dontcarewhateverno

Engaged Member
Jan 25, 2021
Not saying I agree that F+F shouldn't be considered cheating. It's a trust/honesty thing & that's bullshit behavior if those ground-rules aren't laid out beforehand.

That said, there's a more intense, primal, instinctual reaction involved in M+F cheating in an evolutionary mating sense, due to the potential implications there. Doesn't make the former "not really cheating" though. Seriously a bullshit cop-out. I've gotta be honest about my reaction of the former vs the latter though. "WTF? How the hell am I supposed to trust you?" vs "CAVEMAN SMASSSHHHH!!"

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
Not saying I agree that F+F shouldn't be considered cheating. It's a trust/honesty thing & that's bullshit behavior if those ground-rules aren't laid out beforehand.

That said, there's a more intense, primal, instinctual reaction involved in M+F cheating in an evolutionary mating sense, due to the potential implications there. Doesn't make the former "not really cheating" though. Seriously a bullshit cop-out. I've gotta be honest about my reaction of the former vs the latter though. "WTF? How the hell am I supposed to trust you?" vs "CAVEMAN SMASSSHHHH!!"
I think it's both the mating sense, but also and perhaps more the inherent physicality and vulnerability in the M+F pairing. Yes, some women are bigger than men blah blah blah but on average, most heterosexual liasons see the woman put in a position of physical vulnerability due to their size and strength. So from that, a female cheating on a male could be viewed as not only a betrayal but a usurping of that "safe/vulnerable" space dynamic the female and S.O. first had; even more so if the affair-guy is seen as a risk for aggression or violence, which is often the case and probably part of the appeal of themes in games like this.

To me the whole trust part is overstated though; I often hear that as a progressive platitute; "oh, its not the physical act, it's the betrayal of trust in the emotional relationship".

Pardon my french, but that's fuckn bullshit.

If a guy's girlfriend tells him she's going out to eat at McDonalds, then comes back home and he asks, "How was McDonalds?", and she replies, "Hahaha I lied to you, I actually went to Taco Bell", he doesn't feel some deep emotional cut at the betrayal, no, he'd probably say; "Uhhhh well did you get me any gorditas?" :D

He feels devastated at sexual cheating because another guy had his dick in an area she normally only shows to her doctor and significant other; the physical act itself is extremely relevant in the betrayal.

dontcarewhateverno

Engaged Member
Jan 25, 2021
I think it's both the mating sense, but also and perhaps more the inherent physicality and vulnerability in the M+F pairing. Yes, some women are bigger than men blah blah blah but on average, most heterosexual liasons see the woman put in a position of physical vulnerability due to their size and strength. So from that, a female cheating on a male could be viewed as not only a betrayal but a usurping of that "safe/vulnerable" space dynamic the female and S.O. first had; even more so if the affair-guy is seen as a risk for aggression or violence, which is often the case and probably part of the appeal of themes in games like this.

To me the whole trust part is overstated though; I often hear that as a progressive platitute; "oh, its not the physical act, it's the betrayal of trust in the emotional relationship".

Pardon my french, but that's fuckn bullshit.

If a guy's girlfriend tells him she's going out to eat at McDonalds, then comes back home and he asks, "How was McDonalds?", and she replies, "Hahaha I lied to you, I actually went to Taco Bell", he doesn't feel some deep emotional cut at the betrayal, no, he'd probably say; "Uhhhh well did you get me any gorditas?" :D

He feels devastated at sexual cheating because another guy had his dick in an area she normally only shows to her doctor and significant other; the physical act itself is extremely relevant in the betrayal.
I think either you misunderstood me or I misunderstood you, because I'm not sure what exactly you're disagreeing with or trying to say there. :unsure: Cheating is a bunch more than just betrayal of trust. I never said it wasn't. Emotional betrayal goes a lot further than eating at Taco Bell when you said McDonalds. Especially if you dropped the Chalupa, which is unforgiveable. The physical betrayal element just stings on a more primal level.

Was just saying for me personally, I'd have a much bigger problem with an s/o cheating with a guy than a situation with a girl on a primal level. But if we hadn't already come to some sort of agreement that F/F was ok, it's still quite a bit more than Taco-bell/McDonalds... F/M would feel more like a physical betrayal (due to those primal/pride aspects) as well as emotional for me. But I'd still lose trust in her and could potentially see her under a different light in a variety of ways (including emotionally) in an F/F, especially if I was serious about the relationship. Unless you're just fuck-friends, relationships are far more than just physical. Especially if the F/F was more emotional between the both of them, rather than a sex-toy friend she might bring home to share with you. Discussed and agreed on beforehand, parameters and boundaries set = fair game.

