Gicoo

Feb 18, 2018
Is pirate Ian coming back?
I wonder if Eva would make a profit if they drop the cost from 20€ to 5€. 20€ for one chapter (heck, its only a prologue) is insane. 3-5€ is on par with what other developers demand.

Sethmsf

Sep 23, 2022
I wonder if Eva would make a profit if they drop the cost from 20€ to 5€. 20€ for one chapter (heck, its only a prologue) is insane. 3-5€ is on par with what other developers demand.
The €5 fee allows you to access the final version of the update instead of the alpha and beta, you just have to wait a couple more weeks

balvenie1401

Dec 29, 2017
I wonder if Eva would make a profit if they drop the cost from 20€ to 5€.
Technically she'd still make a profit if the yearly subscription was $1 as long as one person buys it.

If you meant to ask "will she make the SAME profit?" Then most likely not.. she has a healthy enough fanbase so no incentive to lower prices.

Reactions: jojogeo

Gicoo

Feb 18, 2018
you just have to wait a couple more weeks
That's the crux of the matter and another reason to pirate (not only free but fast!). And if you want to support them below 20€, you could still do it (heh).

Technically she'd still make a profit if the yearly subscription was $1 as long as one person buys it.

If you meant to ask "will she make the SAME profit?" Then most likely not.. she has a healthy enough fanbase so no incentive to lower prices.
With profit I mean that they would gain even more money than already.
E.g. I don't consider the update worth 20€, but may buy it if its 3-5€. So there would be a profit in this instance.

Of course, we don't know how every potential customer would react, so we don't know how many 20€ suppporters exist that would decrease the income if the update was available cheaper.

sauron93

Donor
Nov 6, 2020
That's the crux of the matter and another reason to pirate (not only free but fast!). And if you want to support them below 20€, you could still do it (heh).

With profit I mean that they would gain even more money than already.
E.g. I don't consider the update worth 20€, but may buy it if its 3-5€. So there would be a profit in this instance.

Of course, we don't know how every potential customer would react, so we don't know how many 20€ suppporters exist that would decrease the income if the update was available cheaper.
This makes no sense. Considering how fast shit gets leaked here, if high tiers don't exist, then the creators won't make any money. Also, I personally know many games that don't get leaked in the early beta stage, so that the creator can actually make something out of this.

Reactions: GokutheG
4.60 star(s) 318 Votes