BloodyMares

Dec 4, 2017
what's the difference between remastered alpha and remastered final? wondering if I should use the newest guide or wait?
If you're talking about the guide, then Alpha has all events described and is ready to use. Beta release will have links to all the variables where you could click on one to see its meaning and consequences, so it's mostly an update for reader's convenience but doesn't affect information. Final release will have a checklist that tracks all opportunities to gain stat points, Agenda (relationship) points, and the list of Gallery scenes with brief instructions how to unlock them. All that is just supplementary material for those who are not interested in reading most of the guide and just want to skip to stat building or want instructions on how to unlock all scenes in the gallery. If you are simply interested in the walkthrough, you can get the Alpha version. If you pay attention to the variables and keep in mind what each of them means, you'll be perfectly fine.

Reactions: selberdreher

naoligopraisso

Jun 13, 2018
the last update was on November 10th of last year, so I agree with the "trolls" that say this game is dead or abandoned.
"a but the game had an update in the 4th month of this year, don't talk nonsense"
what we receive was a remaster of a game that apparently isn't even close to being finished, and that I can't imagine anyone asking for it, since the original art was already beautiful.

The_Searcher

Dec 30, 2019
I still don't understand what people who think the game is dead are doing here. If it's dead move on with your life, this forum is full of games I'm sure there's at least one you will like. What's the point of repeating over and over the same four overused takes?
Yeah, full of unfinished games with an almost annual episode schedule, wich it's not surprising at all since it's the Patreon style. Don't get me wrong, I understand that almost all the creators here are indie developers and perhaps this is the way that works better for them.(I found more worriesome the fact that a lot of "triple AAA" games are following the same path with lots of unfinished content al launch, etc...)

But to your comment, its easy: why there are people still here if they think the game is dead? Because in the end they like the game, it's probably one of the best here and it's sad that has this schedule... And people talk about that here. And I think it's okay, this is ORS official thread here after all and I find IMO normal reading complaints about the schedule for new content.

The real point here is: if certain people is bothering you with certain messages/opinions, why don't use the ignore option that this forum offers and works great?

KingRei

Apr 15, 2018
Anyone who thinks the game is dead has definitely never tried to develop a game. Game development is slow and tedious, not fast and sexy. It's a lot of really boring ass scripting and a lot of redoing things over and over and over again while you try to get everything just right. Most games here are developed by 1-3 people while big commercial games typically have teams of dozens of people. The lack of labour on these micro fanprojects makes development that much slower, again. The smaller your team is, the more likely the entire game grinds to a halt anytime one person can't do their work for whatever reasons. In the case of a one person team, that's literally the only thing that can happen.

naoligopraisso

Jun 13, 2018
the issue is not about the difficulty or quality produced in this game, but the delays without plausible justification, it is obvious that both those who complain about delays, and those who don't care about it, like the game.
I don't deny that it takes time to do the arts and programming for the game (and yes, I have experience in that).
I would never say that the game is not good, I love ors and gggb.
But I can't lie either, it's been almost 9 months since a real update of the game, and at first the updates took between 1 to 2 months without fail. The more time and experience I have with these games and developers, the more I see that the trend is to increase production time and "milking" fans more and more to extend the game's lifespan.
I can list several developers who do this sort of thing.

4.60 star(s) 318 Votes