide in step 2

i wonder if we can trick or treat in step 2 actually to follow up on this
Oof, step 2 halloween seems like itd be a big mess. Qiu is in his idgaf era and probably wouldn't want to do anything for halloween, much less actually dress up, and Tamarack is seemingly super self conscious about her appearance/how she's perceived by others, making halloween a big red flag for her in regards potential embarrassment.

yjummyjum

Aug 26, 2024

It was hinted at that Yusuf likes our mc's mom, and I didn't pick it up at first, but at the dinner, he was flirting with our mom. And GBPatch lady might have hinted at something there but I do know if you so choose Yusuf can be seen as a father figure towards the Mc.

Reactions: Xionik and ggezwux

gamwezs

Jul 12, 2018
Oof, step 2 halloween seems like itd be a big mess. Qiu is in his idgaf era and probably wouldn't want to do anything for halloween, much less actually dress up, and Tamarack is seemingly super self conscious about her appearance/how she's perceived by others, making halloween a big red flag for her in regards potential embarrassment.
I feel like the halloween moment will take place at a halloween party, Tamarack would probably go because she feels like she has too to fit in, and Qiu would go because he's either forced to or maybe it's his parents party

Savaralyn

Apr 30, 2023
It was hinted at that Yusuf likes our mc's mom, and I didn't pick it up at first, but at the dinner, he was flirting with our mom. And GBPatch lady might have hinted at something there but I do know if you so choose Yusuf can be seen as a father figure towards the Mc.
Sounds like it'd be cute to have Yusuf as a dad figure, he's a cool guy. Though I hope he catches on quick that the mom isn't really interested in romance before he gets his heart broken.

lovelyautumn

Nov 27, 2021
yeahh, highly doubt theyd dress up because they see it as childish or that theyre too old for it, maybe tamarack if you manage to talk her into it? qiu and tam would only do it then if youre probs like friends, best friends or crushes

imagine if you can make mc dress up and expect them to but they dont, lots of possibilities for that if its actually a moment in step 2

iloveourlife

Apr 2, 2024
Sounds like it'd be cute to have Yusuf as a dad figure, he's a cool guy. Though I hope he catches on quick that the mom isn't really interested in romance before he gets his heart broken.
The mom can be interested in romance, she's just not interested in sex. She's asexual, not romantic, and if my memory serves me correctly, I read that it's not that she wasn't interested, it was more so she didn't catch on to the flirting. I'm pretty sure I remember reading one of the QnA's that something could happen between Yusuf and Opal. I'm not sure if I'm entirely correct there but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

1729052970772.png

Last edited:

Savaralyn

Apr 30, 2023
The mom can be interested in romance, she's just not interested in sex. She's asexual, not romantic, and if my memory serves me correctly, I read that it's not that she wasn't interested, it was more so she didn't catch on to the flirting. I'm pretty sure I remember reading one of the QnA's that something could happen between Yusuf and Opal. I'm not sure if I'm entirely correct there but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

View attachment 4137403
Ahh, I misremembered that ask then. Good to know

Reactions: Xionik

Haklsdad

Jul 25, 2024
I’m not the only one who is a little bit concerned that luunar or munyaha havent sent out the patreon content yet right? It’s been a few days and normally they are very good about posting the content here quickly.

Reactions: Hoalaaantonie
5.00 star(s) 14 Votes