Last edited:

Esti

Oct 14, 2017
Guys are always competing with other guys on some level. More so in the mating sense. And it always has those ownership/exclusive undertones. "She is MY girl", "She will be mother of MY children" and so on. Also, there is a sense of pride in the mate you've got and that she chose you. This shit is wired on the instinctual level. So when your gilfriend is cheating with other guys it's devastating: it's not just the betrayal on it's own. It also means that not only exclusivity is gone, but the pride and the ownership as well. Before you were the strongest mate in world for her, someone she at least partially submitted to, who she respected and believed in. Now you got usurped in that role, now you are just one of many and your whole sense of worth is diminished. When she cheats with another girl it just another mode of relationships alltogether. Doesn't pack that big of a punch from the instinctual standpoint. Another girl can't give your SO babies, so she doesn't pose such a threat in that lizard brain of ours.

Despite that, cheating with other girl is still cheating, of course. Precisely because we are more than our instincts and our emotional connections matter as much as our physical do.

Reactions: zOrg5

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
It's not cheating because it's a girl? What kind of backwards thinking is that?
So if I'll let some guy put one in my ass I would not be cheating on my girlfriend?
Well, yes, quite a few girlfriends would be actually into watching that :whistle::coffee:

Lilithblackbriar

Oct 19, 2021
I was playing got to chapter 7 was playing ian emma and ian's roomate was in the same room as soon as I choose to smoke that some kind of weed the weird visuals started looking like a animated kaleidoscope and then the error white screen rollback screen but it seemed to act like it was part of the game and not an error when I clicked on quite ian said something like "that did not work strange" then I clicked ignore and then ian was in the bar wondering what happened then it went back to the white error rollback screen it seems I could not do nothing except ctrl-alt-del to get out of it, was that part of the game-play or was that a bug?

dundun

Jul 6, 2017
I was playing got to chapter 7 was playing ian emma and ian's roomate was in the same room as soon as I choose to smoke that some kind of weed the weird visuals started looking like a animated kaleidoscope and then the error white screen rollback screen but it seemed to act like it was part of the game and not an error when I clicked on quite ian said something like "that did not work strange" then I clicked ignore and then ian was in the bar wondering what happened then it went back to the white error rollback screen it seems I could not do nothing except ctrl-alt-del to get out of it, was that part of the game-play or was that a bug?
When Ian is taking Emma's drug and you are getting an exception error, this is
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Lilithblackbriar

Oct 19, 2021
Yes. Pay attention to what Ian says, it provides hints what buttons on the "crash" screen to focus on, and you'll get through the sequence eventually.
Oh I made that mistake then I thought it was a weird bug anyway I took the other route clicked on the last one drugs not for me option and I've finished it for the current version but when playing leena I am guessing in the current version leena can't fall in love with holly yet leena's relationship level with holly is maxed but I can't get it to show a heart on holly's profile yes holly is my fav so far and yes love the game and for ian mc my fav girl for him is emma but not in this version sadly.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
I think either you misunderstood me or I misunderstood you, because I'm not sure what exactly you're disagreeing with or trying to say there. :unsure: Cheating is a bunch more than just betrayal of trust. I never said it wasn't. Emotional betrayal goes a lot further than eating at Taco Bell when you said McDonalds. Especially if you dropped the Chalupa, which is unforgiveable. The physical betrayal element just stings on a more primal level.

Was just saying for me personally, I'd have a much bigger problem with an s/o cheating with a guy than a situation with a girl on a primal level. But if we hadn't already come to some sort of agreement that F/F was ok, it's still quite a bit more than Taco-bell/McDonalds... F/M would feel more like a physical betrayal (due to those primal/pride aspects) as well as emotional for me. But I'd still lose trust in her and could potentially see her under a different light in a variety of ways (including emotionally) in an F/F, especially if I was serious about the relationship. Unless you're just fuck-friends, relationships are far more than just physical. Especially if the F/F was more emotional between the both of them, rather than a sex-toy friend she might bring home to share with you. Discussed and agreed on beforehand, parameters and boundaries set = fair game.
Then we're in furious agreement! F/F would be a purely emotionally betrayal - though it would also depend on the way it was communicated like you said - if she was sketchy about it; ala "What's your problem I just hung out with friends on friday" when you know she slept in a girls bed, much more hurtful vs "Oh yah I messed around with Katie last friday, she's so hot!"

Oddly even imagining having a gf leave me for a girl is less hurtful than her cheating with a guy and wanting to stay in relationship. - I guess I could rationalize it as; she had desires I'd never be able to fufill - but not in a way that makes me insecure; I literally don't have the equipment even if I was the hottest guy on earth....

Reactions: dontcarewhateverno

ffive

Forum Fanatic
Jun 19, 2022
Oddly even imagining having a gf leave me for a girl is less hurtful than her cheating with a guy and wanting to stay in relationship.
Not really odd, imo -- if the third party is of your own gender, then it's much more likely to deal severe hit to one's self-esteem, because it's like a direct comparison (that you've lost) While if that person is of the other gender, then it's much easier to mitigate this aspect of emotional damage.

Reactions: Samuel Hidayat

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
Not really odd, imo -- if the third party is of your own gender, then it's much more likely to deal severe hit to one's self-esteem, because it's like a direct comparison (that you've lost) While if that person is of the other gender, then it's much easier to mitigate this aspect of emotional damage.
True, but many people would rather suffer an affair than a full-on split.

4.60 star(s) 318 Votes